Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely loved Nazmir. It was one of the best zones they ever made. The rest of the expansion ranges from meh to atrocious. My biggest complaint is the class design--slow, overly simplified with too much passive damage, especially via the mountain of random damage procs and buffs we gained this expansion. There's also some stuff that I have a hard time placing, like warfronts, because it's bland and trivial but also bizarre and difficult to tell what Blizzard's intentions with it were.

BFA story and design reminded me of Disney's "design" for the latest Star Wars trilogy. Basically throwing darts at ideas hoping something will work.

One of those expansions where I lost interest fairly quickly and fell back to chill arena and auction house stuff. I don't know why this expansion needed mass dailies,reputations,heart of azeroth leveling,essences,bop mats and azerite pieces. What a chore.
    Last edited by Alkhan; 2020-01-22 at 10:28 PM.

Saved by decent raids. I had fun atleast. 6/10

Ever since the end of the WoTLK, WoW has been quite... strange.

Cataclysm was a failure to me, it was the first expansion that made me quit the game.

MoP was not that interesting as the dungeons, raids and zones, although beautiful, were not that great. The lore, on the other hand, is probably the best since WotLK, and got significantly worse after MoP. I started playing again when MoP was nearing its life cycle, and I enjoyed the stories more than anything.

WoD had a good levelling experience and some nice dungeons, but it was far too short and I quit the game again.

I got back to the game when Suramar was released. Legion was surprisingly better than I had expected. I did not like the way the story progressed (destroying the Burning Legion like that felt cheap, and completely eliminated the most important antagonists WoW had to offer). It was mostly good.

BfA... I was subscribed up until a couple of months ago. Classes felt weird, levelling was very good, the stories within the zones were fun. The overarching story was terrible, and set up for the expansion was terrible, all major lore characters were terrible... Islands were terrible. Warfronts were interesting for the first couple of runs. Dungeons felt bad because of how worthless they were in comparison to all the more enemies we had defeated prior... Invasions were a joke, another grind for power felt cheap and not knowing whether you had got a nice upgrade or a downgrade, regardless of ilevel, was awful. Azshara and the Old Gods seemed to be quite formidable and interesting, but now it feels like nothing can stop us. It's been a bad expansion overall.

Maybe after Shadowlands we can play another alien race, trying to fend off Azeroth armies of gods who are capable of wiping out anything trying to invade their planets or something. Maybe Azeroth will try to conquer present and alternate Draenor, and we have to play Orcs, Demons and the Draenei trying to stop the Azerothians demi gods mucking about with hundreds of token Ashbringers. Ugh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lore: Amazing ending and tiding up leftover stories.
    Art: amazing
    music: amazing
    features: 50/50. New allied races, giving us the oportunity to pogrerss on RP communities.
    New tech helping the creation of new customizations for characters
    new styles of systems from Islands AI to Nzoth invasion WQs.

BfA will always be remembered not as the worst expansion or the buggiest. But the one that literally was a Beta for the next expansion. Everyone that actually played since the start will tell you, it felt like an eternal beta. Azerite Gear 1.0 then 1.5-2.0 then 3.0 then reseted to 1.5. Warfronts marketed as PvP then it actually was PvE and a pet mount zone, heroic version its actually the ones that matter now gg for the low version. Story wise, was actually favored for the Horde because of Uldir at the start. The alliance getting the shovel in the back because of new type of already "humans" but with "vrykul blood", trying to give races without altering too much lore, like Cyborg gnomes vs Robot mechagnomes, Void elves to finally give an actual high elves to the alliance. Fat Humans but no Thin Humans. ETC.

Everywhere you see BfA as how it should have delivered, seem they did it in a mediocre way, but they did it better than other expansions.

-Blizzard ditched BFA for Shadowlands: this is another thing that people will actually realize now- BfA not only had the problems of "systems created before Legion alpha, but it had to do how well Legion systems to classes worked", "if i dont enjoy my class i will not enjoy the expansion", BfA had to deal with:
    Ilvl Squish
    Stat Squish
    new leveling system
    new scaling system
    new GCD system as result of stat squish
    The lack of Legendaries that were the bandaid for some classes
    Azerite Gear didnt help to class balance

And we can go on and go on
    8.3 its the epic version of timeless isles, with bunch of rares, mounts, pets to collect, and dailies. For me BfA its actually the best expansion because of the theme and overral story. But it was a dissapointment in every way. It could have been the best expansion..... but they decided to ditched it for Shadowlands.

btw benthic gear share the same icons as blackrock foundry gear. didnt have the time to create icons for 8.2 catch up gear hu.

pd: did i mention artifact weapons? yeah...
    Last edited by Kemsa; 2020-01-22 at 11:13 PM.

Gave upon this expansion in about a month after release just started playing again to see lore around nzoth was fine to say at least running through old dungeon was fun. But I skipped 90% of WoD and Boa because neither of those expansion were interesting.
    Vanilla>wotlk>mop>legion were the only version of wow that I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You could also make the same argument for it being shit since TBC ended, since Battlegrounds were introduced in Vanilla or since the game was released and killed the genre by making the majority of endgame instanced.
    Guy asked for Opinions I gave mine.

I played the entirety of WoD. BfA had me quitting by 8.1, came back for 8.2 and then just couldn't hack it anymore.

8.3 is stupid as fuck. Worst expansion ever, BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was alright. Playing it got me back into playing WoW more so I enjoyed it quite a bit. I think the biggest thing I can take away from BfA is how much it felt like an adventure again, for me at least.

Class gameplay was another reason why I liked it. It's actually probably the most fun I've had with them in my 13 years playing. I like simple things and to me they felt simple, to the point, organized, and cleaned up. The vocal majority says otherwise but whatever I enjoyed them a lot. If they do any changes I hope they do it in a way where it keeps them somewhat the same.

The art and music department once again nailed it. Everything in the game looks and sounds awesome. Unfortunately, it's the only thing they can get right all the time.

Probably my biggest complaint about the game is the obvious "muh women empowerment". Almost every major character or important quest NPC was a woman. Now before all the SJWs start screaming at me I have no problem with female characters. Some of my favorite video game characters are women. What I do have a problem with is when this shit is shoved down my throat. Like in the one episode of Family Guy where the one guy is shoving his wallet full of family photos in some other guy's face over and over again. It was just annoying.

But yeah, overall I had a good time with it, was fun.

Edit: I also have to add that the recent patch, 8.3 is a major disappointment. I was really looking forward to it but after completing the story quests there's next to nothing to do but those torturous dailies and the story quests weren't even that interesting either just more of the same ol' kill this collect that.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-01-23 at 01:43 AM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

In WoD I still believed that it was just an unfortunate flop. So i continued to play (unsubbed for maybe 3-4 months), farmed mounts, pets, bought transmogs, farmed out fucking Ashran Nemesis quests, because "it's all gonna be alright next expac, this is just a flop". Leveled up a bunch of alts to farm raids with...

(and then didn't like Legion)

I don't believe that this is just a flop with BfA anymore. I didn't touch warmode, or dungeons, or raids, didn't farm Islands. Why add to my sunk cost fallacy even more when the game continues to be like this?

So yeah, had way way better time in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Again; I do not care about your opinion whatsoever. This isn't a factual debate with rights or wrongs, this is an opinionated thread.
    And yet i said it. Theres people who read these threads. They might want to know why i said it rather than try and pass it as an argument from authority. Stop being self centered. If you post in a forum be ready to be criticised by those that dont agree, wether you care or not.
    But hey, i said my peace. You don't have to keep replying if you don't want to argue.

10+ Year Old Account
    The final cinematic is cheap, unoriginal and lazy, couldn´t care less for Shadowlands at this point.
    The fact they are still charging 15 bucks a month for this crap game makes feel bad for the people that is subbed every month.
    But I´m ok, I have more money to waste in steam and buy great cheap games.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that LotR ripoff was nasty af, at this point is clear Blizzard is nothing but a brainless minion of Activision´s greedy and barely legal agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    In WoD I still believed that it was just an unfortunate flop. So i continued to play (unsubbed for maybe 3-4 months), farmed mounts, pets, bought transmogs, farmed out fucking Ashran Nemesis quests, because "it's all gonna be alright next expac, this is just a flop". Leveled up a bunch of alts to farm raids with...

