10+ Year Old Account

End of world quests and return of daily quests?

In 8.3 i didin't noticed, there is emisarries for reps in Uldum and Vale Of Eternal Blossoms. Maybe it is too early to call it, but if not.

In Shadowlands Blizz end world quests idea, and bring back daily quests?

But World Quests IS Daily Quests except that you don't have to go to a hub to pick them up or complete them, and refreshes at different times instead of during the daily reset

It'll probably continue to be a mix of both, as it has been in the last two content patches. And as said above, WQs and Dailies are not all that different, repeatable quests on a reset timer, only some variables differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    But World Quests IS Daily Quests except that you don't have to go to a hub to pick them up or complete them, and refreshes at different times instead of during the daily reset
    Would prefer WQs if they reset daily to a 24 hour rotation instead of these silly 6, 12-18 and 24+ hour ones we currently have...

I hope not. WQs are much better as you can see the reward on the map, they vary and aren't always the same every day and they skip 2 annoying extra steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Would prefer WQs if they reset daily to a 24 hour rotation instead of these silly 6, 12-18 and 24+ hour ones we currently have...
    Nearly all BfA WQs are 24h duration. A few are longer, and very few in Nazjatar are shorter.

For that matter, both Uldum and Vale do have WQs, they just don't show up on the world map.

WQs have a big advantage over daily quests, in that they don't take up space in a quest log. When I'm working through Legacy content (especially in BC), quest logs can get really full. I can return to doing world quests without disruption. Daily quests usually require dropping a few quests to hold them all in the log. At least the recent daily quests only take up three to four slots, unlike Mechagon (that zone was painful quest-wise!).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think a mix is good. I prefer world quests though because they don't take up space in ya quest log

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    In 8.3 i didin't noticed, there is emisarries for reps in Uldum and Vale Of Eternal Blossoms. Maybe it is too early to call it, but if not.

I don't think there are WQs in Uldum and Vale for the same reason they aren't in Mechagon, so they don't wind up in the emissary rotation.

I prefer it this way, I like the hubs better than the WQ zones. My main issue with WQs are it's just an area on the map, you fly there and do a thing and you are rewarded and fly away. I still think this is an RPG, I like being given the quest and going to turn it in.

What I do like the WQ system for is world bosses and other hard fights that pop up around the map. If the system could be dynamic and and applied where a WQ icon lights up when a rare spawns or a particularly hard event, I'd love that.

Basically, I like the concept of the system but I dont like that they've been used as a way to further QoL rpg elements out of the game.

In Uldum and Vale Assaults are Emissaries, events around the area are WQs. Events just don't show up on the map (probably some dunce wanted "exploration" in the world) but have collective progress so you don't have to kiss all 10 squirrels yourself and don't have to group up.

Interestingly i noticed in 8.3 that there are what one would normally consider world quests in Uldum and Vale.
    The small mini-events where you squash N'zoth eyes, or destroy an unearthed keeper are basically World quests without a specific reward and without being on the map. They still give gold, currency and rep.
    All this makes me wonder if Blizzard is planning a fairly hefty rework of the basic World Quest system. Emmisaries specifically. With them beign on 3 day rotations i could absolutely see them working the same way as Uldum and Vale where instead of having to do 4 World quests you instead get random invasions where you simply fill a bar in 3 random areas.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Then they would need to give more rep.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, and yes. That's what I'm betting.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think there should be a mix. World quests can be the "fill up a bar" stuff, but there should also be daily quests that actually have you interact with an NPC/lore figure. World quests just feel so mechanical and recycled because they are nearly always the same. Daily quests had more variety and were themed better. Serpent dailies were completely different from Shado-pan dailies which were completely different from the Mantid dailies etc. You maybe had some basic quests, but once you finish those you get a big boi quest to finish it out like the giant bug vehicle quest or the bombing run on the Yaungol. Blizzard forgot that dailies used to tell a story.

Also, I loved having the different bodyguards in the Shado-pan dailies. Don't know why blizzard never tried that again. Especially the rogue panda one. Was awesome being able to do those dailies in stealth as a paladin.

TLDR: Panda dailies that had more story mixed with events and "fill up a bar" world quests.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-24 at 05:53 PM.

They said at Blizzcon they are going to overhaul the World Quest system. World Quest 2.0 they said it would be.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

I really hope not, 8.2 and 8.3 really showed us how big a step back Dailies are compared to WQ's.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I think we can say for certain that there will be repeatable quest content in Shadowlands. That's been the status quo for endgame content since TBC. Whether it takes the form of dailies or world quests, it doesn't really matter in terms of gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account

There's not enough difference to matter. Personally I prefer more variety than a daily rotation to do six of 18 quests that repeats every 3 days for months. Perhaps you think that's nirvana, I dunno. I don't know why they shouldn't do both.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I mostly only have time to do emissaries on my 4 active characters, I have almost no time to do the assaults sadly. I only have the legendary cloak (rank 2) on one character, and I have not completed the campaign on another. Two others didnt started it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like world quests. I don't need to pick them up. They switch out at different times so I can get more in if I have the entire day to play. The biggest problem with dailies is picking them up. When the Major assault was in the Vale you had dailies in two opposite ends of the zone. Or in the middle. So you would be flying over a lot of content that could count for the daily (like rares, or eyes, or chests) and not be able to get it because you didn't get the quest yet.

They could easily mix the two. Daily quests have the power of being in wider areas. As most world quests are limited in the area they cover for the zone. Instead of dailies have a task list. Where we can do X tasks and turn them in for the reward. But we can always be working to the fill that bar where ever we are. So a chest looted in Drustvar would count the same as Uldum as an example.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."