Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    And here i thought people outraged because they actully cared about "Human rights" or what not.

Makes me smile that the majority agrees that it was all fake outrage just for attention.
    Because it was a fake outrage.

Blitzchung himself don't care about that drama. It's just random people grinding karma/internet points

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well there’s not exactly much we can do about the situation, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Why should we care about a dude who broke the rules.
    The rule was not specific. It was just "don't do anything from which Blizzard's reputation could suffer". Basically everything, including tattoos on arm, can be interpreted as breaking this rule.

But I agree that he just wanted to provoke the world.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Yea, Method should just forsake the hundreds of thousands of dollars in streaming, merchandise and sponsoring to make a statement.
    Meanwhile you sit at home and do absolutely fuck all, risk nothing, lose nothing and are absolutely not involved and face 0 repercussions/drawbacks.

Man, fuck Method for being so spineless.

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    Blitzchung personally said that he's okay with the suspension, and that he's glad he got his winnings. Take it how you will.
    Some people say that Chinese government forced him to be happy but that's a stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well there’s not exactly much we can do about the situation, is there?
    We can spam #freeHongKong until Blizzard blacklists our Twitter accounts. We can also sit on Reddit and post "ded gem" under every post. There are many useless ways of boycotting Blizzard. I recommend you to buy subsciribtion and flame of official forums.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    People are busy hating blizzard for something else atm sorry.
    Hahahahahaha so true.

Personally I think politics should stay out of gaming at all times. Keep gaming a neutral and fun place. So that guy deserved his ban for bringing politics into a gaming platform. I would expect a ban for anyone who was a Trump supporter using a gaming platform to express their views too.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Outside of gaming circles this was a nothing story. Of course people are going to forget. Most people have never heard of it.

I have no clue why you think Method should deprive themselves of streaming income. I don't imagine that Method thinks you have any clue either. Business is business.

If you don't want to pay the penalty then don't break the rules.
    Nothing story that garnered attention from the US congress....

I had this discussion with someone in another thread. Taken on its own its not that big of a deal. But added to all the other things that have happened in the past year and becomes a pattern.

I'll never understand why people are so quick to dismiss this stuff. You don't have to lose your mind and be an outrage monger to acknowledge it.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Guy, who broke the rules, got what he deserved...EVERYONE IN SHOCK (◉_◉ )
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Because most people really dont care a whole lot about stuff unless it affects them. The whole western society is about exploiting third world countries so we can have a really high standard of living. We go on living like this everyday. We dont care how our phones are made, aslong as they are cheap enough. We dont care were our Nike shoes come from, aslong as we get to buy them at a reasonable price.

This Blitzchung thing is serious, but on the internet its just another fad that internet heroes jumped on for a while. Then they move on by playing videogames and wait for the next big thing to rage about for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Nothing story that garnered attention from the US congress....

I had this discussion with someone in another thread. Taken on its own its not that big of a deal. But added to all the other things that have happened in the past year and becomes a pattern.

I'll never understand why people are so quick to dismiss this stuff. You don't have to lose your mind and be an outrage monger to acknowledge it.
    Oh my god, this. All those "fake outrage" crap posts made me cringe something awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

5+ Year Old Account
    Noone ever did. Anyway, the player didn't follow the rules and got rightly banned. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkantosChampion View Post
    Guy, who broke the rules, got what he deserved...EVERYONE IN SHOCK (◉_◉ )
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    Noone ever did. Anyway, the player didn't follow the rules and got rightly banned. Period.

Entire country that breaks the rules, everyone ignores it.

Come on man, I don't even need to know you at all to know that you're better than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Hahahahahaha so true.

Personally I think politics should stay out of gaming at all times. Keep gaming a neutral and fun place. So that guy deserved his ban for bringing politics into a gaming platform. I would expect a ban for anyone who was a Trump supporter using a gaming platform to express their views too.
    The problem with this stance is that even if you don't want to bring politics into gaming, the industry does.

China is a MASSIVE market that Blizzard badly wants to exploit as much as possible. Because of that they're going to be more willing to contort and bend their games and policies in order to fit the dictates that China places in order to operate in their nation. Blitzchung is a direct result of that. Diablo: Immortal is another. Etc.

Ignoring it doesn't mean it will go away, or cease its influence.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-01-24 at 10:59 AM.

Yup. Fake outrage is fake. It's like drama on MMO-Champion, there is new one every few weeks.

He was banned, because he broke the rules, simple as that.

The only bad thing that Blizz did is to fire the hosts too and ofc this happened around the time with that NBA's situation, but other than that his ban was completely justified.

Blizzard and their tournaments aren't a politics platform and they never should be ffs. They would've also banned anyone who brought politics unrelated to China as well.

Hey.

Personally i would've loved if Method did something like "We will not participate in the race until Blitzchung is unbanned" and see if any thing came of such a statement.
    he broke the rules

grow up kid

Next you ask why soccer players are not boycotting World Championships in certain countries. The answer is very simple: Money. Money trumps any kind of feelings offended.