(and then didn't like Legion)

I don't believe that this is just a flop with BfA anymore. I didn't touch warmode, or dungeons, or raids, didn't farm Islands. Why add to my sunk cost fallacy even more when the game continues to be like this?

So yeah, had way way better time in WoD.
    I feel exactly the same about the game. I guess this is World of Warcraft now even though we don't want it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Wasn't one of the better expansions, but also not the worst.

1.Classic
    2.Mists of Pandaria
    3.Burning Crusade
    4.Legion
    5.Wrath of the Lich King
    6.Battle for Azeroth
    7.Cataclysm
    8.Warlords of Draenor

The funny part is 8.3 MAKES you grind past exoanssions. Assaults in uldum and vale of blossoms, quests in valsharah and northerend (nexus) or mount hayjal...

Not sure what's worse...doing dailies in old zones again, doing them again on alts, going back for 8.2 content for rep and essences....or the fact they removed dalaran or bale portal rooms. Getting to the vale takes FOREVER!

This xpac had good story, cinematic, zone, art, atmosphere at the begining...then it took a nose dive on all fronts.

If I had to choose a word to describe it, tedious or chore would be it.

It's bad, but not the worst. But then again, as I'm sitting here in flight thinking about it, it might be way up there. Lore seems weird. Class balance is odd. Storyline is some of the worst ever imo. Reminds me of cata so much that I changed my title to Defender of a Shattered World. If Nyalotha is as bad as dragon soul, this is the worst expansion ever.

(Wrath of the Lich King > Burning Crusade = Legion = Vanilla > Mists of Pandaria = Cataclysm = Warlords of Draenor > Battle For Azeroth)*
    *Opinion

I put MoP/Cat/WoD in the same tier because of my relative enjoyment. My involvement with the game at the time and guild/friend engagement evens them out. Honestly BFA was the first expansion I didn't buy and I've been playing since Vanilla, just got tired of paying to be time gated and then having most of my work devalued by catch-up mechanics, and the layered gear RNG. I've followed it closely through friends playing and watching content, but the gameplay loop is just mind numbing. I'd be back for the next one if it proves to be worthwhile.

Still around here because I still care about the game, been to blizzcon (Flew down, not American), I used to collect reps/mounts/toys (Before they had dedicated storage for them), did the insane pre-nerf, I have almost all the old UDE point stuff from the card game, rocket/magical rooster/ethereal trader too. I played in every expansion and major patch up until the end of Legion and BFA. I miss WoW but the current version does not scratch that itch for me, and I've had my fill of Vanilla.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    It's bad, but not the worst. But then again, as I'm sitting here in flight thinking about it, it might be way up there. Lore seems weird. Class balance is odd. Storyline is some of the worst ever imo. Reminds me of cata so much that I changed my title to Defender of a Shattered World. If Nyalotha is as bad as dragon soul, this is the worst expansion ever.
    I enjoyed myself during Cata. Really liked Dragon Soul as a raid. Maybe I’m weird.

I tried thinking about what expansion I disliked more than BfA and PandaLand came to mind. Thinking back to my time playing it I think I enjoyed myself more in MoP than in BfA.

I voted "one of the worst" but I actually can’t think of a worse one. I guess WoD would be close but again, I had more fun playing WoD. Maybe because a lot of the systems from WoD got reused and refined for Legion and then recycled to death in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    I enjoyed myself during Cata. Really liked Dragon Soul as a raid. Maybe I’m weird.

I tried thinking about what expansion I disliked more than BfA and PandaLand came to mind. Thinking back to my time playing it I think I enjoyed myself more in MoP than in BfA.

I voted "one of the worst" but I actually can’t think of a worse one. I guess WoD would be close but again, I had more fun playing WoD. Maybe because a lot of the systems from WoD got reused and refined for Legion and then recycled to death in BfA.
    You're not weird. People in this thread will shame you for having a dissenting opinion but you're allowed to think for yourself. And honestly, the measure by which you're gauging the expansions is the only one that matters. Did you have fun playing the expansion? If yes, then rate it favorably. If no, then don't. Fuck the hivemind.

7+ Year Old Account
    I tried to stay positive but fuck I can't do it. BfA was looking like it was making a comeback but then crashed into the ground. I'm probably just a broken record now but I hate the way they have handled classes in this expansion. I rate wod above bfa all because the classes were much better.