Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    BFA has an extreme minority of players compared to even half what WoW was at it's height. There's a reason for that.
    A extreme minority would be like under 100k subs, if you think BfA is under a 100k then you're...well lets say silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    subs say otherwise
    Ah yes, the subs we have zero info about.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    You yourself admit that it's a small sample withing a very specific community, and present it as a strong argument for external validity? You should take a stats class, stats 101 is honestly fairly interesting, if you manage to survive it.
    We're all posting on the same forum aren't we? This is MMO Champ yeah?

He claimed someone else was a vocal minority. I provided him an example from this very website that he is. Since he is vocal too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I agree with OP 100%

Have you ever considered that YOU may be in the vocal minority?
    this right here is spot on,people dont usualy come out and scream that they like something,they do so when they dislike it,its why twitter sucks and affects stuff in media so much,a small very loud minority,yeah this xpac hasnt been great,and 8.3 started off as a buggy mess,but with all that fixed,its a pretty decent end patch content wise

5+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand any more chores. I will get AotC for N'yalotha and then unsub. The "maintenance costs" of my toons have skyrocketed in 8.3, and it doesn't look like I will be off the hook anytime soon to do what I actually like. It's frankly worse than the so dreaded Vanilla grinds - at least those aren't timegated to hell and back.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    what new zones? Oh you mean almost decade old zones they repurposed.
    Oh, so they did what you all have asked them to do for ages and yet you still bitch about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this right here is spot on,people dont usualy come out and scream that they like something,they do so when they dislike it,its why twitter sucks and affects stuff in media so much,a small very loud minority,yeah this xpac hasnt been great,and 8.3 started off as a buggy mess,but with all that fixed,its a pretty decent end patch content wise
    10:1 ratio of being vocal. For every 10 that voice complaints, only one will have praise. That doesn't mean there are 10 times more in the dislike pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    If there is was only a extreme minority that enjoyed the game I doubt there would be a game to play...
    Yet here we are
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I enjoy the zones, the rare farming, the mini quests, the mount camping, the raid, horrific visions, pretty much everything about the patch

except corruption, the end cinematic and how the story turns to absolute dogshit at the very end. Danuser couldn't sew story threads if there was a giant twinky at the end to wrap his greasy fat hands around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Yet here we are
    Here we are pretending the game has less subs than it does because people don't like it? Gotcha

I hated the Timeless Isle when it was current content and I hate all subsequent iterations of it. I don't think there's much else in this game I hate more than having to camp for "rares."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think there's definitely a lot of stuff to do in 8.3, lots of various activities - from hunting rares, to gearing up for Visions, getting reputation, and so forth. Not what I'd call a stellar patch, but insofar as keeping busy goes its definitely got things on offer. If this is your thing then yeah, I think you're really going to like it. The raid is also pretty fun, and I like the encounters and so forth from a gameplay standpoint.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Here we are pretending the game has less subs than it does because people don't like it? Gotcha
    Its not pretending , 8.3 is a shit patch to the worst expansion , or one of the worst expansions in the games history .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Psst, you're answering yourself there.
    Bigger psst, check WoW's population.
    Biggest psst, everyone else already quit playing because of how shit it is.

"I don't get it guys, every Republican I talk to is a Republican! Ergo, the vast majority of Earth's population is Republican. That's how things work, right?"
    And that folks, is how you attempt to pass off your opinion as fact, without having any fact to back up your opinion.

Unfortunately for you, I exist. He is not awnsering himself. He is simply providing anecdotal evidence to back up his statement. Does it hold up in a neutral arguement? No, but he has all the evidence he personally needs to know that the content he loves, is shared by his particular circle of friends.

Yes, WoW's population is low, perhaps the lowest it's ever been (I haven't bothered to check for numbers), but that is not a case for your arguement. That is simply people who no longer get an opinion to how this patch's content is, because they have not experienced it. You have to experience something if you want to critique it.

And to your third point, i'm playing, so you're already wrong. I get what you're trying to do. You want to emphasize how you feel about this game, by engaging in hyper-bole. But you're just engaging, instead, in sheep mentality. You either were told that the content is bad, or just want to see it as bad, and thus, you believe it so. You might at one point find yourself enjoying it, but then immediatly repress those feelings because your particular flavour of streamer or YouTuber told you it was bad, and you dare not form your own opinion that is contrary to theirs.

If you truly and genuinely feel this way on your own merits, however, then please, leave. There's the door. No one is forcing you into this abusive relationship, and I think I speak for most here when I say, we're tired of reading your bullshit.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Love it, but there should have been more of it. More revisited zones, more dungeons with Ny'alotha aesthetic, more N'zoth, more closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    And that folks, is how you attempt to pass off your opinion as fact, without having any fact to back up your opinion.
    I love it when people say things like that, never realizing that what they're saying is closer to: "Well, my 100% anecdotal evidence (that I pulled straight out of my ass, but shh) is wholly logical and scientific. Whereas tons of actual evidence is meaningless because it goes against my personal opinion, and anyone who brings that up is the actual dunderhead in the conversation." <puffs on pipe while wobbling head>

But hey, everyone you know in the game is playing the game! Imagine that!!!!!!!!!

I am having fun again for sure.
    Mmo-c haters gonna hate. I will play as long as it is fun, then play other games until Shadowlands prepatch. Easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Its not pretending , 8.3 is a shit patch to the worst expansion , or one of the worst expansions in the games history .
    I never said it was a great patch...but to pretend that WoW only has less than a 100k subs which to me is what "extreme minority" feels like, is silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    I love it when people say things like that, never realizing that what they're saying is closer to: "Well, my 100% anecdotal evidence (that I pulled straight out of my ass, but shh) is wholly logical and scientific. Whereas tons of actual evidence is meaningless because it goes against my personal opinion, and anyone who brings that up is the actual dunderhead in the conversation." <puffs on pipe while wobbling head>

But hey, everyone you know in the game is playing the game! Imagine that!!!!!!!!!
    Notice how he had to cherry pick that sentence against everything else. Because if he bothered to read more of the post, he would of seen that I call to attention the presence of Anecdotal evidence, and it's worth in a neutral conversation.

Not once in my post did I state anything clear as fact, or opinion. Just what is. The context that he lacks to explain or offer up counter reasons or contradictory facts. He just says something, and expects it to be taken as gospel.

Not once did he provide any evidence, and now, later on, he pretends that he already has.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Not once in my post did I state anything clear as fact, or opinion. Just what is.
    Doesn't matter one iota what you said in your post. You were defending the person who said "well everyone I talked to playing the game is playing the game! Derp!" So you, as a result, were agreeing wholeheartedly with him. Doesn't matter at all if you think you're being a hyper intellectual by double downing on the whole spiel, or what bullshit you're trying to convince yourself -- and trust me, you're only trying to convince yourself here -- of.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    subs say otherwise
    First, you don't know the sub numbers. Second, the sub numbers do not say otherwise. Even if the numbers were all time low, the majority of subs obviously enjoy it compared to those that do not enjoy it, since they would unsub. People here just enjoy being negative for no constructive reason. And no, it isn't cause blizzard doesnt listen to them. They all want very different things. I see people complain about rehashed zines, I've also seen people complain we have no reason to ever go back to old zones. It is lose-lose for blizzard if they tried to appease all the crybabies here.