Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horrific vision as caster

I dont know why I have trouble on mage in todays SW vision, but those guards just wrecked me today on my only try.
    Trash also isnt going very great, face tanking isnt very effective.
    On enha shaman, it really goes smooth, both bosses and trash.
    How is it going for you playing caster?

I lost 2 vessels today on my warlock.

1st the guards were out of sync and i practically got chain stunned most of the way 100-0
    2nd killed guards but i went to a side area and the effect that makes your character jump bounced me into extra packs while i was fighting an elite.

I find it so stupid that you unable to use Soul Stone or Ankh in Visions. I understand if you die to insanity you can't ress, but in a solo run you should benefit from all your chars spells, even combat ress. Just make it so it only work when you in a solo Vision. I literally have it so much easier on my 420 DH than i have on my 445 lock, especially when they gimp your class and make you unable to use certain spells.

Yep. Wasted a vessel on first run in Dwarven District on my Mage because of those damn annoying fire puddles. And Alleria's guards took WAY too long compared to Thrall's last week.

Yeah I had a horrific experience on my Mage in SW vision. Melee chars went terrific tho.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I lost 2 vessels today on my warlock.

1st the guards were out of sync and i practically got chain stunned most of the way 100-0
    2nd killed guards but i went to a side area and the effect that makes your character jump bounced me into extra packs while i was fighting an elite.
    That effect is cancer. I beat the quest for the week, I'm going to hold on to my visions for next week when we switch back to Orgrimmar. Although I still need to do it with my DK and my DK got chain stunned and died as well. So I unfortunately need to venture back in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Yeah I had a horrific experience on my Mage in SW vision. Melee chars went terrific tho.
    My arcane mage hasn't got a chance - sanity is fine, health is gone in seconds.
    My balance druid does reasonably ok - survive long enough to at least get better at it.

PS: The daily quests now reward a lot more of the currency needed ... so it looks like they want us to be able to do more visions and have the cape level cap being the limiting factor.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

447 ilev balance druid. First try I've done alleria + dwarven, killed first boss in trade but realized i have to go back to alleria to be able to finish because i've done too many mistakes.

Second run I managed to do both additional districts and alleria.

What I did was CC one guard and burst the other one, its too damn hard to try to do them both at the same time as a caster. That fire affix is a bitch, indeed. What I did most of the time was just spam sunfire / moonfire (with azerite to hit additional target) and just run around. Standing in place for a cast can go really wrong. I also skipped the 10% dmg buff in dwarven district because its a trap right now and the mines are too inconsistent. I also wasted too much time there on first try, probably why i didnt manage to clear both districts.

The tentacles are the worst imo, they disappear too fast and its impossible to cast more than 3 spells on them.

The bosses (even alleria with 2 bonus) are definitely the easier part.

Just remember. Trash is CCable. You a mage? Sheep one guard.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2020-01-22 at 04:31 PM.

It’s great as an ele shaman. Earth elemental is the best ability ever

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    PS: The daily quests now reward a lot more of the currency needed ... so it looks like they want us to be able to do more visions and have the cape level cap being the limiting factor.
    This! The dailies are worth doing now. 250 visions x 8 dailies (4 uldum 4 vale) = 2k visions daily. You get a vessel every 5 days. It's A LOT better now.

I did my 2 visions today ony 420 lock with no problem. I always kill the guards before ale at start always. Did trade district plus Aleria.the fire afix is annoying but nothing really dangerous. It seems like classes without pet or aoe are really struggling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fire mage here.

SW vision took more effort than Orgrimmar. But I haven't really gotten trouble with my HP, it's just that my sanity drains faster han in the Org vision. Was only able to clear 1 additional boss besides Alleria
    Also, I didn't even realize there was a portal at the end of the corrupted zones
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

On warlock 455ish gear with r3 essences 75 neck it takes longer, is way less fun and very tedious compared to dh alt 435 with r1 essences and 67 neck.

I basically feel like in m+, only raids keep me from rerolling to a dh/rogue at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Yep. Wasted a vessel on first run in Dwarven District on my Mage because of those damn annoying fire puddles. And Alleria's guards took WAY too long compared to Thrall's last week.
    It’s because they do this big damage reduction shield for 10s - if you single target them instead of trying to burn both, when one pops the shield you can switch, then switch back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Druid ftw View Post
    On warlock 455ish gear with r3 essences 75 neck it takes longer, is way less fun and very tedious compared to dh alt 435 with r1 essences and 67 neck.

I basically feel like in m+, only raids keep me from rerolling to a dh/rogue at this point.
    As a former lock main... honestly just reroll anyway. DH and Rogue are strong in raids too, and if lock’s prospects are better in Shadowlands you can start fresh

(Although I went doomkin for raids because I love healing in M+)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Fire mage here.

SW vision took more effort than Orgrimmar. But I haven't really gotten trouble with my HP, it's just that my sanity drains faster han in the Org vision. Was only able to clear 1 additional boss besides Alleria
    Also, I didn't even realize there was a portal at the end of the corrupted zones
    Wait there is? Omg that’s useful
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Overall melee seem to have it much easier, though I was finding Alleria herself to be better on a ranged character. Only done hunter for ranged so far though, so I don't know if other casters w/o pets simply outrange her darkened skies or if it's just because of my pet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    It’s great as an ele shaman. Earth elemental is the best ability ever

Earth Ele on Enhance, however...is still great but doesn't work well on some bosses. Therum Deepforge needs to be moved around for melee, and Alleria too if you've killed Therum. I popped my Earth Ele on her on one of my runs and spent a good chunk of its uptime waiting it out because she was in the middle of fire. Alleria has to be pillar humped by melee toons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    I've been CCing one on all of my toons that I can; makes those guards (outside the cathedral I assume) so much easier.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

5+ Year Old Account
    My 445 mage got insta stomped by Thrall. There's simply nothing you can do, short of bursting him down - you cannot slow him, so byebye kiting, not to mention that you have almost no room to do so.

On the other hand, my 430 fury warr wrecked him. GG Blizzard, you rock at balancing stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

Should have been like this from the start and imo should be even easier to buy in.

Cap is the progress limit that stops the hard core suicidal lot from burning there brains out grinding ranks.

But easier entry means it's more alt friendly, more catch up friendly and it encourages people to push them selves as there's less punishment to failing.

This week should be better, I'm gonna get at least 3 goes and only need 2 ranks for cap so 1 go is free to push my self. But last week the risk v reward just wasn't there to warrent really pushing much

As a warlock - big time. I see the helper vids of rogues or demon hunters just utterly melting the goddamn place and I find myself losing sanity much faster. With higher gear it shouldn't be a huge problem but right now we're kinda struggling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having no problem at all, did you upgrade your visions skill tree?

Pure cancer. Blizztards still can't design shit, therefore World of Meleecraft continues.