Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    you can cleanse anything
    don't u need access to the heart to cleanse it? can pre-bfa toons access it?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    For me and other raiders the system is not terrible really, but I have no idea how Blizzard thought it would be good for more casual players - it is over complicated there and drawbacks can get out of hand for people who do not pay attention or do not understand how this works and I bet there will be plenty of those.

My two issues there are this dumb mandatory void effect on your character ruining mogs and balance, of course.

What i dont like about voidforging? The fact that i have 0 useful ones and some hard trash ones that are not even worth wearing

Edit: and that because of it im 10-15k dps behind people that got some decent ones.
    Last edited by Dotality; 2020-01-25 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely worse than titanforging. Don't remember ever relying on getting a lucky titanforge proc to increase my dps by 10%

https://twitter.com/methodfleks/stat...460993032?s=20

Whats funny is that many of us called it when people were saying "yay" to no titantforging. You don't quite understand how deep in denial these devs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggers1990 View Post
    Read that again, you completely missed that or don't know about it. Each corruption has tiers of their effect and yes, it's RNG which one it rolls with (even the guaranteed corruption on raid weapons). Getting tier 1 +crit vs tier 3 +crit is huge and most tier 1's are just a waste of corruption.
    Oh I know about that positive variance. It said: 5. It has to have the correct tier of corruption to be useful to you Corruption is fixed despite the positive "tier" you get.
    Due to the way he worded it, I think he meant that the amount of corruption was rng, which is was upon the first iteration of PTR testing, but was later changed.

In any case, I'd rather have the unknown chance of getting a corrupted piece + the 33% chance (if it is equal chance to get each positive tier on that item)... over the TF rolling it goes through that Raone mentioned in his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post

Corrupted Gear:
    1. The right item has to drop
    2. It has to be Corrupted
    3. It has to have a gem socket
    4. It has to have the right affix of corrupted to be "useful"
    5. It has to have the correct tier of corruption to be useful to you
    This post is beyond full of shit.

So far I don't mind Corruption, but that's probably because RNG has worked for me so far... I haven't had to bank anything yet due to not having enough resistance. Of course the flip side to that, is RNG hates me as I've had very little corrupted gear drop /shrug.

Compared to Titanforging however, I agree it's a poor replacement. Just like Azerite Armor in the early days, the potentials there for an upgrade to "not an upgrade".

Personally, I'd prefer a return to the system we had in MOP (IIRC), and similar to Benthic gear... that is, we can increase the Ilvl of our own gear via a currency, up to a set cap. Perhaps +5 Ilvl per upgrade to a cap of +15. It removed the RNG and allows us to plan which gear we want to upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a corrupted item from NYA ... does 8-10% of my overall damage. Thats just stupid.

People are allready farming world quest blues because they can roll corrupted. Rogerbrown from method was using 415 blue pants with rank 3 corrupted affix - which did 18% of his dmg on hc Nzoth.

You cant say this is good game design, because it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Why can't people just point out their issues with the game without acting the world is ending.
    Classic, "youre not doing it to my liking", argument.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Systems better.

WF/TF ranges from +5 to iLvL ceiling of any particular patch, making giants swings of power, and a massive amount of RNG.

People literally don't know how the corruption system works. Ideally you want the right corruptions, but you're effectively hard capped by a set number of corruption, that raises every so often based on cloak level. In the event that somebody gets 'lucky' and gets a T3 good corruption item on a piece of gear, they're effectively done with power growth from this system for a number of weeks until they have a 'comfortable' amount of corruption. While it might seem that there's a massive amount of RNG with different corruptions and 'tiers', the tiers can mostly be ignored (at least for now). If you're effectively hard capped at wearing around 75 corruption of gear right now, you can do it with multiple pieces (if you have them), or you can do it with 1-2, doesn't matter. In the old system there was no downside to having as many WF/TF items as you can possibly get.

I hope people realize that in another 2-3 weeks, fully clearing visions is going to be kind of common. I get nearly 2k mementos right now from a single vision clearing 4/5 zones, and that number only gets larger when you start adding masks to the equation. Blizzard also buffed the amount of 'reasonable' ways to obtain horrific visions, meaning that relatively speaking, most people are going to be able to do 1-2 more a week. Why is this important? There's literally a fucking item that can add a socket to your gear, and it might only take two weeks to get one when you're proficient at visions.

While gear can indeed roll with both a socket and a corruption, it's not like you should groan if you get a great corrupted piece without a socket. Just use the memento currency to add a socket to it, if it's incredibly unlikely that piece won't be replaced.

