Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD had the best PvP BFA PvP is just pure trash.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...have you already forgotten WoD? I think it's ridiculous people are saying BFA is the worst expansion ever. It is bad. No doubt about that. Maybe the 2nd worst. But just to refresh your memory here:

Top 3 points to remember about Warlords of Draenor vs Battle for Azeroth

1. Only had a .1 and .2 patch, 6.1's primary features being the Twitter integration and Selfie Camera. Compare that 8.1, 8.2, 8.3. Not even close.

2. WoD's primary feature was the Garrison. No new races, no new classes, just updated player models. BFA at least introduced Allied Races each with their own Heritage armor. It also did have a simplified mission table.

3. If you didn't raid in WoD, you had nothing to do. BFA benefited from the systems added in Legion: WQs so the outdoor world was still relevant much longer. Mythic+ Dungeons vs in WoD after you did heroic dungeons and capped that ilevel, there was 0 reason to go back and do them unless you were doing Challenge Modes.

4. (Bonus) Ashran LOL

I'll gladly accept any challengers arguing the contrary.
    It's really simple. If you don't care about the features they introduce with their 8.1/8.2/8.3 patches because you think the features are garbage anyway (new island expeditions, warfronts, world quests) then it doesn't really matter how many reskins of the same, boring gameplay loop they'll feed you.
    WoD had its issues at the time but compared to BfA it at least had enjoyable classes (the new talent additions were really fun), PvP was still playable and the itemization wasn't completely trash then. Then again, I probably would have preferred two additional years of SoO over BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Thanks for the reminder dude. Occasionally I get my anti-Blizzard circlejerks mixed up and I forget to hate everything the hivemind tells me I should.
    25$ have been added to your Battle.net account balance. Thank you, Champion!

WoD had the excuse of it being made by a "new and bigger team" whats BfA excuse???

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd honestly rather WoD. My biggest problem in WoD was that there wasn't stuff to do, so I just had to level characters. But the raids were very fun to do, more than enough to keep me subbed
    My problem in BFA is that it's boring to play, so I don't. I can't comment on how the raids are, because I only saw Uldir. I'm just so bored with how all the classes play at the moment that I can't stand playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD's endgame was raiding and sitting on top of your mission table, if you truely think that is better than bfa then theres somethin wrong with you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Alxblaw View Post
    For me WoD is better.

1. Far Far Over Alt friendly xpac

2. Best PvP
    well, yeah you could have far more alts ...and use them all to farm herbs ore and misions at garrison bcs there was nothing else to do
    i mean i did enjoy WoD and i agree BFA is not alt friendly, but hell whats the point of having alt army if theres nothing to do for them?!

Wod was better.

Ye the content was minimal, but that was it's weakness, it didn't add new bad systems that make the game less fun, it simply didn't add enough on mop to be great. What's more, thanks to mop, class design was mostly solid.

Bfa has content but its often worse then wod's 100% zones or tanaan. Islands? Warfronts? Barely enjoyable. Bfa wrecked pvp reward structure and the incentive to do bgs by eliminating pvp stats or item scaling (in wod pvp gear simply scaled higher in pvp). BGing was fun back there, as was arena.

Class design in bfa is pretty awful. In pve it somewhat holds up (though try to affliction in m+). In pvp its a never ending rogue mage priest fest; entire speccs completely invalid and worse, don't really "work" (again, try to spend soulshards as affliction vs double interrupts. This was a non issue in legion, but they took away critical honor talents. Why?). Spriests and ele shamans not much better.

Wod didnt had a lot of content, but what it had for the outdoors was alright, especially considering how long we had to put up with it. I liked those illidan lookalike elites in shadowmoon. BFA has mechagon, a neverending grind with barely any elites or mechanics, nazjatar, a slightly (really slightly) more interesting grind with mobs that actually survive being puffed at, but almost no incentive to fight them beside hydra dailies. Only now they finally made assaults which are actually a bit fun on alts, though i worry they'll also be trivialized by m+15 gear.

