Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warlocks suffer from a lot of things in t1 .. no dots, no hit, high threat.

Blizz is racist against hunters and pretty much every buff to AP is melee only. Really feel like if it applied to RAP, hunters would be much more competitive.

Also if ferals/spriests/chickens are anywhere near the top half of your dps, I'd recommend doing a deep dive on your raid logs and figuring out what's wrong with the other dps.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Blizz is racist against hunters and pretty much every buff to AP is melee only. Really feel like if it applied to RAP, hunters would be much more competitive.

Also if ferals/spriests/chickens are anywhere near the top half of your dps, I'd recommend doing a deep dive on your raid logs and figuring out what's wrong with the other dps.
    If your ferals are nowhere near the top half of your DPS, I’d recommend getting better ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    When the stars align, our Feral druid is one of our best DPS. He was second on the meters against Ragnaros on one of our kills, behind the Fury Warrior by a margin, but ahead of everyone else. It was pretty impressive.
    behind THE fury warrior? i think someone needs to do something about your raid comp

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors not top.

Changed it to 95% and Warriors are indeed top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    All 11 million people that play classic.
    LOL!!!

You have atleast a 1 too many.. No more than 1 million, if you include alts, play Classic.

And my numbers are more correct than yours, because I also made them up, and I'm better at making stuff up than you.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    11 Million? I am always curious where people find these numbers YEARS after Blizz stopped making them public.
    A handfull of high pop servers multiplied with people that cant stand min-maxing and number crunching and you get 11 Million, 25 Million or 100k as the estimate.

I was close to spilling my coffee when I saw the parse topic in the classic subforum and just totally lost it with the 11 Million posting.

This is pure comedy.
    -

Racist? Against hunters? Racist? Do you even know what that word means?

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    Racist? Against hunters? Racist? Do you even know what that word means?
    Yes. But hopefully you can get past the literal definition and understand the point I was trying to make in a joking way.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    behind THE fury warrior? i think someone needs to do something about your raid comp
    It's all about the buffs you can get. A well buffed feral can outdps a medicore buffed fury warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    It's all about the buffs you can get. A well buffed feral can outdps a medicore buffed fury warrior.
    Oh my god that twisted logic. First off, no, dont oversimplify the issue, this just isnt accurate. And secondly, just buff the Fury warrior and destroy the feral. This is EXACTLY the same logic as the clowns pre launch saying Ret would be highly competitive, because of some video of a fully buffed and meme specd ret in BIS gear doing more damage than some fresh 60 in greens with no buffs.

Compare like for like, or dont compare at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. But hopefully you can get past the literal definition and understand the point I was trying to make in a joking way.
    You think racism is something to laugh and joke about? Or am i missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how are shadow priests doing on the shorter figths?
    Remember as we progress through longer fights Spriests will fall off even faster due to more strict debuff priority and mana restrictions as bosses have more health, mechanics and longer fights.

As for hunters being higher in the rankings it is not surprising at all, they are a physical class that gets an early weapon all but guaranteed. Their issue is they have terrible scaling and fall off hard after BWL.
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2020-01-22 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    With a modicum of effort you can get a 95% parse easily, go try it. There are plenty of, for instance, Hunters who do nothing but autoshot in MC, or don't use a shot timer, etc. The same goes for any class.

It's vastly easier to get a 95% parse over anything lower than it is to get a 96% parse over a 95% one. There's only so optimally that you can prep yourself and perform in Classic, and the top parses are all very close together so it mostly comes down to luck for 95%+.

- - - Updated - - -

Which takes into account a ton of people that do MC with no world buffs, songflowers, DM buffs, etc. It also takes into account fresh 60's with no gear who obviously can't compete (of which there are a ton) and just happen to get into a MC PUG or are invited along on a guild run, fresh alts, etc. Not to mention taking into account parses by people who AFK on bosses, zone out and don't try for whatever reason, die early, or get hosed by stuff like getting multiple Baron bombs.

The point being that the difference between hitting 95% parses routinely and hitting 75% parses routinely comes down to some very simple things most of the time: swing/shot timers, gear, and buffs/consumes. None of these three things require any real increase in skill, just prep and time invested.

You get gear just by raiding so there's no actual improvement in gameplay to be made. You can download a swing/shot timer and immediately see an increase in DPS by not clipping AA's. You can see a massive increase in DPS by doing buff prep pre-raid. Just because most people don't do them doesn't mean that these aren't easy things to do.

Then there's also the point that most decently geared raid groups are now doing high parse strats that aren't hard to perform but are only possible with a certain amount of raid gear.
    That's a pretty big word salad to say that "if you meet all of these conditions, then I am right".

It is not easy at all to meet all of your conditions. In fact, 94% of the population cannot meet your conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That's a pretty big word salad to say that "if you meet all of these conditions, then I am right".

It is not easy at all to meet all of your conditions. In fact, 94% of the population cannot meet your conditions.
    Just because 94% don't do them doesn't mean that it's hard to do so. I said it's not hard to get a 95% parse, and that is true. It's not hard.

You can't use people not bothering to do easy prep work as a metric of difficulty. This is especially true considering that the easy prep work is also completely unnecessary to actually beat the content. Parsing high isn't hard, it's just that the vast majority of people don't care to even try to do it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Just because 94% don't do them doesn't mean that it's hard to do so. I said it's not hard to get a 95% parse, and that is true. It's not hard.

You can't use people not bothering to do easy prep work as a metric of difficulty. This is especially true considering that the easy prep work is also completely unnecessary to actually beat the content. Parsing high isn't hard, it's just that the vast majority of people don't care to even try to do it.
    And you cant apply your personal standard of what difficulty is to everyone in the sample. Thats not how this works. You sound like that lady saying "why dont homeless people just buy a house, DUUUR"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And you cant apply your personal standard of what difficulty is to everyone in the sample. Thats not how this works. You sound like that lady saying "why dont homeless people just buy a house, DUUUR"
    Okay, are you really trying to argue that being in SW when the Ony buff drops is actually a difficult task to perform mechanically?
    Or that people are really impeded by the skill-floor required to find a Corrupted Songflower in Felwood?

No. These tasks are not hard. They are a nuisance, they are annoying, and most people don't care about them. But that doesn't make them hard. And yet they are the major component required for high parses.

The metric by which high parses are separated from low parses is one of preparation and time investment, not difficulty.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2020-01-22 at 09:11 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Snip
    The only thing I find surprising is the way you list values of High-Low like a psychopath. If dps is between 220 and 168 it would be shown as 168-220, your way is the equivalent of eating a burrito starting in the middle.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you phrase it like Blizzard discriminates against hunters and not use a term that in no stretch could ever apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Caperfin View Post
    that wasnt my point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    For the record, I understood your joke.

There's just a lot of overlooked details in Vanilla/Classic. Like Feral not benefiting from weapon dps or procs, causing a BiS be a lvl 38 blue. Just a lot of dumb stuff here an there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    For the record, I understood your joke.

There's just a lot of overlooked details in Vanilla/Classic. Like Feral not benefiting from weapon dps or procs, causing a BiS be a lvl 38 blue. Just a lot of dumb stuff here an there.
    Overlooked in what way?