Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    This. Tyrande and Malfurion don't have the plot hax that Sylvanas and Nathanos have.
    Malfurion is probably the character in entire warcraft with the biggest plot armor.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Far as I remember Nathanos legged it and Tyrande obliterated a Valkyr

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Of all the things to be upset about in lore this is far from even the most egregious thing they’ve done.

Tyrande in lore would be roughly equal to Nathanos anyways. They’re both regular mortals now. Well I mean ones Undead but still. Malfurion should have been able to annihilate him though.

But it’s all comical. That Bolvar cinematic made me cringe. I don’t care if he didn’t have Frostmourne. He still was the Lich King and he had the crown of dominion plus all the power of the undead. Yet a ranger general slash banshee manhandled him.

Don’t even get me started on Thrall. Due to the communities whining about how much he was featured in Cata they basically wrote him out. He’s the most powerful shaman practically and yet he can’t do shit anymore.

BFA lore just crushed me. I look at the new horde and I don’t even recognize it. Thrall, Sylvanas, Voljin, Cairne, Garrosh, Saurfang, all gone. Least we got the furry fetishized race though I guess.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos has been soloing Alliance noobs since Classic. Before that he was soloing the Scourge. If he ever got close to losing he'd feign death. I imagine he must be a master of escape by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    BFA lore just crushed me. I look at the new horde and I don’t even recognize it. Thrall, Sylvanas, Voljin, Cairne, Garrosh, Saurfang, all gone. Least we got the furry fetishized race though I guess.
    I miss most of those characters too, but

As many of stated its all thanks to Steve danuser who pretty much high jacked the character and said "he is me in the game" which is why you never see nathanos hurt in anything hes in and hes in almost all the BFA cinematic. And has one of the most cringe lines spoken in the game

https://imgur.com/FX4poT6

this is why BFA is a failure when we have writers like this behind the helm, who insert themselves into the story, and want them to be the centre of the story Nanthanos was a barely known character till Steve wrote Dark mirror, and made Nanthanos "Him self"

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    As many of stated its all thanks to Steve danuser who pretty much high jacked the character and said "he is me in the game" which is why you never see nathanos hurt in anything hes in and hes in almost all the BFA cinematic. And has one of the most cringe lines spoken in the game

this is why BFA is a failure when we have writers like this behind the helm, who insert themselves into the story, and want them to be the centre of the story Nanthanos was a barely known character till Steve wrote Dark mirror, and made Nanthanos "Him self"
    A neckbeard has escaped the basement / A turtle has made it to the water. That guy makes me physically cringe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I miss most of those characters too, but

For horde. Not so much for alliance eh? They lost... Varian. Even Magni at least is still in the story heavily and has been for multiple expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah but Malfurion isn't the writers self insert.
    Lmfao. I never get tired of posting this.

These are the types of people responsible for writing lore in Warcraft now. If anyone was confused as to why it's so shit and Sylvanas hasn't died yet.

https://imgur.com/r/wow/FX4poT6

- - - Updated - - -

Damn. You beat me to it.

These are the types of losers writing the story now. At least we know why it's so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Of all the things to be upset about in lore this is far from even the most egregious thing they’ve done.

Tyrande in lore would be roughly equal to Nathanos anyways. They’re both regular mortals now. Well I mean ones Undead but still. Malfurion should have been able to annihilate him though.

But it’s all comical. That Bolvar cinematic made me cringe. I don’t care if he didn’t have Frostmourne. He still was the Lich King and he had the crown of dominion plus all the power of the undead. Yet a ranger general slash banshee manhandled him.

Don’t even get me started on Thrall. Due to the communities whining about how much he was featured in Cata they basically wrote him out. He’s the most powerful shaman practically and yet he can’t do shit anymore.

Tyrande before Night Warrior empowerment would stomp Nathanos into the ground.

This needs to be re-iterated. Nathanos is just a human Ranger. Albeit he was a good enough Ranger to be allowed to join the elves but he's still a bow wielding cuck. He's also Undead now.

Tyrande is literally High Priestess of Elune. She can call stars down from the sky.

She would have curbstomped him before empowerment. Afterwards it's even worse.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh come on now. That is kind of absurd. Every writer has a favorite character. It’s human nature. At least Sylvanas is one the players have loved forever and isn’t a random new addition added at the last minute. And I personally thought Nathanos was one of the few cool “new” characters they’ve added in recent times. Rastakhan was far cooler but they killed him off and left us his extremely annoying daughter instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Lmfao. I never get tired of posting this.

These are the types of people responsible for writing lore in Warcraft now. If anyone was confused as to why it's so shit and Sylvanas hasn't died yet.

https://imgur.com/r/wow/FX4poT6

- - - Updated - - -

Damn. You beat me to it.

These are the types of losers writing the story now. At least we know why it's so bad.