Bfa two original and unique additions that are actually interesting, imo, are seasonal m+ affixes, which beside ghuun season were all pretty swell, and Horrific Visions. But the incessant grindy design corrupted visions far more then n'zoth himself ever could, and for some reason you're limited to 3 attempts a week, even after recent hotfix. Having a free practice mode for achievements and no loot would have made it infinitely better, but blizz seemed too addicted to time played metrics to notice people don't enjoy being gated out of fun content.

Bfa is incredibly unfriendly to alts. Sure, you can play them, and even without essences you could do +10 in the recent season, but why make it like that? The essence system is pretty much unique in how it encourages you to do so many activities you're unlikely to enjoy for necessary power gains. Wotlk rep grinds for enchants don't even scrape it. You don't need to be a mythic raider (and I'm not) to feel annoyed that "i could be stronger if i grinded nazjatar, assault and mechagon rep, but i won't because its so much of a chore" or "i really hate pvp but i need the honor and arena essence for high keys". It could have been so much more fun with a global currency from any activity that lets you pick essences, or making certain essences limited to certain content. This is exarcerbated tenfolds by the grinds not being account bound. Nobody would have complained if, like actual high end gear, alts could get them by doing content you enjoyed. Wod didn't had much in the way of power costumization, but it had glyphs, and honestly class design was so solid i didn't mind. Rather have that any day versus power ups dependant on abusive chores (ring was also annoying but it was atleast being a single and fairly lenient, if long, grind, and if i remember not relevant to pvp).

Last but not least, in bfa you can never be done with grinds. Wod didn't had ton of content, but it also didn't try to make you feel bad for not doing it. You wanted the apexis mounts? Farm apexis. No power gained or lost if you don't. Compare that to rank 3 essences, artifact power, optimal azerite traits, titanforging and now optimal corruption traits, so many grinds that realistically never end. I don't do any of those grinds, i want to play to have fun, but that doesn't make the design any less shitty.

When i look back on wod, i think of an expansion which had too little content. When i think of bfa, i think of content and design which makes you hate the game.
    Last edited by Amariw; 2020-01-23 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling.

As a pvp player, WoD was alot better atleast i could gear my character via pvp.
    WoD was the downfall of classdesign, but it got worse every xpac after.
    I really dislike both xpac's but atleast in WoD i could spend time on things i liked and not being forced to grind world quests, rep's and AP over and over again just to be "strong" enough to que some arena's.
    And thats my main dislike about BFA, i have to spend so much time on boring stuff with random rewards, its just not worth my time anymore.
    Hopefully it gets better in Shadowlands.

I really hated WoD overall but at the end of the day majority of the classes were still fun. When I hit 100 my character felt stronger than it did at 90. It's true that once you hit 100 there was very little to do outside of your garrison until Tanaan came along but the bare-bones of the game was still intact. My character still felt like my character.

BfA is the expansion that has destroyed that fundamental structure for me. My character felt tangibly worse at 120 than it did at 110. Even when the game was at it's worst in WoD the gameplay of killing mobs was still fun. It stopped being fun in BfA and it just became a slog. I'm not sure how else to describe it. All these years, building up my character as the saviour of the universe, slayer of old gods, commander of armies... then you start getting jobbed on the reg by like 3 or 4 normal mobs.

And they keep adding really awkward character progression mechanics. Everything about the artifact amulet is awful. Essences just look like a massive pain in the ass as does the new corruption mechanic. I'm really glad they keep adding this stuff though, it gives me more reasons not to play the game.
    Last edited by peepeepoopants; 2020-01-23 at 01:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Love to hear the logic in how WoD was better then both Legion and BfA with it's 3 raids, 8 dongeons, and time traveling orcs....
    WoD may have been shit but it didn't kill the way i played the game with AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually preferred WoD, the raids kept me playing.

I always enjoy 5 man farming at the beginning of the expansion to get raid ready. That gets boring sooner or later. I hate the fact that M+ makes doing 5 mans every mandatory if you want to stay relevant. I've also not enjoyed the raids that much in BFA (I only did the last one on normal so i could see it and I will not be doing the new one as I simply do not care at all now).