Besides this was one of the many happenings lately that was blown completely and totally out of proportion and Blizzard even apologized in a big gesture on Blizzcon. Other companies would have done fuckall and just went about their buisness.

Everyone can see that it is incredibly cool at the moment to hate everything Activision and Blizzard are doing, no matter what it is. They could give people 3 month free sub and people would complain it is a cheap move and 6 month would be deserved after the "disaster" that is BFA.
    These people need to grow up, urgently, the world is full of people making mistakes and wrong decisions. It is just a sign of immaturity and bad character to constantly bring these up again to try to ruin the reputation and lifes of others.

It's so SJW to pretend to be outraged when it's on every social network but in the end nobody cares.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

Personally i would've loved if Method did something like "We will not participate in the race until Blitzchung is unbanned" and see if any thing came of such a statement.
    1. dude got all his money back
    2. blizzard apologized not once but twice, even at blizzcon
    3. his ban got reduced by half
    4. the casters who broke contract were suspended for 6 months instead of banned
    5. he still broke a rule, yes they went overboard on the punishment, but he still broke a rule, so he still deserves a punishment, and 6 months and thats it, is pretty AOK, especially since it allows him to join this years big tournoment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    No one gave a fuck about blitzchung, people just wanted to have some 15minutes of fame by hoping on the bandwagon and posting something about it.
    its funny cause i remember seeing hundreds of people sayign they would delete their account, who had obviously played a blizzard game maybe once.
    especially because the mass amount of people spreading the "Wow people are unable to delete their accounts, and blizzard is taking money from their accounts monthly without their perimission cause they cant delete their accounts!?"
    thats not how it works..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Did you not pay attention to BlizzCon? They apologized about the situation. They paid him his winnings. They shortened his suspension.

What else do you want?
    as many have made clear, they want blizzard to pull out of china and stop doing buisness there!
    nevermind all the innocent fans there who literally have nothing to do with this, but FUCK CHINA

it was always funny, when people turned mei into a hong kong thing "in hopes of getting overwatch banned in china"
    if i ever mentioned "But... like... what about the chinese gamers who get home and just wanna play overwatch, people there love it... so what if blizz has to be strict to allow people around the world to play their games, america and many other countries heavily censor media aswell, you will not beleive how badly america censors anything somewhat sexual"

i would get disliked bombed, and called all sorts of chinese racial slurs, along with "chinese shill, chinese bot, terrorist" etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Why should we care about a dude who broke the rules.
    God is great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean they compromised about as well as can be expected, attempting to lessen the damage without pissing off China either. I don't know what they could've done better in their shoes, and even he seemed OK with it.
    it had nothing to do with china.
    china has a very heavy hand, look to the NBA deal, where they tried to apologize, then china forced them to remove it.

if china had a hand in it, they wouldnt have apologized, they wouldnt have allowed the protests, and they wouldnt have returned his money and lowered his ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    It was a douchebag move by Blizzard and I lost a lot of the little respect I still had for them but I don't care anymore at this point.

Although I will say thanks to Blitzchung it has opened my eyes to how many companies in the US have their lips to China's ass and will protect them no matter the issue so they can keep getting money from them. The NBA and Nike were the big ones. I guess it was already kinda obvious, I just never realized how attached these organizations really are. Even the players themselves will say nothing bad about China.

It's really something seeing people who are probably mostly Trump haters and democrats defend a communist controlled country who oppresses it's own people because they want to be a free democracy. They'll defend communist China to protect their income despite knowing what the Hong Kong people are going through. Really tells you something about those people. It's all about money for them.
    Literally every company ever.
    idk if you know, but china is HUGE population wise, and pretty much every company owes china money.
    so we are in whats called a trade war, and china pretty much won a decade ago.
    so at this point, if china wanted, and they cut off import/export from the rest of the world, they could fuck over the economy of every single other country, to the point china would be the only country able to keep itself up.

you do not want to piss off china, cause china alone has the power to FINISH the trade war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    Gotta love the "keep gaming and politics seperate" crowd... always too thick to realize how badly their games are censored and designed to avoid offended China
    And designed to avoid offending america, or germany, or canada, or europe, or etc etc.
    idk if you know...
    but video games, media, etc
    are censored world wide.

- - - Updated - - -

And here i thought people outraged because they actully cared about "Human rights" or what not.

Makes me smile that the majority agrees that it was all fake outrage just for attention.
    The blitzchung scenario has nothing to do with human rights.
    everyone agrees human rights are good.
    but what we dont want is having political speeches forced on us when we are just trying to enjoy stuff.

if a guy started a speech during his interview about trump 2020 and how hillary needs to be locked up, that the mexicans are this and that, and that windmills cause cancer, would you be "yeah keep going buddy"
    if you say otherwise your removing his human right!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    The rule was not specific. It was just "don't do anything from which Blizzard's reputation could suffer". Basically everything, including tattoos on arm, can be interpreted as breaking this rule.

But I agree that he just wanted to provoke the world.
    and literally says "Dont bring up political things" etc etc.
    which is the rule he broke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good