Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Captain Tsubasa - Rise of New Champions

I didn't really follow the gaming news recently, but I might have missed that ?
    Anyway, a new Captain Tsubasa game is announced for 2020 on PC/PS4/Switch ! And I have to admit that looks lit !

Website: https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/captain...-new-champions

The latest Captain Tsubasa game with toon shading and realistic effects!Part of the globally popular Captain Tsubasa series, this title has anime-like graphics that are familiar even overseas.

Part of the globally popular Captain Tsubasa series, this title has anime-like graphics that are familiar even overseas.

The detailed presentation of every single style of our popular characters will heat up battles of the new Captain Tsubasa game!

Super plays clashing in high-speed! “Arcade football action”

This title adopts the arcade football genre that allows gamers to experience super plays in real time, one of the reasons Captain Tsubasa games are so popular.

This is an exhilarating action game that enables players to enjoy scoring goals while performing dream skills against opponents at high speed by mastering the simple controls.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-01-23 at 06:50 AM.

Im hyped...Europe for the win!

(because only europeans play soccer games)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

You mean the sport you kick with your feet for 99% of the game? football..
    Last edited by setsuna f seiei; 2020-01-23 at 12:59 PM.

That soccer game looks better than all Fifa's combined.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    This is really hype. The last Tsubasa game I played was the Famicon one that played like an RPG iirc, and was kind of expecting this would be like that but even though it doesn't I can't help be hyped!

You mean Football. And everyone in the world plays it except Americans. Though they insist on calling their Handoval game Football for some reason.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    This is really hype. The last Tsubasa game I played was the Famicon one that played like an RPG iirc, and was kind of expecting this would be like that but even though it doesn't I can't help be hyped!

You mean Football. And everyone in the world plays it except Americans. Though they insist on calling their Handoval game Football for some reason.
    Why is everyone correcting me with "football" ? Isnt "soccer" the correct American name?
    Unless..MMO-C champion is not an American site...my bad then.

There is a smartphone game of tsubasa and I have been enjoying that for quite some time. I see they carried the same art style. The phone app must have been a test for them. It will be great to play a tsubasa game on pc again.

Playing captain tsubasa super striker vol 2 on emulators kinda funny on high end pcs. I just really really wish that they also carry some of the music in that game and modernize it. The music from Carlos's team, Germany national tam etc. Please bandai pls!

and sorry gentlemen, this game will be better than all your fifa games combined.
    Last edited by Gref; 2020-01-24 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    That soccer game looks better than all Fifa's combined.
    I know right it probably has more innovation than any FIFA game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone correcting me with "football" ? Isnt "soccer" the correct American name?
    Boub is French I believe, and he's the one who made the website. No idea where Chaud is from, but based on their posting times, seems to be European as well. Current owners, Magic Find, do seem to be from the US though.

Also, pretty much everyone plays Football. Hell, even in the US the younger population are playing it, though not as much as in South America, Europe, or even Asia. No idea how Football's market penetration is in Africa or Oceania

Really, everyone should be blaming England for making soccer a word. We just borrowed it from them.

flat football stadium? this isnt a tsubasa game D: D:
    and where is the infernal catapult or whatever is called DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Also, pretty much everyone plays Football. Hell, even in the US the younger population are playing it, though not as much as in South America, Europe, or even Asia. No idea how Football's market penetration is in Africa or Oceania
    It's supposedly the most popular sport throughout Africa as well and FIFA seems to acknowledge that (I know Senegal, Algeria, Nigeria, Ghana, and Morocco all tend to have decent national teams). As a continent Africa is given the 2nd most automatic bids to the World Cup behind only Europe.

I think rugby and cricket kind of rules over Oceania. There is an Oceania Football Confederation but they currently happen to be the only region that FIFA doesn't give any automatic bids to for the World Cup. NA gets 3.5 spots, SA gets 4.5 spots, Asia gets 4.5, and Oceania gets 0.5 which sets it up so that the top Oceania team would have to beat the 4th best NA or 5th best SA or Asian team to get in with one of the final two spots. in 2026 the format is changing from 32 teams to 48 teams an Ocean will get to have a single automatic bid.

Gameplay video

I... love that.

@Ophenia Holy shiT! that is AWESOME! i have not been this excited over a game for such a long time! It looks great. I still regularly play soccer a local team and participate in soccer practices of our school's team and I am a keeper. I have always thought wakajimazu was the coolest GK! seeing him doing all those saves so fucking amazing! a little histrionics people might think but it is fucking great I think. two things however;

1- 1vs1 on GK, that GK AI has to be improved for sure, that position an be exploited so easily I guess. You don't stand fully upright 1 step before enemy. not realistic
    2- I realized during hyuga's shoots, morizaki (gk) keeps opening and closing his legs. looks a little stupid.
    3- music. It definitely gives you tension but that should be something that moves you. maybe it was just a placeholder music but I really need a good ost.

they can't release this any sooner! Do you know if they have a contact email where I can send some feedback after watching their videos? I really would like to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    they can't release this any sooner! Do you know if they have a contact email where I can send some feedback after watching their videos? I really would like to do that.
    I don't really know tbh. The website is here : https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/captain...-new-champions and there is a "Feedback" icon on the right of the screen but that seems related to feedback on the website as far as I understand.
    Otherwise, in the "Sign me up" part, there are links to their FB/Twitter/Twitch/Youtube/IG. Maybe you could contact someone through those means ?

Quick preview of the German Team :P

Is this coming out on Steam?

I dont play a soccer/football game since PES 3.
    This looks awesome.

Just watched german team intro... damn son I am so fucknig hyped for it.
    though they must remaster the ost from super striker vol.2. Germany theme was great!

Some other previews

Senegal Junior Youth Trailer

America Junior Youth Trailer

And hindsight with few pictures from French Team

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/captain...strating-their

sweet mother of god with every update I am getting chills.