10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15
    Looks like it ain't as rare and less deadly as it was originally reported.
    Looks like this thing has a fairly long incubation period, so a lot of cases are just now starting to hit. They still don't seem to have a clear idea of how it is being transmitted or how contagious it really is. Most of the fatalities seem to still be the elderly or those with underlying health problems -- those are the same people at regular risk for flu, but China's demographics are going to make it look more deadly because the One Child Policy had skewed the proportion of elderly to youthful (lots of old folks here). Give what those 60+ years of age here have gone through in their lives, they aren't necessarily in prime health either.

Sounds like an interesting movie. Yes, the various components have been known for quite a while, so I'm not surprised someone made a drama. Wuhan virus is flashier, but we just had recent plague cases because of people eating game. All in all, it is just down to luck that we're worried about this happening during Spring Festival instead of plague.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Just saw this. They’re literally building a hospital in a little over a week. That’s insane.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/chines...virus-spreads/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto
    They’re literally building a hospital in a little over a week.
    That's nearly slacking off! Consider this in comparison: https://www.archdaily.com/612783/chi...per-in-19-days
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    That's nearly slacking off! Consider this in comparison: https://www.archdaily.com/612783/chi...per-in-19-days
    That’s crazy

reading rumors the r0 is between 2.5-3.8 surely thats bullshit but lol getting info from china. The 2009 flu pandemic R0=1.48. The 1918 Spanish Flu 1.80. SARS’s 2.0-3.5

looks like symptomless transmission as well. Wonder if the WHO will call an emergency soon. I mean 50mil people quarantined?

I cannot believe that many people eat bats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    reading rumors the r0 is between 2.5-3.8 surely thats bullshit but lol getting info from china. The 2009 flu pandemic R0=1.48. The 1918 Spanish Flu 1.80. SARS’s 2.0-3.5

looks like symptomless transmission as well. Wonder if the WHO will call an emergency soon. I mean 50mil people quarantined?
    The justification thus far seems to be that because it’s contained to mainland China for the most part it hasn’t reached crisis levels. But as you mentioned that could change quickly if a lot of cases start cropping up elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Rumor has it 2 years ago in Wuhan opened the Wuhan Institute of Virology to examine exactly these type of viruses.
    Rumor has it that the evil west warned them since 2017 that viruses may escape into Wuhan...
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it may be worth: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...?ref=hvper.com

It is a lengthy article and I'd rather not seem to cherry pick, so go ahead and check the full thing.

Hundreds of Wuhan college students are disappeared in the last few years.
    Why college students? they have to take a physical exam before enroll, so the government knows who is healthy.

Something is fishy in that city.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Hundreds of Wuhan college students are disappeared in the last few years.
    Why college students? they have to take a physical exam before enroll, so the government knows who is healthy.

Something is fishy in that city.
    [citation needed]
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The issue is that there has been so many scare stories in the media that a lot of people are numb to the idea of something like this actually turning out to be a legitimate threat that will affect them personally.
    People felt the same amount sars which had almost a 10% kill rate which is 1918 flu pandemic levels. And that’s with modern medicine! Luckily it was contained fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    kind of cheating since they prefab'ed things months in advance so 19 days...nah

- - - Updated - - -

Time to start prepping..!!

Wonder how many food buckets I should order.
    surgical mask? Gloves?

Thank god I work overnights....with very few contact points
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just a non story propped up by western propaganda in order to undermine the strong Chinese regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This is just a non story propped up by western propaganda in order to undermine the strong Chinese regime.
    A highly contagious disease similar to SARs (which had a 10% death rate which is like the bubonic plague...) is currently making it's way across the world and is now in Europe... and has a death rate about 5% apparently which... is extraordinarily high Why are you trying to shill for China?

The extreme caution being practiced is how we avoid pandemics. People like you in power would be like "pfft it's nothing" and then millions dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You're welcome to travel there right now if you want.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    A highly contagious disease similar to SARs (which had a 10% death rate which is like the bubonic plague...) is currently making it's way across the world and is now in Europe... and has a death rate about 5% apparently which... is extraordinarily high Why are you trying to shill for China?

The extreme caution being practiced is how we avoid pandemics. People like you in power would be like "pfft it's nothing" and then millions dies...
    I'm pretty sure you just responded to an obviously sarcastic post.

As of yesterday on wechat/beijinger, they are saying the origin host was indeed bats. Either Chinese eating the bat soup*you can see the pics..its pretty fd up* or eating civets *which is said to be the secondary host after the bat*

You now take fever tests before getting on any train. If your fever is high, you're not allowed. The number of infected is far more than what cnn etc claim it to be. I'm pretty sure there are hundreds of cases that are not being reported. *I live in Beijing and get updates often on the situation over here*

- - - Updated - - -

The strand shows very similar connections with SARS. I don't get it..if Chinese got SARS from bats or eating rare animal meat at wetmarkets in 2002/2003, then continue to eat them..wala..SARS all over again. It's pretty bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Just saw this. They’re literally building a hospital in a little over a week. That’s insane.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/chines...virus-spreads/
    I'm guessing this won't be enough soon. With 11 million people in Wuhan alone, let alone in that whole province. Hospitals turning away people because there simply isnt any room.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I cannot believe that many people eat bats.
    It's not only eating bats. It's most likely eating other rare animals, like civets too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    You're welcome to travel there right now if you want.
    haha i currently live in Beijing. It's pretty quiet now that the festivities etc are canceled.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.