Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc they should like they should to polish 8.3 and 8.3.5 (as i know is canceled sigh). But they wount do it because of activison policy >< Cheers.

No. I think that yes, there is value to delaying stuff to polish the game, but as the old saying goes, "you can't polish a turd."

If Shadowlands is shit, it won't be due to lack of polish. It will be due to lack of a new class, lack of new playable races, lack of new features (order halls = the new house system, torghast is just visions), lack of an interesting story, lack of class growth and so on.

It won't be because torghast is buggy, or that rogues are unbalanced, or that a quest is bugged. Thats stuff they can polish. They can't polish the stuff that will break the game.

A great example of this is WoD. If you gave them another year, WoD would still be shit, because it was built on the idea of player housing as the main feature, which was doomed to fail the second it was conceived. Player housing is not a main feature. It is something you throw off to the side, because if player housing is your main feature, well, then its no longer an MMO, which we saw with WoD.

Ashran is another case. Sorry to say it, but large scale PvP just does not work. It does not work from a balance stand point and it does not work from a technical stand point, due to the fact that the second someone presses bloodlust even in a 30 man-40 man raid , the entire game lags. Then add in another 40 players doing the same.

These two ideas are turds that can't be polished.

Again, if Shadowlands fails, it will be because bad decisions were taken in regards to what the average player finds enjoyable and appealing, not because rogues were the bottom dps or DKs were too OP or torghast was too hard.

On top of this, its bad business practice. The only acceptable way they could delay their product would be if they allowed players to play for free from the moment of the previous promised release date (which is what, december 2020?) is passed, until the eventual release date.

Shitty design =/= than polished. Bfa was a polished expansion with very poor design choices. Unpolished is something like SWTOR or Wildstar games launching with critical bugs that detriment the gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    ...Should the WoW developers follow suit and take the time to polish Shadowlands before releasing it?...
    Absolutely, which is why it is not dropping for at least another 6 months. Without concrete proof that they are either behind schedule or plan to introduce DoA systems like Azerite Armor/ Warfronts/ Islands it is pointless to say put it off for another year. Precedence is not fact of current situation. Let's just wait and see what Beta has to offer before condemning the product as unpolished or unfinished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Cool I'll wait to beta before accusing them of rushing anything. When we have some measure of Shadowlands quality
    Found the fanboy. You're probably also the guy who says it's still beta 3 days prior to release and that there's still plenty of time to change things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hey, at least the fanbois have the excuse of being fanbois. What is the excuse of the people who keep saying "Don't buy it, it will be shit" - and then they are here year after year telling us how shitty everything is?
    I mean I think blizzard will drop the ball again but I still plan to buy it. Because the friends I have in the game make it worth coming back for, even if the game is getting progressively worse.

It hasn't quite tipped the scales yet to, too shit to make it worth staying even for friends. that said if we found a new quality mmo we enjoyed, we'd be there.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Found the fanboy. You're probably also the guy who says it's still beta 3 days prior to release and that there's still plenty of time to change things.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I think blizzard will drop the ball again but I still plan to buy it. Because the friends I have in the game make it worth coming back for, even if the game is getting progressively worse.

It hasn't quite tipped the scales yet to, too shit to make it worth staying even for friends. that said if we found a new quality mmo we enjoyed, we'd be there.
    Well no i haven't been subscribed throughout most of bfa. So not a fanboy. I just think talking out your arse is done. Also brave to mock others with the shadow pic....

Blizzard WILL ship Shadowlands by the end of the year since they state that on the pre-order page.

Under US federal law, if they're going to miss that date then they must contact every pre-purchaser and get their explicit permission to delay delivery. If the purchaser declines, or they simply do not answer, then Blizzard MUST refund their money (without being asked!)

That's not going to happen lol.

"If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise."

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...elephone-order

This explicitly applies even to purely electronic "merchandise" ordered through the Internet.

Just in case it wasn't mentioned already:

The delay of CP2077 was a decision made by the heads and the resulting crunch time now is not very liked by the developers. Developers want to work without any deadline at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Have u not played the last few expansions?
    It's called trolling. The poster is ignoring common sense so they can have a go at OP.

Why would they follow in the footsteps of a good company like CDPR when they're already walking in those EA footprints? I mean, don't you guys enjoy getting a half finished game that gets completed over the years until they announce another half finished game?

Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    News to me that Cyberpunk got pushed back. That's awesome! Probably a good thing since it'll be even closer to the release of the new consoles coming out. I'd say that was an extremely smart move.
    I can't find the report quickly(at work on my phone), but the pushback is largely to work on making the game playable on Xbox One. Granted, that will give the devs more time in general to clean things up, but I wouldn't expect massive improvements on the PC side, which I'm assuming would be mostly done at that point so they can focus on the console version.

- - - Updated - - -

As for Shadowlands, I don't think it's the same situation at all. Blizzard has already cutting BfA short in order to focus on SL anyway, and it's likely that will help clean things up similar to how WoD was cut off to make Legion better.

Either way it remains to be seen what state SL actually launches in. I'll withhold judgement until I see what's actually being launched.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    YES. Legion and especially BfA were unplayable at release, with many bugs and newly implemented systems needed heavy tweaking.
    I am quite sure I logged into both expansions (all of them, really) on launch day and played them. So... unplayable is a word, I think, that does not mean what you think it means.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpunk seems to be optimisation issues. Not Content. WoW hardly suffers from optimisation as much as a game like Cyberpunk. And before people start screaming about having bad optimisation in WoW. You having a potato Computer isn't Blizzards issue.

I personally find it quite insulting to even consider postponing an expansion that doesn't have a class, or a race.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Yes but Activision won't let it happen. 8.3 was supposed to be released in Feb but Activation forced it go to early, which is why you are seeing all those little bugs
    Little bugs? I see great big bugs. All over Uldum.

No need for polish. That crowd of addicts will p(l)ay and cry anyway.

Seems like a waste of money you're proposing.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Do you have a source for that?
    Of course he doesn't. It was originally intended for december, but they didn't want to release it over the holidays. The bugs would have happened either way.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    I personally find it quite insulting to even consider postponing an expansion that doesn't have a class, or a race.
    Why is that exactly? All the other content in the game doesn’t get instantly complete magically because they didn’t put in a class/race.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I am quite sure I logged into both expansions (all of them, really) on launch day and played them. So... unplayable is a word, I think, that does not mean what you think it means.
    If by "all of them" you mean all WoW expansions, then WoD would like to have a word with you...
    And of course BfA was technically playable. The gameplay was just so undeveloped and buggy, that you were not able to get the gaming experience Blizzard intented. May I remind you of the mythic+ old season chest incident? The fact, that the Horde got to equip all of their alts with raid-ready gear through the first Warfront, but when Alliance got their turn they removed the ability to farm said warfronts?
    Or other things, like the scaling issues in low level dungeons and zones. Is dire maul even fixed yet?

Sure, nothing that keeps you from moving around a character in WoW. But those are things, that never should go live. WoW is a extremely good game, maybe the best MMO ever created. But it has to be measured by it's own standards, and for WoW the start of this expansion was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Why is that exactly? All the other content in the game doesn’t get instantly complete magically because they didn’t put in a class/race.
    Because there is a different amount of work involved in adding in a class and, say, doing 5 zones and adding quests and factions for them.