Skitra Phases -- discovery that may lead to auto-solve?

I noticed in the logs that the red/blue teams are combat log split during the phase, so you cannot see the DPS from your raiders on the other team. This leads to inaccurate numbers that are going to randomly skew data on WCL. But whatever, turn off allstar points there.

Something interesting that may matter... some forms of AOE/cleave go through the two team phases. Stomp for BM hunter pets, as well as sunfire/solar wrath/lunar strike for boomkins. It seems that it essentially cleaves on itself -- you hit your phased version, but the cleave also hits the one in the other phase. This means a few things:

1. Cleaving the boss will get out of phase faster -- might matter on mythic.
    2. In theory you could have 4 BM hunters and have each send their pet at one of the clones and auto-detect which is the right one.

Solving it is easy with raid markers, sure, but automatic solve is good too.

Anyways, I don't really have anywhere to go with this information, so figured some might find it useful or interesting.

Edit: looks like almost all AOE goes through if ground based. Like tank DH sigils, for example. And thrash for feral druids, which you wouldn't think is ground based but maybe?
    Last edited by bullseyed; 2020-01-23 at 04:58 PM.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

So basically if I death and decay the correct mob I might end up damaging it twice correct? How does this speed up finding the correct mob though? I assume you'd have a bunch of people all use AoE on each mob to find which one has the damage twice (via a WA ofc)? The issue with that is having everyone attack a different mob to find which abilities hit twice and random image spawns (well lots of different spawn points) cuts out the ability to have it predefined. I guess you could have a priest on each side of the room use Halo?

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    So basically if I death and decay the correct mob I might end up damaging it twice correct? How does this speed up finding the correct mob though? I assume you'd have a bunch of people all use AoE on each mob to find which one has the damage twice (via a WA ofc)? The issue with that is having everyone attack a different mob to find which abilities hit twice and random image spawns (well lots of different spawn points) cuts out the ability to have it predefined. I guess you could have a priest on each side of the room use Halo?
    It could speed up finding the right mob because you'd have 2 combat log entries for hitting the same mob versus one. A weakaura could be written to detect that.

I don't know if death and decay specifically works, but let's say it does. You could DnD one of the mobs and a weakaura could give you a yes/no if it is the right one. Have 4 people do that, each attack a different one, and tada!
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.