Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Never change, MMO-C

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Back in mists we had a great sandbox known as timeless isle which helped with the content drought, as it was slow to grind back in the day (alone)

Now that we don’t have any sandbox with visions of nzoth patch, only instanced content, this drought will be even worse to play through, the instanced content it already being cleared. Thoughts?
    Its reused content, a new sandbox like nyalotha or something like that was in my mind
    LOL.

Timeless Isle was a reused Jade Forest.

After 3 weeks it was a boring shitfest noone wanted to do, stop praising it please. This time we have Uldum and Vale full with rare mobs, events and collectibles. Plus a ton of other things to keep you busy. Not saying it won't get repetitive and boring after a while but it's miles better than Timeless Isle. Oh hey, and we can fly too.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how the heck can this drought be worse than wod??HOW??you have m+,the assaults,horific visions,the uldum and vale zones are better than taanan,heroic warfront,pet battle dungeons if your in to that,alied races and new dk's to level,and no,im not saying all of this is some amazing and mind blowingly fun content,but how is it worse than wod that had far far less
    I was wondering the same.... plus wod was like 14 months of drought... this is going to be be only 8-10 with far more to do than just Tanaan and the raid....

I stopped giving a shit about tanaan as soon as I got flying (so like 2 weeks in), Uldum/vale will keep me busy for a long time since it's how you unlock visions and visions are fun and rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    LOL.

Timeless Isle was a reused Jade Forest.

After 3 weeks it was a boring shitfest noone wanted to do, stop praising it please. This time we have Uldum and Vale full with rare mobs, events and collectibles. Plus a ton of other things to keep you busy. Not saying it won't get repetitive and boring after a while but it's miles better than Timeless Isle. Oh hey, and we can fly too.
    Timeless isle was a new sandbox introduced at the last patch of MoP. Graphically, it did resemble many zones.

Visions of Nzoth has no new sandbox, only the visions are on existing zones.

there’s the difference

Timeless isle was a new sandbox introduced at the last patch of MoP. Graphically, it did resemble many zones.

Visions of Nzoth has no new sandbox, only the visions are on existing zones.

there’s the difference
    Timeless isle was jade forest with the exception of the yaungol world boss area which was a copy of the existing structure in tow long steppes.

Uldum and Vale are just as much a sandbox as Timeless isle, the only marked difference is the lack of world buffs and 8.3 having flying and therefore feeling smaller.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    I mean, Uldum and vale are now giant sandbox content zones with rares, treasures, mount drops etc. I am confused.
    Not any good rewards though, except getting some catch-up gear for your alts.
    Mother pus bucket!

It amazes me that Blizzard decided that the content in 8.3 is enough for a last patch before the new xpac. Maybe shadowlands is closer than we think? probably not.

Look at 8.2: It had mechagon, nazjatar. Two new & big zones. Lots to do. Dungeon. Raid. In 8.3 most is reused zones and 1 raid. Its like 8.2 should have been the 8.3 content(size of it).

So now the 8.2 is dead and obsolete while 8.3 content that is light are the main focus. Funny.

I don't like sand...

WoW has never had a sandbox. It's a theme park. Always has been.

Tbh, the future isn't looking that bad. We've got 6 months of this raid (which is about the most fun you ever get out of one), then the next expansion is due in August. That's better than it's ever been for a last patch. Anyone who remembers approximately a year at the end of Wrath, Cata, MoP and WoD knows exactly how bad it can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    You even playing the game? Despite not being new zones uldum and vale are sandbox zones.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    It amazes me that Blizzard decided that the content in 8.3 is enough for a last patch before the new xpac. Maybe shadowlands is closer than we think? probably not.

Look at 8.2: It had mechagon, nazjatar. Two new & big zones. Lots to do. Dungeon. Raid. In 8.3 most is reused zones and 1 raid. Its like 8.2 should have been the 8.3 content(size of it).

So now the 8.2 is dead and obsolete while 8.3 content that is light are the main focus. Funny.
    If we're talking about sandbox content, where main focus is to collect achievements, toys, pets, mounts, etc. it's "dead" only when you finish it. I've been doing Mechagon/Nazjatar daily from June to September (of course it took less and less time each day) and still has around 10% of stuff to fully complete it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Now that we don’t have any sandbox with visions of nzoth patch, only instanced content, this drought will be even worse to play through, the instanced content it already being cleared. Thoughts?
    There's Heroic and Mythic raiding, which, unless you're in that <1% who ride for World First, will give you enough to play (upgrading HoA, legendary cloak, gearing with M+). Plus, Uldum and Vale got assaults, rares, caches.
    There's a PvP score to achieve, there's M+ score (Raider.IO is a plague, but people like it), there are alts if you like.
    If people have a life, the content is more than enough; if you have 8+ hours per day to play, good for you, but honestly it's not a valid point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

Blizzard might make controversial choices, but they are not insane. They know as well as any rational human that no patch could ever hope to completely bridge the gap to 9.0 prepatch.

The more pertinent question is whether 8.3 was supposed to have more content in general, or whether it was cut down early in development to move Devs to Shadowlands.

Once you are done with 8.3 just take a break from WoW and play something else, I am sure even Blizzard would agree that having a post expansion drought is healthy for the game overall.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    This drought is gonna be far worse than WoD unless they give us a patch a few months into the tier (4-5 months)
    how?
    Wod's drought was 15 months...
    how would a BFA 8 month drought be worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    how can anyone be borded with so many classes? a lifetime is not enough to complete the game especially since there's 2 versions now

My remedy for this is just to take break and play something alse in the meantime while waiting for an expansion. Taking a break is also a great way to make sure you are not burned out.

Back in mists we had a great sandbox known as timeless isle which helped with the content drought, as it was slow to grind back in the day (alone)

Would you like to explain the difference between the "sandbox" of TI and Uldum/Vale?

This ideology that the Timeless Isle was so amazing is what is making the devs try to push a new Timeless Isle every single patch like it's some sort of recipe for success.

I'd say let them experiment with whatever they're passionate about; passion-driven creativity beats a failed copy any day, and BFA is an amalgamation of failed copies.

Its reused content, a new sandbox like nyalotha or something like that was in my mind
    You are making it sound like slapping the same content onto another palette would bear any other results...

I, for one, am not against reusing Uldum, since it was wasted in the 1st place.
    Most of the areas we have probably seen for a total of 2 hours back in Cataclysm anyway, where the entire zone was just a throw-away reference to an Indiana Jones movie.

You mean you already reached honor level 500? No? Get to grinding on those weekly conquest points!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.