Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Yipee!! Sandbox + storyline = I'm in wow heaven

Yes it coudl be better, yes, tehre coudl be more, but i've been playing around in the new zones ..and guess what I love it.

I like travelling around and finding rares pop up, and puzzles and chests, that aren't necessarily tied to a storyline, and gives me things to do in the zone that aren't hey le'ts just drop and complete the quest..

I could psend hours pvping, but still have meaningful stuff that pops up.

And best part of it, the zones also have a storyline that this doesn't interfere with.. It is getting better blizz. Better.

It reminds me a bit off classic. Finally another feature I like about this patch is that the empty cavernous zones of uldum and Vale of Eternal blossoms actually have some meaningful activity. Great way to re-use a zone.

I say this is pretty much carrying on from Naz'jatar and Mechagon.. except that i feels a lot better in 8.3 when the zones are actually that large.

Well, you're the extreme minority. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Don't know why you think that. Everybody I know personally that plays and everyone in my guild currently is enjoying wow very much. I think 8.3 is a lot of fun. Does is have 9 months of legs, i don't think so. But currently, at the moment, WoW is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by talmar View Post
    Don't know why you think that. Everybody I know personally that plays and everyone in my guild currently is enjoying wow very much. I think 8.3 is a lot of fun. Does is have 9 months of legs, i don't think so. But currently, at the moment, WoW is a lot of fun.
    More like everybody that's left in your guild

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is was only a extreme minority that enjoyed the game I doubt there would be a game to play...

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree with OP 100%

Have you ever considered that YOU may be in the vocal minority?
    Here is something to believe in!

Somehow, I agree with all posters here at the same time lol. I do appreciate the "sandboxy" approach to these assaults (ignoring the dailies, why is blizz trying to resurrect those?), but I definetly see it getting old fast. Way faster than shadowlands is gonna come, for sure. And I strongly dislike that I have to participate in these simply to gain access to the Horrific visions, that will only represent like maybe an hour of gameplay per week even though they are the most interesting source of gameplay, at least until they become easy facerolls.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you, OP. I'm liking it, people are liking - the only people in my guild bitching about 8.3 have been bitching since Cataclysm, yet keep playing. They just dislike WoW at this point.

He's not the extreme minority. Leave your bubble.

I appreciate the new zones and like some of the opacity in having more stuff discovered than being led to.

I do worry what it might mean for Shadowlands though since this is very similar to how Blizzard handled the dailies in WoD, where rather than the more structured "theme park" style we just had zones to go kill a billion things in while bored to grind rep and WoD is remembered quite often as an expansion low on content since it lacked a lot of directed content.

Really though all I'd like to see them do with the new zones is up the drop rate on some items like the bug head trophy and add portals from boralus and zul'dazar to shrine and uldum.

Mmmno, that would be this forum. Game forum people, in general, are the extreme minority. You know that.

What on earth gives you this idea? People need to accept that the vast majority of players do not participate frequently in instanced content - eg raids, bgs, arenas, etc. Just because there is a VERY vocal minority who only focus on mythic raiding, does not mean the other 99% are not a valuable part of the community. I would argue they are the MOST important part of the community, even as a mythic raider.

Don't know why you think that. Everybody I know personally that plays and everyone in my guild currently is enjoying wow very much.
    Psst, you're answering yourself there.
    Bigger psst, check WoW's population.
    Biggest psst, everyone else already quit playing because of how shit it is.

"I don't get it guys, every Republican I talk to is a Republican! Ergo, the vast majority of Earth's population is Republican. That's how things work, right?"

what new zones? Oh you mean almost decade old zones they repurposed.

I too have been having a lot of fun. I don't think it's enough content to last until shadowlands, however. And that's my problem.

I dont know man. I played it for 5 hours and I was completely bored out of my mind because there was nothing meaningful to do. Both those zones offer me nearly nothing to progress my character, so I have no real reason to do everything again and again. The stuff that IS relevant for my character is heavily timegated, so yeah. Unfortunately not for me, especially not for 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What on earth gives you this idea? People need to accept that the vast majority of players do not participate frequently in instanced content - eg raids, bgs, arenas, etc. Just because there is a VERY vocal minority who only focus on mythic raiding, does not mean the other 99% are not a valuable part of the community. I would argue they are the MOST important part of the community, even as a mythic raider.
    Lol, 8.3 surely is their patch then with extreme emphasize on instanced horrific visions, and the 2 shitty, rehashed zone that serves only visions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Mmmno, that would be this forum. Game forum people, in general, are the extreme minority. You know that.
    Man, there could be three people left playing this game and two of them would be arguing what the other guy thinks. The game is clearly unhealthy from a player number perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    The joke here is that you are the minority.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Lol, 8.3 surely is their patch then with extreme emphasize on instanced horrific visions, and the 2 shitty, rehashed zone that serves only visions.
    I like how you didnt add any emphasis where is said EG Raids, BGs, Arenas ETC. And ironically, you manage to miss the point entirely that yes, even the essenses system and engame activities in general are not something a massive part of the community participate in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I agree with OP 100%

Have you ever considered that YOU may be in the vocal minority?
    Considering in a poll of a very small sample size on this forum alone of almost 1000 players YOU are in the minority. Less than 10% actually.

You're one of the most vocal defenders and one of the only people voting BfA as a "good expansion".

Please stop with the bullshit.