So what is the point of keeping the Gift of N'zoth?

Because nothing happened with it in 8.3. I'd love some assurance.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

You keep it in the hopes that someday Blizzard will throw you a little something and you get to say "Hey look at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    There was an article with Polygon I believe, they said they aren't going to do anything with it anymore.

I think there are some extra characters who talk about Nzoth, but the general gist is they aren't doing anything with it. It wasn't meant to be a player choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    There were datamined PvP quests for it where you could kill your own but not seen any yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Those are im the game but dont require the eye afaik.
    Much similar to the bounty quest, the Servant of N'Zoth title is gained by obtaining the assassination buff in Warmode (by killing 10 enemy players without dying) which gives you the Servant of N'Zoth quest. You receive an item that'll drain 60% of your Max HP on use and allow you to attack your own faction. You then need to gain 10 kills of your own faction without dying.

None of the above can be done in a raid group, but it can be done in a regular 5man party. And like you mentioned, it's completely independant of the Gift of N'Zoth.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

So far, I've found out since 8.3 dropped, that if you've kept the Actual "Gift of N'Zoth" you can understand Shadow Priests when they Talk in Void form. That is all I've found so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There were datamined PvP quests for it where you could kill your own but not seen any yet.
    that's the servant of nzoth title. you get it from killing people in warmode, becoming an assassin and getting a quest to kill 10 of your own faction without dying or dying to the buff
    requires no gift
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    So far, I've found out since 8.3 dropped, that if you've kept the Actual "Gift of N'Zoth" you can understand Shadow Priests when they Talk in Void form. That is all I've found so far.
    yeah I noticed that too, you can understand Shath'yar, which is the old god language in general. Might be some minor easter eggs scattered about in that, like demon hunters being able to speak/read demonic. (do the Blasted Lands quests with the other demon hunter, it's hilarious)

I could've sworn someone mentioned an 8.3 thing that required it and rewarded you a toy or something though.

They also fixed it now so if you use other transmog-altering costumes (anything that changes your clothes, but not your character model) it doesn't revert your Gift to your base helmet appearance afterwards. (it was so annoying on my monk, where storm, earth, and fire broke all such costume toys)
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-01-22 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They also fixed it now so if you use other transmog-altering costumes (anything that changes your clothes, but not your character model) it doesn't revert your Gift to your base helmet appearance afterwards. (it was so annoying on my monk, where storm, earth, and fire broke all such costume toys)
    I actually liked this "feature" because I'm a transmogger, and that Eye often ruins almost all transmogs I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Those are im the game but dont require the eye afaik.
    Didn't know. Where are they?

- - - Updated - - -

that's the servant of nzoth title. you get it from killing people in warmode, becoming an assassin and getting a quest to kill 10 of your own faction without dying or dying to the buff
    requires no gift
    Thought it did, for I have yet to see it. Unless it is just a switch of the old title when you are flagged - if I read you correctly. Thought it was shown as actual kill 25 quests.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..