Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    YouTubers say whatever they need to get that high viewcount.l
    Amen.
    {10char}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Classic. *evil laugh*
    "Bingpot" - Captain Holt
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Back in mists we had a great sandbox known as timeless isle which helped with the content drought, as it was slow to grind back in the day (alone)

Now that we don’t have any sandbox with visions of nzoth patch, only instanced content, this drought will be even worse to play through, the instanced content it already being cleared. Thoughts?
    besides the often mentioned funny mmo-c threads/directions above, the answer is simple:

the same way as wow always did. it just moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard revenue and margins have fallen markedly over the years, so I highly doubt this.

What was it that made you think this was true?
    Didn't they just say they had their best year to date?

EDIT: https://investor.activision.com/news...2018-financial

"Bobby Kotick, Chief Executive Officer of Activision Blizzard said “While our financial results for 2018 were the best in our history, we didn’t realize our full potential."

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Pretty much in the same spot (minus spending money on food like that :P ) - and especially since my in-game gold buys me game time. It really is a system I hoped for...ever since I made my first million with nothing to spend on. I don't have BMAH gambling money - and seeing that my 6 million in Legion / BfA could buy me a huge Dinosaur mount or 1,5 years of sub - I went with the latter.
    dont forget: only as long as some others are stupid enough to pay blizz 20 bugs for gold, so blizz can make 7 bugs profit out of nothing and you can pay your sub with tokens. but you can relax. this game has enough stupids for a looong time, so your subs/tokens are safe.

ofc i dont know how much it is healthy for the game when blizz sometimes makes more money with systems like that, than with subs, and you and 10.000 rich idiots play and finance the game. i assume you would not like that type of wow any longer. but hey, we are simple. we do not have high requirements. so i think it takes a while until we finally reach that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Didn't they just say they had their best year to date?

EDIT: https://investor.activision.com/news...2018-financial

"Bobby Kotick, Chief Executive Officer of Activision Blizzard said “While our financial results for 2018 were the best in our history, we didn’t realize our full potential."
    was ANY year not the best in history ?

i mean, ofc it was, when your goal is to only to scale upwards, regardless how much you have to milk the cow, sell cheap shit, use smart cash grab systems... oh wait, sorry, its that great gaming company blizzard, that make that well rounded high quality games. sorry, i forgot about who i talk.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-24 at 01:58 PM.

I mean there is A LOT of stuff to do but unlike bfa and legion blizzard is not hand feeding you the content and a lot of it is optional.
    So instead of logging in and going okay what dose the game want me to do today you can log on and go so what do i WANT to do today.
    You are free to do anything you want and you wont be severely behind everyone else.
    As long as you fill your zone bar along with doing the objective for both one minor and one major vision once a week.
    Then you are free to do whatever you want to do for the rest of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I think it's possibly even healthier for the game at this stage if people take the occasional break.
    It definitely is, one of my theories on why BfA was so poorly received at the very beginning compared to the average is Legion simply making the drought too short by heavily incentivizing players to go through the expansions 12 times for all the class mounts and time limited challenge mode skins.
    Players were simply burnt out when BfA started.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Take an occasional break? Are you crazy: take a break and miss out on a free mount! Can't do it.

It’s only fitting that the worst wow expac has the most profound drought of content at the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Why has the "sandbox" term suddenly gotten popular to use about WoW on this site? Never seen that term used here before now..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Almost exactly me minus Chipotle (not one within an hour of me). I leave the sub active, and level allied races or play the AH game casually. I have fun with 8.3 content on nights i am feeling antsy but i dont feel pressured to do any of it. Especially in my guild because we have 5 raid teams, and one does casual heroics that just slowly progress throughout the patch cycle. I have not missed an Ahead of the Curve and have not stressed over neck level or AP grind at all.
    Yeah, for all the bitching people do about the game and this and that, they forget how dirt cheap $15 a month really is. I mean, I still enjoy the game despite its flaws so that's why I keep it active even if some weeks I only log on a couple times that week, but it's still so affordable to stay subbed for when I do want to log in because I feel like playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much in the same spot (minus spending money on food like that :P ) - and especially since my in-game gold buys me game time. It really is a system I hoped for...ever since I made my first million with nothing to spend on. I don't have BMAH gambling money - and seeing that my 6 million in Legion / BfA could buy me a huge Dinosaur mount or 1,5 years of sub - I went with the latter.
    Very smart, it's an affordable game either way and better than a lot of console games out there that go for $60 a pop. I bought Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot and turns out the game is kind of boring. I'm not getting my $50 back, and I barely played it for like a day; it's just a reminder that I should appreciate WoW while it's still around. It really is very cheap for the abundance of content and replay value it has.