- - - Updated - - -

This needs to be re-iterated. Nathanos is just a human Ranger. Albeit he was a good enough Ranger to be allowed to join the elves but he's still a bow wielding cuck. He's also Undead now.

Tyrande is literally High Priestess of Elune. She can call stars down from the sky.

Night Warrior empowerment is about as much plot armor as whatever “new powers” Sylvanas and Nathanos have. If you’re going to use it then you can believe the powers Sylvanas has that let her make Bolvar her bitch are also with Nathanos as he’s her right arm.

And being “High Priestess of Elune” is a title. Every Priestess of the Moon could call stars from the sky. Moonkin can too. We don’t know what that translate to in raw power which is why I rank her and Nathanos equal. But either way Malfurion could kill them all in seconds.

For horde. Not so much for alliance eh? They lost... Varian. Even Magni at least is still in the story heavily and has been for multiple expansions.
    I don't play favorites, we are way overdue with some leadership changes in the Alliance too. The Worgen heritage armor quest line suggests Tess may soon become racial leader. When Sylvanas meets her end (hopefully soon...) Genn's story will be complete and he can pass on.

Malfurion and Tyrande are WAY OVERDUE to die. Like, at least 5,000 years past their prime. Val'sharah and Teldrassil is enough proof night elves are in dire need of new direction. They're at a crossroads, this is the perfect opportunity to kill them both. If Sylvanas dies soon, Tyrande should go with her, and Genn.

I'm surprised Gelbin Mekkatorque didn't die in BfA, but that's what happens when you only have like one notable gnome character.

Oh come on now. That is kind of absurd. Every writer has a favorite character. It’s human nature. At least Sylvanas is one the players have loved forever and isn’t a random new addition added at the last minute. And I personally thought Nathanos was one of the few cool “new” characters they’ve added in recent times. Rastakhan was far cooler but they killed him off and left us his extremely annoying daughter instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Night Warrior empowerment is about as much plot armor as whatever “new powers” Sylvanas and Nathanos have. If you’re going to use it then you can believe the powers Sylvanas has that let her make Bolvar her bitch are also with Nathanos as he’s her right arm.

And being “High Priestess of Elune” is a title. Every Priestess of the Moon could call stars from the sky. Moonkin can too. We don’t know what that translate to in raw power which is why I rank her and Nathanos equal. But either way Malfurion could kill them all in seconds.
    Sylvanas' story arc ended when the Lich King was defeated and she committed suicide jumping off the top of Icecrown.

Yeah except we never see any indication that Nathanos is empowered. At all. He's just a walking corpse with a bow.

You rank a cuck with a bow on the same power level as a God empowered Priestess who can call stars from the sky?

Ok. I guess you're the target audience they're writing for now.

Tyrande and Malfurion are night elves.

Nathanos is an undead human.

Nathanos wins because he has that HUMAN POTENTIAL.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    How this person still has a job is mind-blowing. They made that Valkyr dying the biggest fucking massive deal ever and it was all for nothing? Ffs.

Sylvanas is easily one of the worst-written characters in the game's history. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a dumbass who can't put their cock down for 2 seconds to think the Mary Sue angle is dumb as hell. The entire intro cinematic to Shadowlands was the biggest crock of shit that just confirmed how terrible of a character she is and how awful the writing team is.
    They probably thought that Sylvanas Sue (Danuser's pet) might be offset introducing another Sue, in this case, Manduin (Golden's pet). The problem is that they didn't actually cancel each other off, but rather both came out reinforced.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Someone remind me, but wasn't the showdown between Nathanos and Tyrande+Malfurion changed between PTR and live because Nathanos was even more ridiculous that people complained about it?

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post

THANK YOU. Night Warrior Tyrande should have ONE-SHOTTED a scrub like Nathanos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Nathanos is cool. Tyrande is noob. Malfurion is noob. Noobs can't do anything to cool Nathanos.
    Pretty much this. Chadthanos hasn't got time for plebs.

Fine ill say it Steve Danuser is the Matt Ward of Warcraft
    Last edited by bowlink; 2020-01-24 at 03:14 PM.

Tyrande gained this power boost through a ritual, coming from a well-established powerful being in the Warcraft Universe.

Sylvanas gained this power boost through bluetooth, channeled by whatever invisible mean from a new being that ONLY wants more dead people, so that doesn't really make sense the Jailer empowered ONLY Sylvanas. His power doesn't need a relic, ritual or anything else apparently, so why not just empowering all the warmongering assholes on Azeroth (Sylvanas, Genn, Garrosh and all the Iron Horde (yeah dawg, the Jailer is here since the beginning of the universe), Kil'jaeden and literally everything from the Burning Legion, and you'll see the whole universe collapse in two days. But no, Sylvanas.

No but Nathanos is like a human ranger who was so good even a bunch of high elves thought he was great.

Obviously, Tyrande, made into Elune's avatar of vengeance couldn't hope to stand up to a creature of such magnitude.