Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Pretty sure you can't do that. There'll be some technicality that states you can't bring too many people back from the dead or you end up disrupting the balance too much, and that will be why people can't spam that ability to bring everyone and their dog back from the afterlife.
    This means that we will have warchief trying to break balance.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Return NO ONE. Anyone who is dead is dead. PLEASE! The only exceptions are magic "immortal" beings like Ysera. I don't care how Blizzard does it, but they need to give the dragons back their power somehow. Was probably the worst deliberate decision they ever made lore-wise. Really destroyed a lot of the magic of the franchise with the dragons being irrelevant.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-22 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Kael'thas? YES
    Staghelm? no
    Arthas? YES
    Ysera? yes
    Neltharion? no
    Malygos? YES
    Krasus? no

Quel'thalas elves slaughtered in WC3? no, it would belittle that event. Kael'thas is enough.
    Night elves slaughtered in WC3 and WoT? No.
    Farondis highborne? No.
    Lordaeron humans? No, they're Forsaken.
    Gnomes? Meh.
    Arathor humans? No.
    Amani Trolls? Uh, only Zul'jin.

Really, I just want important figures like Arthas, Kael'thas, Zul'jin, Malygos, and Ysera back.

- - - Updated - - -

But... the new characters suck!

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good burn. lol
    The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the dead from WC3 onwards + Farondis returning - And how interesting it would make things. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, but it certainly makes for interesting lore and characters they could use and redefine. Repent Kael'thas, Arthas, Malygos, Nelthairon and Staghelm could be quite entertaining.. I feel at least Kael'thas, Malygos and Staghelm were sacrificed to create raid bosses.

As for the peoples.. this actually makes it worthwhile, that's the most fun part. How the politics of Northern Easter Kingdoms and the Broken Isles would change and the interesting things you could do with Suramar, Quel'thalas and Lordaeron in such eventualities.

Question is do you blanket restore everyone who died, of just target specific events and battles, of those who were killed. undead who die return to their original life state. Could target specific bad events, like Scourge invasion of Quel'thalas, Legion invasion, Cataclysm deaths, Farondis deaths (reward from Elune).

- - - Updated - - -

At least this way things can change drastically without needing to necessarily revamp the world to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the dead from WC3 onwards + Farondis returning - And how interesting it would make things. It doesn't affect gameplay at all, but it certainly makes for interesting lore and characters they could use and redefine. Repent Kael'thas, Arthas, Malygos, Nelthairon and Staghelm could be quite entertaining.. I feel at least Kael'thas, Malygos and Staghelm were sacrificed to create raid bosses.

As for the peoples.. this actually makes it worthwhile, that's the most fun part. How the politics of Northern Easter Kingdoms and the Broken Isles would change and the interesting things you could do with Suramar, Quel'thalas and Lordaeron in such eventualities.

Question is do you blanket restore everyone who died, of just target specific events and battles, of those who were killed. undead who die return to their original life state. Could target specific bad events, like Scourge invasion of Quel'thalas, Legion invasion, Cataclysm deaths, Farondis deaths (reward from Elune).
    I think every resurrection demands a good story to back it up. Kael'thas appears to be getting his, but unless it ends with him actually coming back, I don't see the point of redeeming him in death and keeping him dead (which is the point of this thread, who we want back among the living, right?) Ysera's resurrection could be taken care of in a quest line, much like her death was dealt with. By virtue of being a green dragon and her connection to The Dream, it shouldn't be difficult a resurrection to pull off without lore try hard screeching. Malygos' resurrection could be a little tricky. He went mad all on his own, more or less, with no corruption, but I'd still like to have him back just because the Dragonflights are in a sad state, and Kalecgos just... sucks. Arthas' resurrection would be the most compelling and require the most work. It's not rocket science, I'd focus more on deep regret, and even pinpointing all the hints that "his soul was the first taken" and that yes, while he had bad qualities, he's not 100% rotten, otherwise why show us things like he held onto Jaina's keepsake, and supposedly he alone kept The Scourge from running rampant over Azeroth?

This is what the lore in WoW needs. Even less consequences for anything. Lets now undo everything that has happen. Death is already only a minor inconvenience for anyone but the lowest NPC, but let's dilute that even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Because Blizzard is awesome and improving the story of characters when they rehash them. Please no. I don't even want to know what the current writers would do with these characters. But i guess there are really people out there who like these horridly flawed and idiotic moral lessons the story consists of today.
    Couldn't agree more, after the disaster that "Mist of Pandaria, Again" was.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    It is an opportunity, something out of the ordinary is happening in Shadowlands, so for a little while the usaul order of things is going to be disrupted, no one can usually comeback from teh dead, but the living can't enter the realm of the dead either. So the shadowlands expansion can provide a once only ever opportunity to return some major characters and even re-populate some heavily depleted peoples.

