Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I think that was an actual quote. But does anyone believe, that had Trump gotten Stormy pregnant, he wouldn't have paid for her abortion?
    That's what I was alluding to in my post above.

Breaking News: Pregnant women may be denied visas to the U.S. if officials think they're seeking citizenship for the child by giving birth in the country, the State Department said
    https://t.co/94EypXYmkF
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...951545350?s=19

Wow.!

Okay, many ways to look at this. Some can say that people who are intentionally giving birth for US citizenship is loophole and wrong. I can see it.

Now maybe this is a violation of the 14th Amendment? More this really seems to be discrimination to a woman just for being pregnant.

Way to garner the woman's vote.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...951545350?s=19

Wow.!

Okay, many ways to look at this. Some can say that people who are intentionally giving birth for US citizenship is loophole and wrong. I can see it.

Now maybe this is a violation of the 14th Amendment? More this really seems to be discrimination to a woman just for being pregnant.

Way to garner the woman's vote.
    This is a poor solution to a problem that does need an actual solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump says the US has this new virus "completely under control".

Just to remind everyone how much faith you should have:

Remember when he wanted to block off Africa during the Ebola crisis? Notice how this a far more communicable disease and far more deadly even with treatment. Not a peep about banning travel from China.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He went from being adamantly pro-choice to anti-abortion when he became the Republican nominee. Even worse, is he wants to jail doctors that want to perform abortions.
    "You have to punish the woman"- DJTrump in interview with Chris Matthews

So not just the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post

So not just the doctor.
    He backtracked on that part following criticism from even anti-abortion groups. But it speaks to his total ignorance of the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Remember when he wanted to block off Africa during the Ebola crisis? Notice how this a far more communicable disease and far more deadly even with treatment. Not a peep about banning travel from China.

So not just the doctor.
    just wait, when the first case hits a muslim country.....he will ban the brown as an excuse!! :P
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He backtracked on that part following criticism from even anti-abortion groups. But it speaks to his total ignorance of the topic.
    "Ignorance" is really letting him off the hook. Given his history "misogyny" is closer to the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "Ignorance" is really letting him off the hook. Given his history "misogyny" is closer to the mark.
    In this instance, I'll disagree. He's a sexist piece of shit, but this seemed more like him adopting what he thought were anti-abortion talking points, and actually were long ago. Because again, he's almost totally ignorant of much of the world around him, and we have continued reporting to this effect.

In this instance, I'll disagree. He's a sexist piece of shit, but this seemed more like him adopting what he thought were anti-abortion talking points, and actually were long ago. Because again, he's almost totally ignorant of much of the world around him, and we have continued reporting to this effect.
    his modus operandi is to push as far as he thinks he can go with something then let others decide what they find acceptable.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...gi-report-odni

Trumps ODNI is, unsurprisingly, not complying with the law. Specifically, a law requiring that they turn over reports on the Saudi assassination of Jamal Khashoggi to both House and Senate committees.

And reportedly, the ODNI won't even tell Congress why they've missed the legally mandated deadline to turn over this report.

Because again, this administration is hiding shit and corrupt as hell. This isn't "DEMOCRATS ARE BAD!", these committees include two Republican led Senate committees that are equally interested in these reports.

Nice statement! I totally agree.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/polit...ein/index.html

KERNEN: Tesla's now worth more than GM and Ford. Do you have comments on Elon Musk?

TRUMP: Well -- you have to give him credit. I spoke to him very recently, and he's also doing the rockets. He likes rockets. And -- he does good at rockets too, by the way. I never saw where the engines come down with no wings, no anything, and they're landing. I said I've never seen that before. And I was worried about him, because he's one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius. You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison and we have to protect all of these people that -- came up with originally the light bulb and -- the wheel and all of these things. And he's one of our very smart people and we want to-- we want to cherish those people.
    Trump is not well. This is a rambling, incoherent, completely batshit string of words.

He's does good at rockets.
    Engines with no wings!
    Why was he worried about him?
    Why are we protecting Thomas Edison, who has been dead since October, 1931?
    Does he think Edison invented the wheel? Or that the wheel was invented by an American?

These kinds of rambling, incoherent statements by Trump should be ample evidence to request a cognitive test to see if Trump is playing with a full deck of cards, because by all accounts he's at least a few suits short of a full deck.

Trump's comments on developing countries and the inventor of the wheel beggar belief.

Those are things I knew when I was 13 years old. The current President of the United States is literally less educated than 13 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Trump's comments on developing countries and the inventor of the wheel beggar belief.

Those are things I knew when I was 13 years old. The current President of the United States is literally less educated than 13 year olds.
    Prime candidate for "Are you smarter than a 5th grader".

I am not sure what the correct fix for this is but there is an entire industry in china for mothers of middle/upper class kids to head to various US territories or the US proper to stay for a few months and have their kids and then go back home. The weird thing with this behavior though is it has less to do with anchor babies or immigration than it is a tactic to purchase things and invest overseas. In china it is super hard to move your money around especially out of the country but having a US passport opens up options for sending money out a chinese only national would not have access to.

It seems like something maybe we should be preventing because it is just a weird form of tax avoidance/investment loop hole but I am also not sure how this behavior really hurts the US at all. The people who do this generally are pretty well to do money wise so its not like they are trying to abuse social services hell they for the most part don't actually want to live in the US at all. It's basically just for investing and a worst case scenario option for their kids for if the country implodes they have a different passport to use to get out of china if they had to.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I am not sure what the correct fix for this is but there is an entire industry in china for mothers of middle/upper class kids to head to various US territories or the US proper to stay for a few months and have their kids and then go back home. The weird thing with this behavior though is it has less to do with anchor babies or immigration than it is a tactic to purchase things and invest overseas. In china it is super hard to move your money around especially out of the country but having a US passport opens up options for sending money out a chinese only national would not have access to.

It seems like something maybe we should be preventing because it is just a weird form of tax avoidance/investment loop hole but I am also not sure how this behavior really hurts the US at all. The people who do this generally are pretty well to do money wise so its not like they are trying to abuse social services hell they for the most part don't actually want to live in the US at all. It's basically just for investing and a worst case scenario option for their kids for if the country implodes they have a different passport to use to get out of china if they had to.
    there's been a lot of noise in the trump/alt right train about eliminating birthright citizenship as a step towards "ethnic cleansing" of the nation, thats what it's really about.

I am not sure what the correct fix for this is but there is an entire industry in china for mothers of middle/upper class kids to head to various US territories or the US proper to stay for a few months and have their kids and then go back home.
    Updating birthright citizenship laws to end birth tourism while allowing pregnant mothers to still travel in the US.

The more sinister part is that apparent fact that they want to make sure pregnant women can pay for delivery if they're in the US...which speaks to how fundamentally broken our health care system is.

I believe part of the problem is when they are buying houses, and those houses sit empty while other people are struggling to find a place to live.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    I believe part of the problem is when they are buying houses, and those houses sit empty while other people are struggling to find a place to live.
    The amount of that happening is incredibly minuscule compared to the real problems of the housing market.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The amount of that happening is incredibly minuscule compared to the real problems of the housing market.
    I’m not saying you are wrong, it’s just one of the complaints I’ve heard.