Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

ya i'm done with you.
    That was not the Alliance army, that was a single gunship of the Alliance navy. Armies and navies are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Beat the Horde forces their, sent Sylvanas' leading man running with his tail between your legs and you try and make it sound like they would get defeated when they won...also seems like you're trying to call something a barren wasteland that isn't.
    More like you're making it sound like an easy victory when it wasn't. It was a long fight which lasted for two patches until it ended.

Also yes, the southern region is completely wrecked by the Cataclysm, while the northern region was ravaged by the battle, with Lor'danel at one point having been completely covered in blight. And they were not fighting the entire Horde but just the Forsaken in that battle.

And the night elves, by the way, are not the only ones who know that land well. The Shatterspear Tribe know the land very well and are affiliated with the Horde.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-01-24 at 11:26 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    She's not going to be a villain. She's a major factor in the Ardenweald story, and apparently, we're going to aid her in learning a lot more about Elune and who she truly is.
    I was already suspecting Blizzard wouldn't have the balls to hit an Alliance main character with the villain bat... and alas, they effectively don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Sylvanas blew up her own city with planning in advance while no one thought they would burn the tree down, the two aren't the same.
    You're right. Because Sylvanas is actually a military leader where as Tyrande is just an amateur. Sylvanas had plans within plans that she could fall back to in the event Lordaeron was breached. Keep in mind the Alliance army FAILED at Lordaeron. They were broken and the Horde was winning. It was not until Jaina in her 3" thick plot armor appeared on her daddy's boat in the sky and did the work for them. So Sylvanas fell back and hoped to repel them until her sister interfered. So she fell back again and we flew out of the Undercity to Orgrimmar where the Forsaken citizens had been evacuated because Sylvanas didn't abandon her people like Tyrande did.

Sylvanas' use of the Blight in the city is a tactic known as Scorched Earth where a retreating force destroys or makes unusable anything that the enemy would find useful. She was not going to let the Alliance have Lordaeron. Period. It belongs to the Forsaken now and forever. Blighting it ensured that. Remember Sylvanas' words to Anduin... "You've won.... Nothing" before she banshees out of there leaving him to die.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    You're right. Because Sylvanas is actually a military leader where as Tyrande is just an amateur. Sylvanas had plans within plans that she could fall back to in the event Lordaeron was breached. Keep in mind the Alliance army FAILED at Lordaeron. They were broken and the Horde was winning. It was not until Jaina in her 3" thick plot armor appeared on her daddy's boat in the sky and did the work for them. So Sylvanas fell back and hoped to repel them until her sister interfered. So she fell back again and we flew out of the Undercity to Orgrimmar where the Forsaken citizens had been evacuated because Sylvanas didn't abandon her people like Tyrande did.

Sylvanas' use of the Blight in the city is a tactic known as Scorched Earth where a retreating force destroys or makes unusable anything that the enemy would find useful. She was not going to let the Alliance have Lordaeron. Period. It belongs to the Forsaken now and forever. Blighting it ensured that. Remember Sylvanas' words to Anduin... "You've won.... Nothing" before she banshees out of there leaving him to die.
    you mean the person who started a war with the plan to wipe out all life on the planet had a back up plan while the person caught by surprise didn't? it's almost like planning a conquest gives you an advantage over the person thinking there would be peace after a massive demon invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The night elves are not going to quit the alliance, it's stupid to even suggest a race breaking from its faction at this stage.

So who would lead the night elves if tyrande and malfurion go rogue? Shandris?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I was already suspecting Blizzard wouldn't have the balls to hit an Alliance main character with the villain bat... and alas, they effectively don't.
    That doesn't prove anything. Sylvanas was a major factor in the Stormheim story and we helped her get that shield to fight the Legion, look how that all story turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So who would lead the night elves if tyrande and malfurion go rogue? Shandris?
    Possibly, her every recent line oozes the lust for human dicks so she would make perfect puppet.

3+ Year Old Account
    That's weird, why am I not getting notifications here?

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    Furthermore, I suspect that Anduins and his Horde-lover hippies are actually far from the majority of the Alliance forces. If he tried to do that, he'll get a revolt in his hands rather soon.
    Yes, pretty much this. I can even see some other Second/Third War veterans getting angry at him for not being able to hold even the most immediate transgressors accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Possibly, her every recent line oozes the lust for human dicks so she would make perfect puppet.
    This too ^

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    That's weird, why am I not getting notifications here?

Yes, pretty much this. I can even see some other Second/Third War veterans getting angry at him for not being able to hold even the most immediate transgressors accountable.

This too ^
    On the contrary all the Second/Third War veterans (Alleria, Turalyon, Falstad, Muradin, etc.) compliment him for his ability to finally end the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Genn
    Genn is a toss-up. I'd say his loyalty to Anduin would trump his desire to continue waging war with the Horde, especially after his character development.
    Turalyon
    Highly unlikely. Turalyon is a paladin first and foremost, and what we've seen of him, he's got far bigger fish to fry than the Horde. Remember, he's spent the past thousand years, as he observed time, fighting the Light's enemies. That's some perspective that changes things.
    Danath
    Possibly, but the old soldier's also just as likely to stay within the Alliance chain of command.
    Brother Pike
    Pike doesn't seem very war-oriented. More likely he's going to focus on rebuilding the Tidesages and keep things squared away at home.
    Kul'Tirans/Jaina
    Jaina's gotten over her revenge boner. Why would she enable Tyrande's own crusade of vengeance given she went out of her way to encourage Thrall to take hope that things could be better this time around?
    Various extreme elements
    This is likely, sure.

