Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WraithKingOstarion View Post
    do you think the waves of hate and disdain (like what was seen when this first happened) is going to return?
    I mean, Blizzard could literally solve world hunger, give us cancer medicine, give everyone a year of free WoW, deposit a few millions of dollars into our bank accounts, and the way people have been going for the past few years, they would STILL find ways to hate Blizzard for something. So I find your question kind of redundant.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

What is an Ythisen?

Typical business practice. Fire a veteran, hire a novice who's not only star struck and naive but will be paid less, offered less and then when they climb the later, you do it again and repeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    I mean, Blizzard could literally solve world hunger, give us cancer medicine, give everyone a year of free WoW, deposit a few millions of dollars into our bank accounts, and the way people have been going for the past few years, they would STILL find ways to hate Blizzard for something. So I find your question kind of redundant.
    You know you've run out defenses when the argument turns to what you just posted. Give it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Blizzard has one of the smallest tax rates ( near 0%) of all companies. They are not solving world hunger. All they do is a charitable event at the end of the year that the customers pay for to reduce their taxable income. Then they layoff 800 employees, dont pay out bonuses, and pay below market salaries. Blizzard deserves all the scorn they get.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-22 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    You know you've run out defenses when the argument turns to what you just posted. Give it up.
    Wasn't really arguing, more like making fun of the constant complaints
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Oh hi I don't understand anything being said, and I just like you don't know the reason behind him being fired. So I guess I'll stop thinking and jump on your Blizzard hate bandwagon because that makes me cool!

Or just let them hire someone to fill an empty slot after they let an employee go.
    There is no hate bandwagon, people dislike what they're doing with perfectly justified reasons. The only bandwagon here is the one where people, like yourself, think Blizzard is doing nothing wrong and the game is perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Why? Because they need to go out of their countries etc to work with them? (legit curious, not asking in a bad manner)
    P.s.- I also wanted once to work for them, since i'm a programmer and i grew up with them, but then i saw i had to go to other countries if i wanted that, and i dropped it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, OP i didn't know Ythisens were fired, but i don't think the guy is bad as people are saying. I used to be on secret finding all the time, he used to be there with us and he would sometimes talk with the community and ye he sometime memed but he was a nice guy. He was very carin actually sometimes, he would speak to us, and even made us being trolled by the "waist of time" secret. I can say he was a community manager not only on blizzard forums, but even on discord - secret finding he was serving blizzard. Anyway....

I just noticed today because of your post and now the video of bellular (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYuaRhdNGCI) that he got fired. I'm in shock, when was this? I really didn't know.

(Nevermind i found out when, so maybe he wasn't working for blizzard anymore when he was on secret finding? cause waist of time was at aug 2019 - he was fired at feb 2019 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgYR3EJeRpg)
    West coast is pretty crappy, probably. You need very high salary to live near work.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/orRXbfwa

now i am well aware that this is business as usual for a lot of corporate businesses, as one tactic is to let go of current staff and hire somebody newer with less experience/qualifications so you can pay them less than the staff you just let go

i'm not whining about it, but find it funny though given the amount of criticism that went Activision-Blizzard's way when the firings first happened. has enough time passed for this to kind of fly under the radar for Blizzard? or do you think the waves of hate and disdain (like what was seen when this first happened) is going to return?
    Could've sworn Ythisen resigned...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    What is an Ythisen?
    Former community manager (forum moderator, a job that is often unpaid) who was known for name-calling and using his position to get raid carries. But was well liked by the more toxic parts of the community, as they also like name-calling and being carried in raids.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey maybe it means they realized they need community outreach for Shadowlands Beta to ensure they fix the game this time.

Or, y'know, they just want cheaper CMs.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    West coast is pretty crappy, probably. You need very high salary to live near work.
    I guess... People said to go California but it's easier said than done... :/ changing countries is already a big deal, there would be really hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlin View Post
    Incorrect. I don't think calling people out for bull crap and lies is the same as calling an entire raid retards when they fail at the chosen (which i already had and was helping him obtain). That was the worst thing he said that night but he was pretty toxic through the whole thing. This was especially irritating when he was one of the first to fail. but sure he was a great guy.

