Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Nice. I enjoyed the first season. Hopefully the second is just as good, if not, better.

I liked the first season of this until the villain was revealed, which was pretty predictable.

Also, the female detective.....yowza. I guess she's going away in season 2 if Joel Kinnamon's consciousness is being returned to his body and they're just gonna live happily ever after? IDK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dichen Lachman must absolutely be back or else bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Dichen Lachman must absolutely be back or else bust.
    She was like..........the worst villain ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    She was like..........the hottest villain ever.
    Corrected.

Can't stand Joel Kinnmans acting.. As a swede i've seen him in countless swedish series and he plays the same role as he always do. Lame acting

I was really into the series for the first 4 or 5 episodes, but holy shit does the writing get really fucking cringey towards the end. I couldn't take it anymore after 7,5 episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Corrected.
    Just saying, martha higareda >>>> Lachman.

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    Can't stand Joel Kinnmans acting.. As a swede i've seen him in countless swedish series and he plays the same role as he always do. Lame acting
    He was kinda the weak link in the series. Thankfully, his time on the show is done and Anthony Mackie is taking over the lead. God bless re-sleeving! You can change actors at any time and it's not a problem, in universe!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Just saying, martha higareda >>>> Lachman.
    Not a chance, Martha's face looks like she changed gender from man >>>> woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anything about the books, but I was hoping to see more of Will Yun Lee that played stronghold Kovacs. His acting was just good imo and had more emotion. Don't know how it could be done but it's the future. Maybe a cloned body or what not that his sister had.

any news on 2nd season, i read it costed too much and not enough viewers, but still hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by Perune View Post
    any news on 2nd season, i read it costed too much and not enough viewers, but still hopeful
    Did you not read the link where they just cast Antony Mackie for Kovacs.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

nope, must have missed it, good news

Season 2 has a release date of the 27/02/20.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooh nice. Was worried it'd gone a bit silent. Given how cancel happy Netflix have been recently, I feared the worst.

But now, we have a release date!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

yay cant wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooh nice. Was worried it'd gone a bit silent. Given how cancel happy Netflix have been recently, I feared the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    yay cant wait
    Reminder that Season 2 is likely to have an almost entirely new cast, even Kovacs as the main character, if they're following the books. This is where you'll really start to notice the re-sleeving.

Not being critical either, I'm just pre-empting a "why did they recast all the characters?" spiel. It's got nothing to do with how well/poorly last season went, it's just a consequence of being re-sleeved into a new body on a new planet, the core conceit of the setting.

It may also undergo a pretty hard genre shift. I haven't read the Takeshi Novacs books in a while, but I recall there being a really serious dynamic shift between books at some point (again, not in a bad way at all).

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, at the same time the Matrix movies are being pulled from the library, I'll be rewatching them to fill in the wait.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Yea Netflix just has a (IMO) sucky habit of taking 1 1/2-2 years for a lot of their 'new' seasons on shows. Seems to be more their 'norm' now, rather than an exception. Something I noticed in most of the shows I enjoy from them in the last 3+ years - each new season taking almost two years to come out.

That coupled with their trend of only giving popular shows 2-3 seasons before yanking them for zippo reasons (or, if you're really lucky you get FIVE whole seasons!) has me more and more convinced to never be paying for that service, long term, again.

More and more reason to only pay for Netflix for 2-3 months every few years - just enough time to catch up on the new seasons of new shows that come out and then cancel again and wait another few years before handing them more money.

~~
    Hubby and I are greatly looking forward to (FINALLY) getting season three of AC! I actually enjoyed season 2 but do agree it wasn't the better of the two seasons.

And while I certainly get the appropriateness and 'in universe' canon of resleeving main characters- I am curious to see if the American Populace will adapt (or whatever small subsection is still into the show...lol). It can certainly work - or it can certainly just cause a disconnect and backfire on the show and turn people off who don't want to give time for their brains to adjust. (Cuz Human Brain Hate Change grrr...)
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-01-22 at 06:36 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    And while I certainly get the appropriateness and 'in universe' canon of resleeving main characters- I am curious to see if the American Populace will adapt (or whatever small subsection is still into the show...lol). It can certainly work - or it can certainly just cause a disconnect and backfire on the show and turn people off who don't want to give time for their brains to adjust. (Cuz Human Brain Hate Change grrr...)
    That's more or less what I was getting at. It works great in the written form, because "Kovacs" is "Kovacs", and you have to remind yourself that he looks different. In a visual medium like TV, you see the appearance first, so you've got to somehow internalize that Anthony Mackie is Joel Kinnaman, since both play Kovacs. And also, neither are Original Kovacs, who we also saw in S1.