Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except these rumblings started even before the damned election in Virginia. And, Trump HAS PUSHED RESTRICTIONS. They went through, they exist.
    Which restrictions? He pushed for raising the age to purchase but backed off months later. He pushed for stronger background checks and mental illness checks (which I support on some level, does that make me a hypocrite?) and backed off months later. He has a history of saying shit and backing off. Lets face it though, he is a top Republican in the party so he isnt really going to do much to upset the base. The people who put him in office, so I dont know why you expect gun rights supporters to give him shit for something he wont go through with? Its a waste of energy and focus, especially when you actively have Democrats who have a history of supporting and writing bills to limit rights.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?
    Hillary Clinton: Well, that was Eric Holder.
    Kara Swisher: Eric Holder, oh, Eric Holder, sorry.
    Hillary Clinton: Yeah, I know they all look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Which restrictions? He pushed for raising the age to purchase but backed off months later. He pushed for stronger background checks and mental illness checks (which I support on some level, does that make me a hypocrite?) and backed off months later. He has a history of saying shit and backing off. Lets face it though, he is a top Republican in the party so he isnt really going to do much to upset the base. The people who put him in office, so I dont know why you expect gun rights supporters to give him shit for something he wont go through with? Its a waste of energy and focus, especially when you actively have Democrats who have a history of supporting and writing bills to limit rights.
    The only reason he has backed off, is because the crooked Russian puppet in the NRA told him to back off because the NRA dumbasses are his base.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...process-second

There is Trump, QUOTED, saying to take guns first, then give them due process. But right now, you have people like you, that are whining about these "red flag laws" where it takes a court order to take the guns, something Trump didn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Hmm asking if one law is more upsetting that outlaws a device that let your bypass the law against fully auto Machine guns, trying to compare it others laws that are new restrictions like clip limit and buyers limits and not just being put in place to close a loop hole in an existing law.. ya like they are comparing apples to bologna.
    There is a much wider support for Bump stock ban among gun rights supporters than there is for magazine sizes and purchase limits (yes, there are gun rights supporters who support those as well). I dont know what your point is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    The only reason he has backed off, is because the crooked Russian puppet in the NRA told him to back off because the NRA dumbasses are his base.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...process-second

There is Trump, QUOTED, saying to take guns first, then give them due process. But right now, you have people like you, that are whining about these "red flag laws" where it takes a court order to take the guns, something Trump didn't want.
    It doesnt matter who told him to back off, the whole point is that he has backed off. Why, because his base would be angered.
    Kara Swisher: What do you think about Cory Booker saying kick them in the shins?

So, how are you guys any different than the Democrats in Virginia, who say they support gun rights, but want "sensible" legislation?

Meanwhile, Trump has restricted gun rights more than Obama ever did as President...

So. Much. Hypocrisy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm asking if one law is more upsetting that outlaws a device that let your bypass the law against fully auto Machine guns, trying to compare it others laws that are new restrictions like clip limit and buyers limits and not just being put in place to close a loop hole in an existing law.. ya like they are comparing apples to bologna.
    I'm rather enjoying watching Trump supporters acting just like Virginia Democrats, saying they support gun rights, whilst calling for "sensible" legislation.

keep it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    yet he's not right
    Except, I am right. You guys didn't hold marches when Trump banned bump stocks, or called for extra-judicial gun confiscation.

Meanwhile, in Virginia, people were calling for armed fucking revolt months before the last election.

There is a much wider support for Bump stock ban among gun rights supporters than there is for magazine sizes and purchase limits (yes, there are gun rights supporters who support those as well). I dont know what your point is..
    I just think its dumb people (not you) are comparing the two things as the same ball Park, one new restrictions and the other is closing a loop hole in in existing laws. (Guessing they just like more rights taken away go figure).

*some have a past history of being anti-freedom....
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-01-22 at 04:23 PM.

I just think its dumb people (not you) are comparing the two things as the same ball Park, one new restrictions and the other is closing a loop hole in in existing laws. (Guessing they just like more rights taken away go figure).
    Oh, quite the opposite, that's the point. I'm not the one opposing gun rights, that would be the Trump supporters, and the Virginia Democrats.

So, how are you guys any different than the Democrats in Virginia, who say they support gun rights, but want "sensible" legislation?
    First, on the face of it, I dont have issue with the laws that were recently passed. One gun a month is a reasonable limit and background checks on private sales is a reasonable law. However, this doesnt stop the issue of gun violence. Anyone seeking to commit a crime who has no criminal history is not encumbered in their quest to obtain a firearm. Anyone seeking to commit a crime with a criminal history is slightly encumbered by virtue of the background check (in that they now have to find someone who is willing to sell it to them without the background check).

Again, I have no issues, so dont lump me in with those who marched. I didnt march.

Meanwhile, Trump has restricted gun rights more than Obama ever did as President...

So. Much. Hypocrisy.
    What restrictions have passed?