Also, as much as his white knights like to pretend he was always right he was wrong quite a bit with his snarky replies. Sometimes it was warranted but there are much better ways to express yourself than the way he did. Especially when you are representative of a company. He'd always retort with "i'm not in customer service so it's ok for me to be a jackass"
    Source: "Just trust me, bro."
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

On this thread, Capitalism!

Lets be serious now, laying off experienced people to recruit and train new people happens everywhere, all the time. Saw it happen quite a few times by now on my life, thank the Titans was never affected by it.

10+ Year Old Account

now i am well aware that this is business as usual for a lot of corporate businesses, as one tactic is to let go of current staff and hire somebody newer with less experience/qualifications so you can pay them less than the staff you just let go

i'm not whining about it, but find it funny though given the amount of criticism that went Activision-Blizzard's way when the firings first happened. has enough time passed for this to kind of fly under the radar for Blizzard? or do you think the waves of hate and disdain (like what was seen when this first happened) is going to return?
    But you are. You literally created a topic to whine about it.

I'm sure, however, that you did so to be a champion against the unjust, a defender of the jobless, and not to stoke anger/rage against Blizz.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlin View Post
    He's also toxic in game and on the forums. Very unprofessional and arrogant. He deserved to be let go doesn't matter how they did it.
    No no no

Bornak is the toxic waste

Ythis would have a conversation

His replacement tells you that you are wrong and stupid

- - - Updated - - -

You have 50 CMs. You only need 40 CMs. You lay off 10 CMs.

1 year later, 2 of the 40 CMs quit, you now have 2 job openings for CMs. The 10 laid off CMs might even be on the top of your list to hire.

What is complicated here?

- - - Updated - - -

Unfit for customer service industry.
    That’s essentially what lay offs are for anyway
    Plus the company may have realized they fired too many people

As for customer service
    The customer is an ass sometimes and needs to be corrected in the scenario

An example was ghost crawler back in MoP early days where a guild complained about stone guards 10 man being undo able because of the low drop rate of lfr gear

GC said it was more than likely mechanical issues and player error so the solution is better tactics

The guild said that it was not tactics because they are good and it can only be the gear because they overtuned the boss

GC has a final response.
    The boss was killed before lfr so it is a player issue. You need to get better

This is not exact but it is the gist

- - - Updated - - -

Former community manager (forum moderator, a job that is often unpaid) who was known for name-calling and using his position to get raid carries. But was well liked by the more toxic parts of the community, as they also like name-calling and being carried in raids.
    He was also hated by the lfr community and people who would try and call out guilds by lying about ninja looting

Players that complained about content they never touched were also not fans

10+ Year Old Account

The thing that you don't know is the size of the entire staff for that job category and whether or not they're expanding it again or are filling positions where people that were left after the layoff have either left to go somewhere else, been fired for one reason or another, or moved to another department.

Simple example: A department has 10 job positions. Due to business concerns the department is reduced to 8 and two people are laid off. Several months after that someone grabs another better-paying position in another department and another leaves the company (for whatever reason). That leaves 6 people. The company puts up a job posting for hiring two more to replace the two that left bringing the department back to 8 again.

Someone that has no clue how business works makes a forum thread to express their wonderment that they have a job posting. And here we are.

See how easy that was.

CM staff is larger than just the people who post on forums. How do people assume that no one has left or moved somewhere else in a year and now they have a seat to fill?

And I'm sorry but given that, there is absolutely no reason to make a thread like this except to gin up some outrage.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-01-22 at 10:47 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    Living costs

Rent: the average cost to rent a 1-bedroom apartment in the area is around $1,690 and $2,080 for a 2-bedroom. These rates make Irvine and the Santa Ana area the 12th priciest place to live in the U.S. Transportation: monthly transit passes will cost around $75 on average.Jul 17, 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Why? Because they need to go out of their countries etc to work with them? (legit curious, not asking in a bad manner)
    P.s.- I also wanted once to work for them, since i'm a programmer and i grew up with them, but then i saw i had to go to other countries if i wanted that, and i dropped it.
    Because Blizzard pays far below industry standard for any non-executive position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

do you think the waves of hate and disdain (like what was seen when this first happened) is going to return?
    Not sure what you mean. The waves of hate and disdain never left.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Because Blizzard pays far below industry standard for any non-executive position.
    Wonder how much longer they can do that. One reason they got away with it was because they were a standard of quality and good ol fashioned love of the company. The first is no longer true and the second they've taken out back and shot ten times in the head.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg