View Poll Results: What do you play in WoW?

Voters
501. This poll is closed
  • I'm male and play male characters

110 21.96%
  • I'm male and play female characters

74 14.77%
  • I'm male and play both

274 54.69%
  • I'm female and play male characters

3 0.60%
  • I'm female and play female characters

22 4.39%
  • I'm female and play both

18 3.59%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other, play Female.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

My main is a male and my alts are all coin flipped.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guy here, I play both. I used to have more female Characters, mainly Humans, because I thought their weapon animations looked cooler and the Human Male looked very poor before the model updates. However they made Human Males look better to me and I had a few characters go Male when that happened. Most armour sets look designed for Human Males IMO.

I don't like Worgen Female. Night Elf Males don't have symmetrical shoulders and it bothers me, so only my DH is one. Draenei Female look cooler than the males, they look oddly proportioned to me. I wanted to make an Orc Female but their screeching voices on Weapon swings is horrific.

I do have close to 50 characters on my main account so I'd think it strange if they were all one gender.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    90% Male on most games I play

I simply don't feel too attached to a female avatar
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Out of my 12 max level characters only 2 of them are female. They are a human and blood elf female because I don't see the point in rolling a male human-like character while I'm already one IRL, and I really don't like robes on males with the exception of male undead.

I like to play things that I'm not irl, so I main Horde, play all the Horde races, about half are male and half are female. In games where I can only play humans, I'll go with the female. If I can play multiple characters, like in the Sims, I'll make successful characters.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Male. I play both.

It depends entirely on things like casting animations, whether the chosen race is male or female.
    Thread summed up right here.

For casters I generally play female characters and for melee I tend to play male characters strictly because of the animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    There are probably other polls about this. But we need an updated version.

I'm male and play both evenly I would say.

How about you?
    Depends on the class.. I prefer male for my Orc warrior and female for my spellcasters... sets just look better

10+ Year Old Account
    Male, I mostly play female characters in WoW. Undead is the only only male race I like, but I'm Alliance now. In other games/RPGS, I play both depending on the character creation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female, most of my characters are female but I do play some male characters as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Male playing females because they end up looking better.

I don't like roidy-looking male characters either so that rules out many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I feel like you lose the right to say what looks better when you're rocking mogs like this
    Beats all the Slut mogs out there though!

I’m male and mostly play female characters. I generally like their hairstyles more and I like that they’re less bulky (and don’t have insane shoulders).

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    That's very true, I'd take cow farmer over cow in a bikini any day
    Cow in a bikini? That's like date and a meal in one!

if i can't make it somewhat like me i'll still roll a male most of the time and just try to make it look cool.
    trying to sexualize my character just doesn't feel right.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

/10char

I'm a male and I play male characters. I project myself into them. I don't know if or how women think. Whenever I try female alts I drop them fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Myselfe.

Male.

I have many many alts but only ever had one female char that I made when I was 14 back in vanilla for.... Reasons.

I'm surprised by the discrepancy between males to females in the poll results. Only 14% of the players who voted are female.