First, on the face of it, I dont have issue with the laws that were recently passed. One gun a month is a reasonable limit and background checks on private sales is a reasonable law. However, this doesnt stop the issue of gun violence. Anyone seeking to commit a crime who has no criminal history is not encumbered in their quest to obtain a firearm. Anyone seeking to commit a crime with a criminal history is slightly encumbered by virtue of the background check (in that they now have to find someone who is willing to sell it to them without the background check).

Again, I have no issues, so dont lump me in with those who marched. I didnt march.

What restrictions have passed?
    A lot of people marching in Richmond sure had a problem with it.

Trump's bump stock ban.

15+ Year Old Account

how the fuck is one gun a month reasonable? what in the fudd shit are you on?
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

A lot of people marching in Richmond sure had a problem with it.
    Yea so, and a lot didnt. They didnt make the news because they didnt speak out.

Trump's bump stock ban.
    Again, something alot of people were ok with.

how the fuck is one gun a month reasonable? what in the fudd shit are you on?
    How is it not reasonable?

Just my opinion if I go to a gun show and I see match pair of rifles or pistols I like, seems stupid I can't get both of them? *or if you're in an area with limited or no shops or no shows, it means you have limited chance to buy them, seems kinda dumb to possibly wait up to a year for a gun show to come back around if there is more than one gun you wanted.

15+ Year Old Account
    why should law abiding gun owners be restricted? there have been a few months where i've purchased 3 new guns
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Which is why I specifically spoke about those people marching, and why they refuse to be logically consistent.

You asked what Trump had passed, I gladly let you know. Meanwhile, in Virginia, has anything actually passed, yet? Nope, they are still being voted upon.

- - - Updated - - -

why should law abiding gun owners be restricted? there have been a few months where i've purchased 3 new guns
    You mean like restricting bump stocks?

Well, this just got awkward.

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean like restricting bump stocks?

Well, this just got awkward.
    are you just blatantly ignorant or stupid? i already said i dont support trump doing that i dont support him letting the atf run unchecked and illegally (by their own admission) banning and accessory
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-01-23 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming
    Get your shit together

are you just blatantly ignorant or stupid? i already said i dont support trump doing that i dont support him letting the atf run unchecked and illegally (by their own admission) banning and accessory
    Why should law abiding gun owners be restricted?

It''s a shame all those Trump supporters cannot be consistent. I'm surprised all the marchers didn't have a rally, like in Virginia. Did you go to Virginia?

For the record, I went through your post history, and not once did you condemn Trump's bump stock ban when it happened. Now, you were very active in the gun-control thread, and never once condemned it.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-01-22 at 05:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why should law abiding gun owners be restricted?

It''s a shame all those Trump supporters cannot be consistent. I'm surprised all the marchers didn't have a rally, like in Virginia. Did you go to Virginia?

For the record, I went through your post history, and not once did you condemn Trump's bump stock ban when it happened. Now, you were very active in the gun-control thread, and never once condemned it.
    so because i wasn't posting on here means i didnt condemn it i've heard some idiotic logic before but that takes the cake. i dont live on these forums like you
    Get your shit together

so because i wasn't posting on here means i didnt condemn it i've heard some idiotic logic before but that takes the cake. i dont live on these forums like you
    Except, you were posting on here, that's the point. You literally posted the day before it, long after he had announced his intention to ban them.

And crickets.

Meanwhile, you still falsely try and claim he's a Democrat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except, you were posting on here, that's the point. You literally posted the day before it, long after he had announced his intention to ban them.

And crickets.

Meanwhile, you still falsely try and claim he's a Democrat.
    it's not false like i said before that R next to his name doesnt mean shit a leopard cant change its spots he was a democrat his entire life and still is
    Get your shit together

it's not false like i said before that R next to his name doesnt mean shit a leopard cant change its spots he was a democrat his entire life and still is
    Prove it.

meanwhile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi...f_Donald_Trump

"Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time has changed his party affiliation five times. In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic. In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.[3]"

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/sites/.../trump1987.jpg

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/sites/.../trump1999.jpg

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/sites/.../trump2001.jpg

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/sites/.../trump2009.jpg

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/sites/.../trump2011.jpg

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/sites/...yswitchrep.jpg

Are you done being wrong?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-01-22 at 06:03 PM.

Which is why I specifically spoke about those people marching, and why they refuse to be logically consistent.

You asked what Trump had passed, I gladly let you know. Meanwhile, in Virginia, has anything actually passed, yet? Nope, they are still being voted upon.
    And I stated multiple times already, the bump stock ban wasnt important. So why you keep bringing it up as evidence as some type of hypocrisy is beyond me, other than the fact that you seem to lord some "Gotcha" over gun rights supporters. You can be against some laws and for others and still be "logically consistent".

Just my opinion if I go to a gun show and I see match pair of rifles or pistols I like, seems stupid I can't get both of them? *or if you're in an area with limited or no shops or no shows, it means you have limited chance to buy them, seems kinda dumb to possibly wait up to a year for a gun show to come back around if there is more than one gun you wanted.
    That is something I never thought of, interesting. Thanks for the explanation.