Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is disingenuous bullshit.
    Have you met Dacien yet? He could be given facts on a platter and still disagree with them. He is one to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    You need something to move the needle real hard is all I'm saying.
    It's called the truth, the fact you think Trump bribing another country to help him isn't huge then really nothing will satisfy you. There is nothing that could sway your opinion so at this point you're looking for the impeachment unicorn.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Does not matter if they are in constituencies already blue.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2020-01-23 at 10:20 AM. Reason: grammar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I don't know that it's a national impeachment emergency, no. The dirty laundry is out there, the worst of it is done. But I don't personally think it rises to the level of immediate impeachment and removal. The next election is literally months away, let's have a normal transition.
    The issue is that he needs to be removed becasue he's attempted to cheat his way to a win in 2020. The whole Russia investigation, him saying in the Stepanopolus interview that's he'd at least listen to foreign governments in terms of dirt on opponents, pressuring Ukraine, etc...

If someone is a known cheater, you don't put them back in the game to give them a chance to cheat the system.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    The issue is that he needs to be removed becasue he's attempted to cheat his way to a win in 2020. The whole Russia investigation, him saying in the Stepanopolus interview that's he'd at least listen to foreign governments in terms of dirt on opponents, pressuring Ukraine, etc...

If someone is a known cheater, you don't put them back in the game to give them a chance to cheat the system.
    Yep, go the Overwatch route, make sure that if they buy another copy after getting banned, that you ban them again.

How are the things Trump was impeached on, not worthy of removal from office, but using a personal email server is reason to imprison Hillary?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    How are the things Trump was impeached on, not worthy of removal from office, but using a personal email server is reason to imprison Hillary?
    Something that Jared and Ivanka are doing, technically. By using private email accounts to do government business on?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Something that Jared and Ivanka are doing, technically. By using private email accounts to do government business on?
    Yep. The Republicans want Hunter Biden so badly but will gladly ignore the Javanka situation that is literally happening under their watch. Bunch of hypocrites.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Yep. The Republicans want Hunter Biden so badly but will gladly ignore the Javanka situation that is literally happening under their watch. Bunch of hypocrites.
    It's just a different perspective. They don't come at their position by desiring to understand the facts and come to a comprehensive analysis thereof. That's not their desire or goal, unlike (I presume) yourself, or me.

Their fundamental desire is to gain more power and influence over their society. The truth is secondary; it's only relevant as it serves that first primary desire. It's why they'll attack Clinton for an e-mail server, and Hunter Biden for nepotism, even when those accusations don't hold up; those attacks fuel their potential to gain greater influence, and thus are righteous and good. And they'll ignore similar acts by those on their "side", because again, attacking that isn't helpful to the cause.

It's the same fundamental position of religious faithful; facts that contradict the faith are to be ignored or attacked; the faith is not to be questioned. At best, you can hope they might color their faith with the facts, but a direct challenge is going to lead to them picking faith over fact.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-...-biden-1483721

Republican Senator Mike Braun seems to have issues with...well...reality. This was a real exchange, and he tweeted about this personally as if it's a point of pride -

REPORTER: So you're saying that it's okay for a President to ask a foreign leader to investigate a political rival and withhold foreign aid to coerce him into doing so?

BRAUN: No, I'm not saying that's okay. I'm not saying that's appropriate. I'm saying that it DIDN'T HAPPEN.
    Just a small problem...Trump has called for Ukraine and China to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden...in public. In front of the White House. In front of cameras.

This is why people don't trust Republican Senators. Because they'll either blatantly lie despite easily discovered and contradictory evidence, or they're so ignorant that cannot be informed jurors.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/republican-...-biden-1483721

Republican Senator Mike Braun seems to have issues with...well...reality. This was a real exchange, and he tweeted about this personally as if it's a point of pride -

Just a small problem...Trump has called for Ukraine and China to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden...in public. In front of the White House. In front of cameras.

This is why people don't trust Republican Senators. Because they'll either blatantly lie despite easily discovered and contradictory evidence, or they're so ignorant that cannot be informed jurors.
    I think it's this part he's saying DIDN'T happen:
    withhold foreign aid to coerce him into doing so
    Unless they've got tape of Trump saying "I coerce you!" republicans will always find plausible deniability. (and even then they'd find a way to ignore it).

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congre...-cookout-lunch

Republican Senator Richard Burr was apparently handing out fidget spinners to his GOP colleagues.

Why?

Because sitting quietly for hours through an impeachment hearing is just so fucking boring. Won't anyone think of these poor Republican Senators, forced to sit and do something they don't like as part of their job? These poor, poor souls who are so burdened by responsibility that they're taking to out-of-fad teenage habits because they must be "entertained" at all times.

What's next, adult coloring books?

I can't wait for this to be over, maybe then they can all just focus on the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I can't wait for this to be over, maybe then they can all just focus on the country.
    Yeah, maybe Mitch can finally get around to putting all the bills the House passed up for a vote.

I don't really see what's taking the GOP so long to pass legislation.

This is focusing on the country.

7+ Year Old Account
    Getting a corrupt criminal out of office IS focusing on the country.

Besides, what is the senate going to do? Debate one of the bills that McConnell refuses to allow? Why aren’t you complaining about him?

Your honor, we have additional evidence against the defendant we found the murder weapon with his DNA and a video tape of him killing the person....We also have 11 witnesses who saw him kill the person

Republicans: NO NEW EVIDENCE!!! No Witnesses!!!! No testimonies!

Could you imagine how empty our jails would be if regular accused folks were allotted the same treatment and rights!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is focusing on the country.
    This does nothing and changes nothing in the country.

Not true in the least.

It gets the truth out there and will impact multiple elections.
    It won't impact everyone, but it might just impact "enough".
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Because of corrupt criminal supporters like you and the republicans. Better to air out the dirty laundry.

I’m looking for your posts condemning McConnell for not doing anything, but I can’t find them, can you help me?