Taking it further it could accelerate the recovery of the Azertoh nations and peoples - Yes this is not usual, but it is an opportunity they could take. So .. who would you bring?

Kael'thas?
    Staghelm?
    Arthas?
    Ysera?
    Neltharion?
    Malygos?
    Krasus?
    Quel'thalas elves slaughtered in WC3?
    Night elves slaughtered in WC3 and WoT?
    Farondis highborne?
    Lordaeron humans?
    Gnomes?
    Arathor humans?
    Amani Trolls?

Obviously I chose a lot of elven peoples, becasue since WC3, they've been the main races to suffer genocide and need re-populating. I'm sure you can think of loads more.
    You forgot the Dragonflights .. if all the dragons that died between that time frame came back also ^^ . Azeroth would have a party !!

3 words:

King Varian Wrynn

/thread

3+ Year Old Account
    The blue human people as new allied race, intro song Eiffel 65 - i`m blue

They made WoD as an opportunity to use dead characters with existing lore that players weren't necessarily familiar with, so I'm sure we'll have plenty of book/Warcraft 1-3 characters in SL.

As for resurrecting them to justify future expansions, I'm not sure they'll want to repeat exactly what they did with Gul'dan this soon, but if they do, I hope they focus on characters that we haven't seen in WoW, rather than just bringing Garrosh or Arthas back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not only I don't want to see any dead character back, death means ridiculously little in WoW already - but I'd also add a few names to the pile: Anduin, Sylvanas, Malfurion and Baine, for instance.

If (lorewise) most of the adventurers actually die for good in the Shadowlands, and the few who actually return are no longer anything like their previous selves, it could open many an interesting narrative for 10.0.

For example, our toons could be doing the Jailor's bidding back in Azeroth, after they had kindly taken the screeching lady off his back. Not that she intended to do anything different, but our PCs, being the dumbasses that they are, fought against cancer forgetting that Ebola can also be a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Not only I don't want to see any dead character back, death means ridiculously little in WoW already - but I'd also add a few names to the pile: Anduin, Sylvanas, Malfurion and Baine, for instance.

If (lorewise) most of the adventurers actually die for good in the Shadowlands, and the few who actually return are no longer anything like their previous selves, it could open many an interesting narrative for 10.0.

For example, our toons could be doing the Jailor's bidding back in Azeroth, after they had kindly taken the screeching lady off his back. Not that she intended to do anything different, but our PCs, being the dumbasses that they are, fought against cancer forgetting that Ebola can also be a thing.
    Usually I'd agree with you, but, I think it could use a soft restart like this. Shadowlands does provide the lore opportunity, but i'm not sure the rest of blizzard want to do that with wow.

Bring back anyone you want to see completely ruined by Danuser and pals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Bring back anyone you want to see completely ruined by Danuser and pals.
    This is why people should be careful what they ask for...

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Pretty sure Blizz will use this to tie in the next villain coming back from the dead and we'll fight em in the real world to send them back. I don't know who, could even be someone new.
    Return of the Lich King inc

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    This is why people should be careful what they ask for...
    Can't you just see Arthas the Redeemed, devout follower of Anduinism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

3+ Year Old Account
    One of my first thoughts about the Shadowlands reveal was that they were going to use it to bring back the Night Elves that were turned into Crispy Critters, which is little more than weak-writing and a pretty massive cop-out.

My personal dislike of the Night Elves and their stupid leaders and the godawful voice acting of those two, the Night Elves should remain DEAD. The Nelfs are now a decimated people that are lost, shocked, trapped in grief, and wondering how they can possibly rebuild. That can be a great story for a race that had played fourth fiddle for a decade now.

To just magic them all back to life somehow during or at the end of Shadowlands makes their genocide completely pointless and ridiculous, and I hope that Blizzard doesn’t take such an idiotic route.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Return of the Lich King inc
    No thanks. Arthas has been one of the (if not THE) most iconic and unapologetic villain of WoW, I don't want him to be turned into one another !@#$ing walking morality lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Hopefully not, characters deaths are meaningless enough with every cosmic power being capable of some variant of necromancy and AUs being a thing.

Getting mentally prepared for Death Knight Arthas to steal the jailer's crown and escape into AU Lordaeron before the alliance decided to put the orcs on internment camps.