Frankly, very few if any major characters are going to side with Tyrande on this one. Even Shandris is showing pretty clear signs she's going to break from Tyrande and keep supporting the Alliance and the kaldorei refugees, and Shandris has been Tyrande's loyal Number Two for the past ten thousand years. Tyrande may see support from the worgen since they owe her a debt and have beef with Sylvanas, but most worgen are going to follow the Greymane family's lead and stick with the Alliance--and judging by the worgen heritage armor quest, none of the Greymanes seem in any hurry to go to war with the Horde right now, instead focusing on their peoples' needs as the worgen are refugees twice over now.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

you mean the person who started a war with the plan to wipe out all life on the planet had a back up plan while the person caught by surprise didn't? it's almost like planning a conquest gives you an advantage over the person thinking there would be peace after a massive demon invasion.
    Did you even play the pre-patch event? Or did you just start playing after BfA launched? She had warning. Remember how her boy toy created a wisp force field that Sylvanas could not cross? And how we had to weaken it in order for Sylvanas to finish it off? I would call that warning especially since Malfurion had time to actually get it up to begin with. That should have been Tyrande's signal to start evacuating people. Get the non-military personnel and children out of Darnassus should have been her primary concern.

You speak as if Aethas or someone just ported the entire Horde Army to Lor'danel without warning.

Pretty sure Brother Pike is very anti-war. If I am not mistaken he even said in 8.1 that the war is meaningless before Azeroth's true threat.

The war is over. Only Sylvanas and Tyrande will be in shadowlands, story of Azeroth and its leaders will freeze for 3 years, until it ends expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    The war is over. Only Sylvanas and Tyrande will be in shadowlands, story of Azeroth and its leaders will freeze for 3 years, until it ends expansion
    Too bad Tyrande has any story at all in Shadowlands. If they want to do us a favor, she will just be shelved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Pretty sure Brother Pike is very anti-war. If I am not mistaken he even said in 8.1 that the war is meaningless before Azeroth's true threat.
    Little did he know that a magical necklace would take care of Azeroth's "true threat" no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no reason to hit Tyrande with the villain bat because she's not a villain. She's completely justified in her point of view.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There is no reason to hit Tyrande with the villain bat because she's not a villain. She's completely justified in her point of view.
    I mean, the same could have been said about e.g. Garrosh back in Cata, and yet he was thoroughly beaten with the Stupid Evil™ bat (although not as much as Sylvanas).
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2020-01-25 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I mean, the same could have been said about e.g. Garrosh back in Cata, and yet he was thoroughly beaten with the Stupid Evil™ bat (although not as much as Sylvanas).
    I'm not saying Tyrande won't be hit by the villain bat. We all know Blizzard could do that on a whim. Just that nothing Tyrande has done or thinks warrants her being labeled evil or even "out of control."

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you even play the pre-patch event? Or did you just start playing after BfA launched? She had warning. Remember how her boy toy created a wisp force field that Sylvanas could not cross? And how we had to weaken it in order for Sylvanas to finish it off? I would call that warning especially since Malfurion had time to actually get it up to begin with. That should have been Tyrande's signal to start evacuating people. Get the non-military personnel and children out of Darnassus should have been her primary concern.

You speak as if Aethas or someone just ported the entire Horde Army to Lor'danel without warning.
    If your gonna wallow in ignorance could you not project it onto me?

They were descending the steps when one of the Stormwind guards raced toward them. Anduin ran lightly down the rest of the way to meet him. The others followed.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

The guard caught his breath, but when he spoke, it was not to his king. “Lady Tyrande—there’s been an attack—evacuations—beginning. Refugees—coming through portals.”

Tyrande went very still. For a moment, she looked like a statue, even more beautiful than Haidene in the Temple of the Moon. Only the vein beating rapidly at her throat broke the illusion. Then: “Take me to them.”
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...ry/elegy#tab=3

The night elfs while also having a higher population then undercity didn’t have the same setup but were still evcing instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm not saying Tyrande won't be hit by the villain bat. We all know Blizzard could do that on a whim. Just that nothing Tyrande has done or thinks warrants her being labeled evil or even "out of control."
    Not for now, but this is the same Blizzard who took a few notes from Game of Thrones Season 8, so don't put it past them to turn female leaders into nutjobs in the span of one patch.

Not that I want that to happen. Even though throughout this thread I have sided with Anduin over Tyrande, I still think her hatred is justified, but regardless if she wants revenge she needs to be patient and play the long game, because if she just declares war she will be alone and easily defeated.

Plus she has to control the Night Warrior power, such immense energy could be too much for a mortal to handle. A fear expressed by many night elves in Boralus.

If your gonna wallow in ignorance could you not project it onto me?
    You're the one projecting. Or you're just ignoring facts that are inconvenient to your narrative. Not my problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're the one projecting. Or you're just ignoring facts that are inconvenient to your narrative. Not my problem.
    what facts are those exactly? you said she should have been evacing once she found out the horde was coming but guess what it was already happening before she even knew. if you had read the short story you would have known that.