People are nuts to claim BFA is worse than WOD. At least BFA I've played all the way through. WOD I just gave up entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It is personal taste.. I personally think both are shit.

But if you look at that thread about our final thoughts on BFA you have 10 people rating it at the best expansion ever.. There will always be people with opinions / tastes that are extreme
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

BfA is not far from WoD but it is definitely better than WoD. People who say WoD's better either didn't play enough of WoD or they're in serious denial.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...have you already forgotten WoD? I think it's ridiculous people are saying BFA is the worst expansion ever. It is bad. No doubt about that. Maybe the 2nd worst. But just to refresh your memory here:

Top 3 points to remember about Warlords of Draenor vs Battle for Azeroth

1. Only had a .1 and .2 patch, 6.1's primary features being the Twitter integration and Selfie Camera. Compare that 8.1, 8.2, 8.3. Not even close.

2. WoD's primary feature was the Garrison. No new races, no new classes, just updated player models. BFA at least introduced Allied Races each with their own Heritage armor. It also did have a simplified mission table.

3. If you didn't raid in WoD, you had nothing to do. BFA benefited from the systems added in Legion: WQs so the outdoor world was still relevant much longer. Mythic+ Dungeons vs in WoD after you did heroic dungeons and capped that ilevel, there was 0 reason to go back and do them unless you were doing Challenge Modes.

4. (Bonus) Ashran LOL

I'll gladly accept any challengers arguing the contrary.

WOD Challenge Mode + PvP Vendors > BFA Island AP Farm + M+ Farm + TResiduum Lottery

Outside Raids WOD had NOTHING true but BFA have so MANY THINGS that are BAD that basically we are on the opposite side of the spectrum

WOD "Nothing to do"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BFA "too many chores, 99% which are bad"
    Last edited by Dioporco; 2020-01-23 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    When i look back on wod, i think of an expansion which had too little content. When i think of bfa, i think of content and design which makes you hate the game.
    That sums it up pretty well. Also WoD at least didn't force you into playing parts of the game that you had absolutely no interest in (unlike BfA and Legion). If I wanted to be optimal in PvP, I only had to play PvP in WoD. With BfA you're basically fucked if you don't grind your good boy points through M+, WQs and pushed your item level through PvE content.
    I guess most players actually enjoy being able to choose what parts of the game they want to play without getting a big "fuck you" from Blizzard.

I feel like I'm the only one who actually enjoyed the Garrison. Until the shipyard / ending of the expansion, I had a lot of fun with the garrison.

Current expansion is ALWAYS worst expansion. When WoD was current, suddenly Pandas wasn't so bad and after a couple of years people claim it was anywhere near good.
    When legion was current it was the worst expansion and suddenly WoD wasn't so bad.
    Now when BfA is current it is worst expansion and Legion wasnt so bad.

It will be the same with shadowlands

Oh the goldfish memories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    WOD Challenge Mode + PvP Vendors > BFA Island AP Farm + M+ Farm + TResiduum Lottery
    You know there is TF vendor that sells specific items right? What lottery?

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Current expansion is ALWAYS worst expansion. When WoD was current, suddenly Pandas wasn't so bad and after a couple of years people claim it was anywhere near good.
    When legion was current it was the worst expansion and suddenly WoD wasn't so bad.
    Now when BfA is current it is worst expansion and Legion wasnt so bad.

It will be the same with shadowlands

Oh the goldfish memories.

I dont remember the same BFA negative feedback for MOP nor Legion, besides trolls and mentally challenged people that can't be objective.

I disliked both of them.
    And agree with the Amariw's post
    Atleast in WoD classes still felt moderatly fun to play. In BFA they are sooooo dull. I dont consider myself to have actively played WoW since MoP, although Legion was ok so I gave it a bit of a go. WoD and BFA, I tried to get into them, but could not. Not at all.