Back in mists we had a great sandbox known as timeless isle which helped with the content drought, as it was slow to grind back in the day (alone)

Now that we don’t have any sandbox with visions of nzoth patch, only instanced content, this drought will be even worse to play through, the instanced content it already being cleared. Thoughts?
    Timeless Isle was Rare farming plus certain events randomly spawning with a daily lockout, plus some dailies: kill X rares, kill mobs for loot. Or farming in general for a currency.

Uldum&Vale could be described using the same terms, except there are less Rares with specific loot. I bet most don't have "cleared" Nazjatar&Mechagon in that regard yet (not counting those that hardcore farmed them or multiple chars per day, if you knock content out faster than intended, you can't complain about content drought) so there's still much to do. Otherwise, many have conplained about the slow patch release schedule, but on the other hand, now there's less time until the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yeah, for all the bitching people do about the game and this and that, they forget how dirt cheap $15 a month really is.
    I probably spend more a month on indie games on the Switch that I then barely play
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I probably spend more a month on indie games on the Switch that I then barely play
    No kidding, I've spent more in one weekend on Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 getting all the DLC than I would have six months of game time with a free mount.

Heavens... just play the game. Timeless Isles hav not been that rewarding for a long time.

If you don't really raid, do instances or anything like that there is more than enough old content you can do and collect stuff. PvP is timeless. No Raid, Mythic+ or PvP means you don't really care for progression (powerwise) so any content in the game is suitable.

I actually never did timeless isle because I thought it was shitty. I preferred Tanaan Jungle to Timeless Isle personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I think it's possibly even healthier for the game at this stage if people take the occasional break.
    I said much the same thing in the thread asking about how we are going to spend our time between now and Shadowlands. I enjoy the game more for having an occasional two or three month break. I think the people that play every day all the time and feel some sort of need to not fall behind are ruining their experience. But that's on them. We're all different.

This forum needs to get over the idea that Blizzard should expect everyone to play 365/12 a year. I don't think they do and likely never have. That's one reason why it's so easy to leave and come back later.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

8.3 zones are literally the definition of sandbox incarnate. No idea what this OP was smoking

"Sandbox" is a cool name for "no content".

Tbh if you want to camp Huolon 2.0 there's plenty of these in the invasions (rares that have a chance to drop mounts or toys).

Less people will play during drought but they will get huge profit on expansion launch.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I see it as an offset that the sub price has not been raised in my country for 15 years. I also see it as price for a safe transaction - but ofc you are free to call me a "rich idiot" (although that is non-sensical...as I said I don't buy the tokens at 20 Euros - and honestly...spending 50 cents per day in a video game now defines people as "rich"?) and wish the times of gold sellers back.

Whatever the term "healthy for the game" means in this context.

But hey...you have found your publisher to hate on for what they do and how they make their money. Personally I think there are worthier subjects in the world and I still continue to enjoy reading your posts. They are of the more coherent kind on this forum.
    you should read more carefully. i never said YOU are one of the rich idiots, because you are the one that profit by the fact that rich idiots buy gold for 20 bugs. otherwise there would not be any token in the AH you can buy.

next time plz read what ppl wrote, before putting stuff in other ppls mouth, like an attack against you that never existed.

the whole thing was meant funny and foremost sarcastic. whatever...