Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    When WoD was over, I was looking forward to Legion and hopefully moving onto a better experience.

When I was done with BFA, I felt like I never, ever wanted to even look at WoW again. Still feel that way, they can shove their next expansion right up their ass. I wouldn't trust this dev team to make a promotional flash game let alone a full featured MMO.
    I feel the exact same way.

Only WoW that interests me right now is Classic. And that also has a time limit, a point where I'm done. I doubt I'l play any WoW after that. BfA is making me turn away from the entire franchise.

I have fond memories of gladiator warrior, and enhance aoe was awesome. From a raid log perspective WoD wasn't so bad.

The later single player stuff in BFA is definitely better, which is good since BFA wasn't interesting enough to keep our raiders logging on and my guild died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Thanks for the reminder dude. Occasionally I get my anti-Blizzard circlejerks mixed up and I forget to hate everything the hivemind tells me I should.
    It's okay. I killed the Hivemind yesterday.
    You're free.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by yamix View Post
    I have fond memories of gladiator warrior, and enhance aoe was awesome.
    I was waiting for this point. I think the most solid argument for WoD over BFA is the class design. People wanted to play their characters, even though there wasn't much of anything to do except raid and eventually Tanaan when it was released.

7+ Year Old Account
    ...what? Legion is when WQs and AP were added to keep casual players entertained with an endless form of repeatable content and a goal that could never be fully capped. If anything, WoD marks the last expansion where it seemed like Blizzard wasn't as concerned with player engagement as they have been in the years since.
    I'm of the belief that Garrisons were just a different way to accomplish the same goal, mission tables exist purely to keep people logging in every day in order to "generate" rewards and WoD as an expansion was designed around said mission table. The difference is that Legion and BfA's engagement sinks are vastly more interesting than WoD's both in terms of gameplay and rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    WoD was better for me. I don't enjoy M+ and I was perfectly fine with raiding being more self-contained, so I liked that part. The start of WoD was great, and while it rapidly fell off, that was fine since I needed a break from content anyway. And honestly, the new models were such a big update I don't know how we ever made do with the originals.

But that is just me though. In general, WoD was the worst expansion this game has ever seen, with 6.1 being the worst content patch. Not going to deny that.
    Sounds great mate, was fun to come in the game between 6.1 and 6.2, only for no one to give me a chance to raid Mythic. Yeah, that expansion was so darn fun if you played it from the beginning, but fuck it if you didn't and you were just returning and didn't have any old friends to rely on. You were literally fucked. M+ is amazing, it gave me a way to fine tune my character, and a way to accomplish something outside raiding if I want to show that I am skilled in the current season, making it a lot easier to get in a mythic guild.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Sounds great mate, was fun to come in the game between 6.1 and 6.2, only for no one to give me a chance to raid Mythic. Yeah, that expansion was so darn fun if you played it from the beginning, but fuck it if you didn't and you were just returning and didn't have any old friends to rely on. You were literally fucked. M+ is amazing, it gave me a way to fine tune my character, and a way to accomplish something outside raiding if I want to show that I am skilled in the current season, making it a lot easier to get in a mythic guild.
    This is utter nonsense. I went through the exact scenario you spelled out when I began playing on EU in WoD. I had just stopped playing on NA servers and began playing on EU. I had to start fresh at the end of the BRF tier. It took me hardly 3 weeks to catch up completely gear wise and join a mythic raiding guild in HFC where I downed everything but mannoroth and archi since I had to quit due to IRL stuff at the time.
    If you had decent or good logs from heroic, mythic guilds would give you a chance to trial.
    If you found it hard to get into a mythic guild despite being able to clear heroic on a weekly basis with pugs, then you just didn't deserve to be in a mythic guild. Plain and simple. No effort, no reward.

M+ has its own place, it's not meant to be a stopgap for raiding. It's an alternative. Besides, M+ became a thing in legion, so i don't see how you can bash WoD and praise BFA over this point.

i had quite alot of fun in WoD and i didn't even play it right apparently.. had i paid attention to how lucrative garrisons where i'd probably also never have to pay for anything in game anymore

so uh yeah i'd rather play an expansion with lesser stuff and fun gameplay vs one with boring gameplay and the thing you grind out has no real life monetary value.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I would agree that BFA is still better than WoD in terms of content. However, I would still rather be "playing" WoD because I made millions of gold that has paid for every expansion, every month, every store item, other blizzard games... and I still have millions left.

Thanks for the reminder dude. Occasionally I get my anti-Blizzard circlejerks mixed up and I forget to hate everything the hivemind tells me I should.
    This right here haha, think more people need reminders - bashing is so easy, people ain't thinking straight..

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    This is utter nonsense. I went through the exact scenario you spelled out when I began playing on EU in WoD. I had just stopped playing on NA servers and began playing on EU. I had to start fresh at the end of the BRF tier. It took me hardly 3 weeks to catch up completely gear wise and join a mythic raiding guild in HFC where I downed everything but mannoroth and archi since I had to quit due to IRL stuff at the time.
    If you had decent or good logs from heroic, mythic guilds would give you a chance to trial.
    If you found it hard to get into a mythic guild despite being able to clear heroic on a weekly basis with pugs, then you just didn't deserve to be in a mythic guild. Plain and simple. No effort, no reward.

M+ has its own place, it's not meant to be a stopgap for raiding. It's an alternative. Besides, M+ became a thing in legion, so i don't see how you can bash WoD and praise BFA over this point.
    Yeah I didn't deserve to be in a mythic guild. That's why I got top 100 in BfA. Also learn to read, I never said that m+ is a stopgap, I said that it's a very good way to get the gear required to get the logs you need. Also just because m+ was a thing from legion, that doesn't mean that it should be excluded from the fun provided in BfA. Or will you exclude raids from WoD, because well, Vanilla had raids? You are a joke, thank you for giving me a laugh, and have a good day. Cba talking to trolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I didn't deserve to be in a mythic guild. That's why I got top 100 in BfA. Also learn to read, I never said that m+ is a stopgap, I said that it's a very good way to get the gear required to get the logs you need. Also just because m+ was a thing from legion, that doesn't mean that it should be excluded from the fun provided in BfA. Or will you exclude raids from WoD, because well, Vanilla had raids? You are a joke, thank you for giving me a laugh, and have a good day. Cba talking to trolls.
    Do you suffer from alzheimers or dyslexia?
    You literally just cried about how hard it was to get into a mythic raiding guild in BFA if you were a returning player and I presented my own personal case stating how that was pure bs.
    You only used M+ as an example to state how it was the "stopgap" with your issue of entry into a mythic guild. You said that, not me. Might wanna re-read your post again.
    Also, top 100 BFA, ok, weird flex, but ok. How does it make your previous point relevant? That was then, this is now. You cried about then. I called you out on then too.

But sure, I am the troll here I guess. Cool. Smh

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...have you already forgotten WoD? I think it's ridiculous people are saying BFA is the worst expansion ever. It is bad. No doubt about that. Maybe the 2nd worst. But just to refresh your memory here:

Top 3 points to remember about Warlords of Draenor vs Battle for Azeroth

1. Only had a .1 and .2 patch, 6.1's primary features being the Twitter integration and Selfie Camera. Compare that 8.1, 8.2, 8.3. Not even close.

2. WoD's primary feature was the Garrison. No new races, no new classes, just updated player models. BFA at least introduced Allied Races each with their own Heritage armor. It also did have a simplified mission table.

3. If you didn't raid in WoD, you had nothing to do. BFA benefited from the systems added in Legion: WQs so the outdoor world was still relevant much longer. Mythic+ Dungeons vs in WoD after you did heroic dungeons and capped that ilevel, there was 0 reason to go back and do them unless you were doing Challenge Modes.

4. (Bonus) Ashran LOL

I'll gladly accept any challengers arguing the contrary.
    But you are forgetting one thing WoD got right. Classes. A lot of the classes played substantially better than now (and I would argue that tier gear helps with keeping classes “fresh”). Playing a more enjoyable spec/class made the rest of a lot more bearable. We don’t have that for BFA.

Honestly though, I don’t think anything in WoD comes close to how bad war fronts, islands and azerite gear is. BFA has more content, but it lacks that finish. Almost feels like everything is half finished, at least with WoD, it was a polished shit. Can we say the same about BFA?

5 years is a long time in video game development. What players wanted 5 years ago is not what players necessarily want today. It would do Blizzard and the miserables well to remember that.

Eh? I stopped playing at the start of WoD as I had to move for work and didn’t get the time. Got back for just after HFC launch and I ended up with cutting edge. People were begging for raiders, kinda like now. The two easiest times to get into a raiding guild for mythics, is now and WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...have you already forgotten WoD? I think it's ridiculous people are saying BFA is the worst expansion ever. It is bad. No doubt about that. Maybe the 2nd worst. But just to refresh your memory here:

Top 3 points to remember about Warlords of Draenor vs Battle for Azeroth

1. Only had a .1 and .2 patch, 6.1's primary features being the Twitter integration and Selfie Camera. Compare that 8.1, 8.2, 8.3. Not even close.

2. WoD's primary feature was the Garrison. No new races, no new classes, just updated player models. BFA at least introduced Allied Races each with their own Heritage armor. It also did have a simplified mission table.

3. If you didn't raid in WoD, you had nothing to do. BFA benefited from the systems added in Legion: WQs so the outdoor world was still relevant much longer. Mythic+ Dungeons vs in WoD after you did heroic dungeons and capped that ilevel, there was 0 reason to go back and do them unless you were doing Challenge Modes.

4. (Bonus) Ashran LOL

I'll gladly accept any challengers arguing the contrary.
    nope nope nope,wod was not worse,bfa suffers from a far greater issue,thats the rng and the grind,granted in 8.3 it is a lot easier and you dont feel the need to grind as much as early patches just the essences are annoying if you come new as the old ones are still bis

BfA was not that bad ppl at the moment rant it into. it had enough content in form of raids, m+ and some outdoor stuff. azerite system was not great, but it was at least there. overall story was meh, but they had some ok story brackets like talanji and jaina stories.

all in all, after dust has settled and the 2 next xpacs are over, BfA will remembered as that Legion copy xpac, that was way more worse than that what so great Legion xpac. and it gets his 4-5/10. i strongly disagree that ppl tomorrow (not today) will value BfA under WoD and Cata.

ppl trend to hype stuff and to hype shit storm. they see a few infos of next xpac and go „omg i want it now“. they here from a minority that have the loudest mouth „BfA was greatest shite on earth“ and instantly go „there was never such crap as BfA“ shiiiiitstorm.

i mean, look at WoD. hell, what ppl said about WoD.... and now they start „oh, wod wasnt that bad.“ lol

its just hillarious.

and most of the loudest ppl anyway play this game for 2-4 years and simply are far far away anyway when voting BfA in 2 years from now. and the rest are ppl that either never played BfA at all and i.e. started with SL or ppl (like me or Det or whoever) that play this game such a long time that they arent that squishy squashy. the ppl panicly burning BfA down to ashes at the moment simply not exist anyway, in the over next xpac.

simple as that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-23 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazedRaven View Post
    I think WoD was better than BFA. I say that sincerely without any hint of irony.

Firstly, WoD had quality content, it just didn't have a lot of it. What little content there was in Warlords of Draenor was unified and coherent. The player was taken on a journey from start to finish in a clear concise manner.

BFA, by contrast, has more content than WoD, but much of it is half baked and disparate. As an Alliance main I had no idea what the hell was going on towards the middle of the expansion. Who's MOTHER, for example? I had no incentive, lore-wise, or any quest chain for that matter that made me want to go to Uldir.

Also, while WoD had one compelling story (which, I admit, fell flat at the very end with Grom Hellscream turning good all of a sudden), BFA had a few stories that had tenuous connections at best. You had a faction war, which was supposed to be the main focus of the expansion, only for it to suddenly end in favour of N'zoth, and the ending leaves a whole lot to be desired. WoD at least had an ending that tied into Legion.

WoD didn't have much content, but what little it had was great. BFA had tons of half baked ideas.

(although yes, I agree that if you didn't raid in WoD, you didn't have much else to do. That said, the raids in WoD were great)
    I wouldnt say it was unified and coherent,it was clearly missing some essential points and made no sense near the end,yrel's journey was cut content from the planed shatt raid as an example,and the ending with hellscream ''FREEEDOM....oh and forget that i massacred you all kthnx'',to the entire plot of the demons being the same in all timelines,archi being dead

I liked just about everything better in WoD. And I would not bring up the follower table in BFA as an improvement. Who even bothers with that? I loved the garrisons, except maybe for them being too grindy on the follower missions. Something in between would be perfect.
    Mother pus bucket!

7+ Year Old Account
    WoD was shit, but at least the class design was a lot better and the raids were really good. BRF is my favourite raid. BFA might have more content, but most of it is meaningless.