We never had the option to add sockets before, and the buffs to attempts a week just makes it more reasonable to obtain them. You get a bonus if you're extremely lucky, but you also have the option of not having to run freehold for a particular ring 500x hoping that the ring you're looking for actually has a socket. You can get one, then add a socket.

Trash corruptions exist, and hopefully they continue to balance them. This system is much more akin to gating the maximum amount of Titanforging that's available by basically calling it corruption. What you're looking for long term is your best corruptions totaling the amount of corruption resistance available (this can be on as little as 2-3 pieces of gear with high rolls, or on lots of pieces of gear with lower tier rolls), then adding corruption past your resistance based on the circumstance, or how risky you want to be. I believe the cloak caps out at 125, and an the essence gives +10 if you're rolling it. Essentially you can run anywhere from 135 to a little over 200 corruption total depending on the risk you want to take.

I still fail to see how this is worse than TF/WF. Sockets can be added now removing RNG in a gameplay system many find fun (I do), and there's a cap on how much corrupted gear you can wear. All I heard for all of BFA is the meme about how shit doesn't have a socket (which you can solve), and how there good items didn't WF/TF. Now you're just looking for several pieces of corrupted gear, and adding sockets to the pieces you're going to wear most of the time.

The only dumb thing about this system is balance is still in flux, and there are shitty things like people farming WQ for random blues because the effects are super strong.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    You cant say this is good game design, because it is not.
    It's really not much different then legion legos. People doing random shit to try and get a powerful lego that significantly boosts performance. You're only confusing it as bad because ilvl means nothing- but ilvl already meant nothing for ring and trinket slots so welcome to the rest of the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I would like to see a simulation that says a blue 415 is better then an epic 445.
    420 close enough? https://twitter.com/methodfleks/stat...676262913?s=20

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's really not much different then legion legos. People doing random shit to try and get a powerful lego that significantly boosts performance. You're only confusing it as bad because ilvl means nothing- but ilvl already meant nothing for ring and trinket slots so welcome to the rest of the world.
    Yea, but its not a legendary, it `s a blue random generated 415 wq item which does ~18% of your damage.
    It could also be a 380 ilvl item ... it doesnt matter - it still beats any 470-480 non-corrupted item in the game.

And just because rings are designed so poorly it shouldnt mean that everything ingame needs to be designed poorly.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, but its not a legendary, it `s a blue random generated 415 wq item which does ~18% of your damage.
    It could also be a 380 ilvl item ... it doesnt matter - it still beats any 470-480 non-corrupted item in the game.

And just because rings are designed so poorly it shouldnt mean that everything ingame needs to be designed poorly.
    It's going to be like 30% or more for healers... because you know they're going to use it. It's so much free dps that they'd be idiots not to. We were lucky enough to mostly avoid benthic, but this time, it will be some blue WQ junk that has some op damage proc.

Oh so because it's not orange it's different? Even though you can get corrupted gear from all the same things you got legos from in legion. Talk about the shallowest take in this thread if the color of the item name is making some massive difference to you. Not to mention they are made usable by a damn item that is orange in name so /facepalm.

Chalk me up for a laugh at the typical gamer moment of calling something "bad design" when they don't like it though. Eventually everyone will have the corrupted procs they want on the highest ilvl gear they can obtain, talk about first week problems and such a non issue to complain about.

I dunno, going into an arena and getting murdered by someone who had infinite stars or consuming void do 20% of their damage is pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Just being new doesn't make something good or fun. This patch is hot garbage.
    nah its awesome you will live.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Let me guess.

You are unaware that you can remove the corruption effect and that certain things give you better resist to it?
    What? No, he's VERY CLEARLY talking about how certain traits are completely absurd while others are very weak. You know, the big issue that people have been talking about since PTR but that Blizzard only just started addressing to any degree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    For me and other raiders the system is not terrible really, but I have no idea how Blizzard thought it would be good for more casual players - it is over complicated there and drawbacks can get out of hand for people who do not pay attention or do not understand how this works and I bet there will be plenty of those.

My two issues there are this dumb mandatory void effect on your character ruining mogs and balance, of course.
    If we ignore that the only thing that matters currently is the quantity of loot you can get, even more so than with titanforging, because certain traits are hilariously overtuned.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Classic, "youre not doing it to my liking", argument.
    Waits quietly for Eugenik to realize their hypocrisy.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown