Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Report then to blizzard. It’s against the ToS. I doubt anything will come of it though.

wtf people actually pay money for WA's? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    uhm...its blizzards rule that they need to be free?
    Patently false. Addons must be free, and they are. If I want to charge people $1,000,000 to tell them the exact RBG numbers I use to make my health bars so pretty, I'm allowed to do so. The same goes for other settings, such as a complex weak aura. As others have stated, this is the reason people like Zygor who's been in business for years or the people who repackage easily found information into gold guides/addon settings are able to do what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You should grow up and also get a job since it hurts your soul so much to support a streamer with 5 bucks.
    "Support a streamer"

Lol. Why people pay ANY amount of money to these guys, is beyond me. Most of the time you're "supporting" a basement dwellers habit of not having to get a real job. Not all streamers fall into this category, but many of them do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    Patently false. Addons must be free, and they are. If I want to charge people $1,000,000 to tell them the exact RBG numbers I use to make my health bars so pretty, I'm allowed to do so. The same goes for other settings, such as a complex weak aura. As others have stated, this is the reason people like Zygor who's been in business for years or the people who repackage easily found information into gold guides/addon settings are able to do what they do.
    I find this logic extremly flawed,the addon itself doesnt do anything on its own,the code should be considered part of the addon

I find this logic extremly flawed,the addon itself doesnt do anything on its own,the code should be considered part of the addon
    Well, I agree but it doesn't work that way. However, if you do purcase the code from a streamer there is nothing that stops you from sharing that code with anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's against the rules it really don't matter what you think about it. People selling addons can and should be banned extensively if nothing else, but for the sleaziness of it all.
    It's as if people agree to the rules and conduct but don't read what's actually in them. Then get shocked and upset when they don't agree with something they already agreed too.

Just like someone said, it is not illegal.

However, someone can buy from them. Then post it on the internet for everyone FREE.
    That is legal too !

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Doesn't change the fact they're profiting off the WA addon creator's work... and besides that, in WoW addons have to be free... so why should these lot get a pass charging for their 'work' within an addon ?

You're buying code, not an addon. It's like commissioning a coder/programmer to help you write code for your addon

Hence it's a gray area.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    dont like it? dont buy it. theres plenty of ways of getting the WAs without paying for them. paying for any addon/script is fucking dumb as shit and scummy.
    It was this guy who necroed it 8 months later. Ask him why he thought it was relevant.

The addon does do something on its own, it gives you options and you input the things you want it to do. Its much like UI replacements like Elvui or even MoveAnything. Neither does all that much if you don't set them up on your own. WA is no different.

I'm not defending them selling weak aura imports. I'm just pointing out that it is in fact in compliance with the TOS

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    The addon does do something on its own, it gives you options and you input the things you want it to do. Its much like UI replacements like Elvui or even MoveAnything. Neither does all that much if you don't set them up on your own. WA is no different.

I'm not defending them selling weak aura imports. I'm just pointing out that it is in fact in compliance with the TOS
    thats just factualy wrong,elvui changes the uit itself,its no longer the same,you dont need to do or add anything,mind you i dont care if people sell this,i just find it reasonable that it should fall on the addon rule blizz has