10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    The Color Out of Space

Holy fuck. Bizarre. Intense. Grotesque. Beautiful. This is possibly my favorite horror movie now. The reviews simply don't do the experience justice.

If I'm being stingy, then I give it a 9/10.
    Glad to see more people seeing through it and loving it. I also gave it a really favorable review.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Glad to see more people seeing through it and loving it. I also gave it a really favorable review.
    I've been waiting so long for a well-made, decently budgeted, direct Lovecraft adaptation. I really hope this breathes life into SpectreVision's dream Lovecraft trilogy.

They Shall Not Grow Old - My immensely high rating from months back remains, I just want to put its name out there. Watched it for the second time today and it's brilliant.

Cut Bank 4/10 - Poor mans Fargo. Kind of a waste of time.

Rise of Skywalker - 5/10. Aside from a few moments, this was painfully average, and easily the worst of the most recent 3. The story didnt deserve that sort of ending.

Also rewatched The Lighthouse, still really enjoyed it , 8.5/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They Shall Not Grow Old - My immensely high rating from months back remains, I just want to put its name out there. Watched it for the second time today and it's brilliant.
    yes, i saw this on a flight. so good and powerful

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Champions of Shaolin: 8/10 Venom Mob! Long takes! Wide shots! Awesome sound effects! Hilarious deaths! Betrayal! Revenge! Cute Chinese chicks! Shirtless Chinese dudes!

14 Blades: 5.5/10 Mediocre, with weird edits, wonky CG, forced romance, and not nearly enough kung fu cuties.

Headshot: 7.5/10 An amnesiac with a past kills half of a small Indonesian island. For revenge! A bit too much staring when there should be killing, but it's still mostly brutal fun, with some nice choreography and camera work sprinkled here and there. Bonus point for Chelsea Islan's cuteness and Julie Estelle for being so scarousing.

Initial D (2005): 0/10 I'm fine with the cast being Chinese, but they're not good. I'm also fine with the movie not being 100% faithful to the manga and anime, but it just gets so much wrong, and there are way too many scenes with jarring cuts, slo-mo, and freeze frames. So bad. And where in the hell is my Eurobeat?! Zero points!

K-On! The Movie!: 5/10 More movies and series need main characters with developmental disorders. You can do it, Yui! Fighting!

Maria: 5/10 A woman with a past kills half of the Philippines. For revenge! I don't mind the trope, but this flick just felt so lazy. Bonus point for some hot Filipina chicks.

The End of Evangelion: 7/10 Interesting. More frustrating to watch and digest than reading the manga's conclusion, but preferable to how the series ended. Could've done without the jarring live footage.

The Flying Guillotine: 6/10 I remember this being a lot more fun.

The Flying Guillotine 2: 6/10 More of the same, but this time with girl power!
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    The Color Out of Space

Holy fuck. Bizarre. Intense. Grotesque. Beautiful. This is possibly my favorite horror movie now. The reviews simply don't do the experience justice.

If I'm being stingy, then I give it a 9/10.
    Agreed, 9/10, it's a masterful telling of a Lovecraft story. Really, really hope Stanley makes more of these.

Knives Out - 5/10

Not nearly as funny/entertaining as everyone seemed to think it was I enjoyed it, I didn't regret watching it but it just wasn't that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Agreed, 9/10, it's a masterful telling of a Lovecraft story. Really, really hope Stanley makes more of these.
    He is working on a script for The Dunwitch Horror and a 3rd undecided film.

Also giving it a 9/10, it was really creepy.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelwing View Post
    Just saw 1917. Found it be a very good solid movie. So 9.5
    Dude, great movie! The seamless shot was really cool and would love to see it done in more movies. Really keeps you in the action, suspense, and character building. Very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    He is working on a script for The Dunwitch Horror and a 3rd undecided film.

Also giving it a 9/10, it was really creepy.
    Idk how much of a budget it would need to be at just this movie's quality, but it'd be badass to see At the Mountains of Madness
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2020-01-28 at 01:43 AM.

Dragged Across Concrete (2018)

Was too fucking long and slow paced. IMDb rating might be a bit too high, I give it a 5/10.

15+ Year Old Account
    I watched Troop Zero on Amazon because I’m a sucker for movies based in the 70’s.

Yes, it’s all about 8-10 year old girls. It has stereotypes of the misfits vs. the cool kids but honesty it was just a great feel good movie.

If you know anything about the NASA golden record (It’s attached to the Voyager spacecraft.) it’s the back story about some of the people on it.

It’s not a go out of your way to see but if you’re looking for something kid/family friendly it will make everyone smile. It has a great cast. Last but not least it has a lot of David Bowie music which makes me cry because I still miss him greatly.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lighthouse - 8/10

Loved the creativity and weirdness of the movie. I'm usually not a big fan of movies with abstract endings, but I didn't hate it here. I also liked how the props and cinematography had an old school vibe to it, and there was a lot of good humor between the two main characters.

Ford vs Ferrari - 8/10

Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors, which really carried this movie for me. I would normally never care about the subject matter here, but it has great performances, pacing, directing, and everything else, which made this a surprisingly enjoyable movie that I would watch numerous times more.

The Farewell - 7/10

I thought this was a real breakout role for Awkwafina. It shows that she can be way more than comedic relief. It was an interesting story that taught me some things I didn't know about Chinese culture. My main complaint would be that the pacing is kind of up and down. There's one long scene in particular towards the end that could have been trimmed. I know this being a real story makes the writer/director want to be as accurate as possible, but some moments just didn't add anything to the movie. That said, this is a very promising movie for Lulu Wang and she could make something really great in the future.

Rise of Skywalker.
    2/10.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    The Lighthouse - 8/10

Loved the creativity and weirdness of the movie. I'm usually not a big fan of movies with abstract endings, but I didn't hate it here. I also liked how the props and cinematography had an old school vibe to it, and there was a lot of good humor between the two main characters.

Ford vs Ferrari - 8/10

Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors, which really carried this movie for me. I would normally never care about the subject matter here, but it has great performances, pacing, directing, and everything else, which made this a surprisingly enjoyable movie that I would watch numerous times more.

The Farewell - 7/10

I thought this was a real breakout role for Awkwafina. It shows that she can be way more than comedic relief. It was an interesting story that taught me some things I didn't know about Chinese culture. My main complaint would be that the pacing is kind of up and down. There's one long scene in particular towards the end that could have been trimmed. I know this being a real story makes the writer/director want to be as accurate as possible, but some moments just didn't add anything to the movie. That said, this is a very promising movie for Lulu Wang and she could make something really great in the future.
    when has she been comedic relief?

5+ Year Old Account
    Colour out of space, 3/10 what I was afraid it would be, this won't age well...

Color out of Space 5/10

A few minutes into the movie Nicolas Cage's character is kneeling a few inches next to a meteorite that crashed in his yard a few hours ago, uses his hands to shield himself from the stench, and says to his teen son who is kneeling next to him "I hope this isn't radioactive".

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfriended
    4/10

what a waste of time this movie was. Whoever through a movie about watching a computer screen most of the time could be interesting. Oh and throw in a horror element.