Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Why am I doing all this grinding anyway? It'll just be worthless and reset soon.

Am I grinding for hours just to increase my dps for a single patch, to play dance dance revolution in a raid while pressing a few buttons on my bars, just to do it all again next patch?

It just seems so pointless. It's like cookie clicker, just some pointless numbers. At least in cookie clicker they aren't reset every few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe mmorpg's arent a gerne for you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

every mmorpg is a grindy game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Am I grinding for hours just to increase my dps for a single patch, to play dance dance revolution in a raid while pressing a few buttons on my bars, just to do it all again next patch?

It just seems so pointless. It's like cookie clicker, just some pointless numbers. At least in cookie clicker they aren't reset every few months.
    This has happened in every patch since WoW began. It took you almost 16 years to figure it out.

Grinding used to feel a lot more rewarding, so it felt less like a grind and more like your actually playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Grinding used to feel a lot more rewarding, so it felt less like a grind and more like your actually playing a game.

Exactly, it now feels so pointless. A good, rewarding and meaningful game makes you immersed and absorbed into the game. At this point I'm always thinking on a meta level, looking at my life, what the hell am I doing pressing a few buttons for a timegated and boring grind for pointless rewards.

I can see this thread really going places.

If you're not having fun, just quit. You don't need to post about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nah this is new.

Back in the good days, epic gear meant something and lasted. Even when new raids were released, particularly powerful items would still be best and worth persuing.
    In Vanilla it was this way a little bit, but even back then nearly every new raid would replace the majority of your gear. Starting in TBC outside of maybe trinkets you'd absolutely replace 95% of your gear every new raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I can see this thread really going places.

Dude, quitting without asking for validation from internet strangers is illegal. Haven't you heard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Except it never did, it was just new for most people, so they felt like "playing a game". But it was always grind, people are just now catching up, after doing it over and over and over again, for so many years.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

That's why I'm not grinding for the cloak and corrupted gear, I diverted my attention to level more alts and characters, a part of the game I still find fun!

Nah this is new.

Back in the good days, epic gear meant something and lasted. Even when new raids were released, particularly powerful items would still be best and worth persuing.
    Remember when that happened in Legion with legendaries and that one world boss trinket and everyone was furious about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Thats kinda how I feel about retail right now in terms of essences :\

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why people feel the need to share their dumb opinions with strangers. Oh well..
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Remember when that happened in Legion with legendaries and that one world boss trinket and everyone was furious about it?
    The problem with this was less so the items and more the way you acquired them. You'd have one chance every 2 months at an Arcanocrystal until Broken Shore and Argus added the purchasable random roll items, but even those were awful. Legendaries were similar, huge amounts of RNG and farming and if you got unlucky you got shit legendaries, and for a lot of classes only like 2-3 were good, the rest were garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda agree, I mean raiding has become quite stale to me.. it's always the same

Though I can't really think of any way to make it feel different and new.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why people feel the need to share their dumb opinions with strangers. Oh well..
    I'm not sure why people who call names to others for giving their opinions on a public forum come to MMOC. Oh well...

More on topic: yes, this 8.3 feels pretty crappy. I won't be bothering with this !@$% for too long, then I'll be back to Classic. Or maybe I will quit WoW altogether, who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in the days i would go kamp myselve in Varka Barracks in Lineage 2 and be there for days.
    I dont mind a little grind. Would have loved even some more in WoW.

Nah this is new.

And this is still true.

Font of Power is still going to stay ridiculously strong. Coral too at a quick glance for melee specs.

And from before that, Sliver was ridiculously strong for a while, along with the trinket from Uu'nat.
    And there was the agi trinket from the Loa fight in BoD, the razor claw that was still used too.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Never mention arcanocrystal so casually.

Poor specs who got stuck with the basic one for nearly the entire expansion, pretty sure Balance was one of those specs that it was just too good for.

And then they stuck it as one of the trinkets you could get by buying the trinket token in Argus.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is love?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    You progress to be powerful now, not forever. If that's boring for you then MMO's aren't for you, it's pretty simple
    nope ur wrong, mmos never used to be to the degree wow is now