Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Diablo: Immortal is another. Etc.

Ignoring it doesn't mean it will go away, or cease its influence.
    I'm still trying to understand what is soooo bad about a Diablo mobile game? Anyone who had Common Sense knew it would never replace the mainline Diablo games but exists as an extra Diablo game to play.

I didn't like that they announced a mobile game at Blizzcon and didnt say a word about Diablo 4 when we all knew it was in development... That was a shitty thing to do.

But to have all this hatred towards the mobile game makes no sense... Yet i don't see the same energy against the Path of Exile mobile game?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Nothing story that garnered attention from the US congress....

I had this discussion with someone in another thread. Taken on its own its not that big of a deal. But added to all the other things that have happened in the past year and becomes a pattern.

I'll never understand why people are so quick to dismiss this stuff. You don't have to lose your mind and be an outrage monger to acknowledge it.
    you mean when the US congress finally paid attention after it was all over, when they sent a letter saying "please return his money and shorten his punishment"
    after blizz had done that days before hand?
    also are you really being high and mighty with US congress?
    Pretty sure those people have been a joke for a good long time with how sad they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    He was banned, because he broke the rules, simple as that.

The only bad thing that Blizz did is to fire the hosts too and ofc this happened around the time with that NBA's situation, but other than that his ban was completely justified.

Blizzard and their tournaments aren't a politics platform and they never should be ffs. They would've also banned anyone who brought politics unrelated to China as well.
    The hosts broke contract, and did literally what they were not supposed to do.
    imagine a doctor was hired to save a patient, and instead killed them.
    would you be mad if the hospital fired them?
    no of course not.

the dudes did the complete opposite of what they were hired to do, and they got fired, that is how the world works.
    mess up an operation and the patient dies, ok whatever you failed, it happens.
    grab the scapel and slit the patients throat then stab out their eyes, yeah no your fired.

their job is to keep the interview on track, and to make sure nothing goes wrong. these guys ENCOURAGED him to go off track. they didnt say "can we please stay on track?" they said "Say your words then we will end the interview" ducked under their desks laughing as blitzchun said his stuff.

you dont go to mcdonalds, burn all the burger patties, then riot when they fire you.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-24 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the dudes did the complete opposite of what they were hired to do, and they got fired, that is how the world works.
    mess up an operation and the patient dies, ok whatever you failed, it happens.
    grab the scapel and slit the patients throat then stab out their eyes, yeah no your fired.
    As much as I agree with the overall message, this is just the worst use of analogies. You're describing murder, a criminal offence. That's a far cry from hosts being potentially unprofessional.

Yes. Blizzard is real cool and haven't done anything wrong

Liberate gilneas, the revolution of our time

People didn't care then, they don't care now. It was just a convenient excuse to shit on blizzard at the time. Now they got something else to shit on blizzard about

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    It was a douchebag move by Blizzard and I lost a lot of the little respect I still had for them but I don't care anymore at this point.

Although I will say thanks to Blitzchung it has opened my eyes to how many companies in the US have their lips to China's ass and will protect them no matter the issue so they can keep getting money from them. The NBA and Nike were the big ones. I guess it was already kinda obvious, I just never realized how attached these organizations really are. Even the players themselves will say nothing bad about China.

It's really something seeing people who are probably mostly Trump haters and democrats defend a communist controlled country who oppresses it's own people because they want to be a free democracy. They'll defend communist China to protect their income despite knowing what the Hong Kong people are going through. Really tells you something about those people. It's all about money for them.
    Aah the usual "omg you are pro china if you disagree with me" statement.. JUst don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    As much as I agree with the overall message, this is just the worst use of analogies. You're describing murder, a criminal offence. That's a far cry from hosts being potentially unprofessional.
    They literally did the 100% exact opposite of what they are hired, and contracted to do.
    like how a doctors job is to save lives, not end them.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Personally i would've loved if Method did something like "We will not participate in the race until Blitzchung is unbanned" and see if any thing came of such a statement.
    HAHahahahahahaahahahaha XDDD

I forgot about him 5 seconds after tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They literally did the 100% exact opposite of what they are hired, and contracted to do.
    like how a doctors job is to save lives, not end them.
    A criminal act is not equatable to someone breaking terms of contract, sorry but there's just 0 equivalency there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt forget no, but they shortened his suspension, adressed it at the start of the last Blizzcon, and admitted to handling the whole thing all wrong. That's pretty okay results.
    Not sure what you expect from us, OP.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    No one gave a fuck about blitzchung, people just wanted to have some 15minutes of fame by hoping on the bandwagon and posting something about it.
    Exactly. All the faux outrage and attention whoring of look at me boycotting a company was pointless and did nothing to help the actual cause. Selfish and non sacrificial attempts to be seen or appear "woke" is all ot did.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Didnt forget no, but they shortened his suspension, adressed it at the start of the last Blizzcon, and admitted to handling the whole thing all wrong. That's pretty okay results.
    Not sure what you expect from us, OP.
    I don't really think there's any expectations per se, just more flogging of a dead horse.

post match interviews are not the gamers personal soap box to air political grievances. Sure most westerners think China are sketchy but what if had aired anti hong kong sentiments or pro North Korea opinions ?
    Blizzard did the right thing, if somewhat clumsy.

Forgot, yes. After-all, I don't know the person personally, why would I remember what some random did months ago?

You know, I'm curious what people views are on things like this. Terms that say 'you cannot post disparaging reviews of our service/product', etc. In other words 'you may only ever say good things about us, don't cross the line, etc'.
    Last edited by alturic; 2020-01-24 at 03:32 PM.

Most disgusting part is, which someone already mentioned, how some want to deny innocent citizens of China playing what could be their favorite game because of their own crusade. The egomania some people have is ridiculous.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

Personally i would've loved if Method did something like "We will not participate in the race until Blitzchung is unbanned" and see if any thing came of such a statement.
    It wasn't even that big of a deal to begin with anyway. Blown way out of proportion. Do i agree with what he said? Yes. Do i agree with Blizz how they handled it? Also yes.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know, I'm curious what people views are on things like this. Terms that say 'you cannot post disparaging reviews of our service/product', etc. In other words 'you may only ever say good things about us, don't cross the line, etc'.
    That's a non issue considering that gets covered by consumer rights. The ability to make political statements during game tournaments are not covered by consumer rights, and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    It wasn't even that big of a deal to begin with anyway. Blown way out of proportion. Do i agree with what he said? Yes. Do i agree with Blizz how they handled it? Also yes.
    ^This. Yes, I support Hong Kong... however, telling me I should in the middle of watching a video game tournament... yeah go right the fuck home with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Scandals are like fire, they will eventually burn out.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?