Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Yeah 15 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

You are right

It takes only one day now
    fucking lmfao

I definitely understand you, brother. You're slowly getting to the point we all must get to at some time when it comes to WoW and vide games in general. It's time to let it go, put it down, and go into the real world and live life. Focus on the things that matter. Too many people try to hold on to world of Warcraft. We've played it for so long that it just becomes a part of us and it's hard to let go. You're now feeling the part where you're close to letting it go. I'm here to tell you bro that's it's right to let the games go and go ahead and start grinding in real life. Focus on the real things now my man. You're ready.

Unless 8.3 is going to last 12-14 months, what is even the point of all this shit? Might as well just wait for Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Exactly, it now feels so pointless. A good, rewarding and meaningful game makes you immersed and absorbed into the game. At this point I'm always thinking on a meta level, looking at my life, what the hell am I doing pressing a few buttons for a timegated and boring grind for pointless rewards.
    That is just your opinion. I prefer a completely new bis list to pursue every tier/expansion, rather than hold on to the same old stupid bracers I got from scholomance or dire maul as a paladin because they are better than anything found in any raid for a while. If you think the grinding is pointless, then quit and play classic, not sure why you think your opinion warrants an entire thread, other than to just jump on the blizz hate bandwagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nah this is new.

Back in the good days, epic gear meant something and lasted. Even when new raids were released, particularly powerful items would still be best and worth persuing.
    Have you ever heard of the Azshara trinket or Ashvane's coral? Also back in the day items lasted longer cause itemisation was fucking garbage. My stupid scholomance bracers are one of the bis options as a holy paladin till like phase 4 or 5. That's just dogshit. Go back to the good ol' days if you like them so much, way is open mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    fucking lmfao
    I see complaints about this huge grind to get alts playable and while I agree that the essence grind is real and cancer there is no way I would say that anything else is a terrible grind

Cloak upgrades
    Locked each week and eventually requires 6 or more runs for one rank so you are never really behind. “But mug grind for visions” if you only do the daily minor visions and the assaults that happen essentially 4 times a week you get about 33k or so. This means until rank 9 you can get 3 ranks a week with no real grind.

The gearing is also a non issue because of the ilvl boost to everything

Corruption gear is from m+ cache most commonly

Catch up gear exists

Azerite grind is essentially finished at 75 and even then it is currently not much of a grind since the new rares give 500ap and if you are like my alt and at 72 then common casual play will lead you to 75 in 2 weeks when the ak lowers it even more

It is a terrible grind.

If we’re going to compare now to WotLK, it’d be difficult considering it was so much easier in WotLK.

If Azerite Gear didn’t exist, it wouldn’t be *as bad* but it does. Then the neck, with guilds worth anything now requiring 75. Same as the cloak but that’s not so bad.

OP is playing the wrong type of game. Simple as that. This is why they added achievements in 2008 and cosmetic things well before.

I won't level through BFA content, and even now leveling to 110 feels pointless when I'll just be shot back down to 50 anyway.

I have 4 max level toons and will play Shadowlands when it's ready but fuck mechagon, the campaign, the shitty nzoth ending, sylvannas' character direction and especially the AP grind. I got 120 and stopped playing on 3/4 characters and tried to get to Mechagon. The rep gate for the campaign makes it a slog and I haven't bothered to finish cause it's just bad.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Because it is 'fun'? You do not have to grind if you do not want to. WoW is very sandbox-y at this point. You can grind AP, islands, M+, raids, PVP, quest, whatever.

If you are not having fun, do something else. If the game is not fun, take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I think a big difference with Vanilla, TBC, and even Wrath to a small degree, is that the "catch up" gear wasn't there.
    In Vanilla, ZG was a catch-up. Then tier 0.5 appeared.
    In TBC, there was a Magister's Terrace and pretty powerful crafted weapons and gear pieces.
    In WotLK, there was ToCh, dropping items of Ulduar 10 IL, and, well, ToCr, that was actually easier than Ulduar. Not to mention 3 IC dungeons that appeared several weeks before the launch of ICC. Basically, starting from 3.2, all tier 7 raids became irrelevant.

Still, I agree with your point generally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    A big difference is that it took time to replace items,and good epic items were considerably less numerous,which made them that much more remarkable.
    Nowadays you replace every slot with a new item within a week of a new patch,at most.And epics are unendingly raining upon you
    You definitely don't replace your gear that fast unless you weren't playing the previous patch. I mostly did M+ and some heroic EP here and I got maybe 3 upgrades the first week.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nah this is new.

Back in the good days, epic gear meant something and lasted. Even when new raids were released, particularly powerful items would still be best and worth persuing.
    incorrect, People have nearly always been pissed at having to use previous Tier gear in new Content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    I think a big difference with Vanilla, TBC, and even Wrath to a small degree, is that the "catch up" gear wasn't there.
    incorrect, TBC and Wrath had plenty of Catchup gear.

ITT: I only feel like pointless grinding is worth it when everybody else isn't complaining about how shitty the game is.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Am I grinding for hours just to increase my dps for a single patch, to play dance dance revolution in a raid while pressing a few buttons on my bars, just to do it all again next patch?

It just seems so pointless. It's like cookie clicker, just some pointless numbers. At least in cookie clicker they aren't reset every few months.
    because by increasing your dps for the single patch you are able to accomplish goals that you weren't able to at the start of the patch - whether that be raiding or mythic plus or anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    you're right, the tier are so short, no time to appreciate the new gear, push rating, or have fun...they're wasting so much money here lol

One of the reasons I was so fond of Final Fantasy XI back in its prime (2002-2008 or so). There were rewards that stayed good for 5-6 years, and nothing was ever better. Even as new stuff got introduced, the old stuff was still really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why people feel the need to share their dumb opinions with strangers. Oh well..
    It's funny considering that's exactly what you're doing ;D

What about football games?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dude, people bitch 24/7 that they have to get honored or something in rep from previous patch to get essence. I can't imagine what would happen if Blizzard will expect people to go through Uldir->BoD->EP and/or 40 levels of M+.

Oh, and say goodbye to gear from casual PVP, they would have to remove it or else people would use it as catch up. So we would have same system, but with less choices.

Imo what WoW lacks are better rewards from seasonal stuff that goes away. Right now main reward for doing stuff during it's season is our experience.
    Yea it's only a problem because of gear getting exponential. If next tier would only be 10-20% stronger than the last, it wouldn't be an issue.

What I meant was more like your high end mythic Uldir gear would still be ok and around normal Ny'alotha level and if you really didn't wanna raid that, you could always catch up through LFR.

Am I grinding for hours just to increase my dps for a single patch, to play dance dance revolution in a raid while pressing a few buttons on my bars, just to do it all again next patch?

It just seems so pointless. It's like cookie clicker, just some pointless numbers. At least in cookie clicker they aren't reset every few months.
    Bro that's literally all we do lol.

I've been doing that exact shit since BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    People also used to repeat the grind.

This is a little factoid that people tend to forget. Alts used to not share your achievements. If you wanted something on multiple characters - You had to earn it multiple times. Which, people did.
    Why didn't they just...log on the toon that had it to show they had it?

"Hold on, lemme get on my main"
    *whispers dude the cheeve and say it's Drusin"
    *Relog on alt and get invite*
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself