Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    So why do you want your raid group to be weaker?
    What an inane response. It is impossible to correctly tune the raid fights when a single piece can swing someone's DPS that much. If 15 DPS in my raid have Infinite Stars and 15 DPS in your raid have 3% vers we will prog further and faster than you, and further and faster than we deserve. If 15 DPS in a raid had a single slot with 20ilvl TF the swing would be not even close to as extreme.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of this system. Even after several nerds to some of the corrupted skills, I still see them basically being their own class in PvP.
    I fought a rogue in 2v2 yesterday and he didn't do any damage, but his infinite of stars did. It's quite ridiculous.

I currently have Twilight devastation and Those Twilight Tendrils (I forgot the name of, not at pc)
    And I still rather not have them exist at all, at least not in PvP.
    It honestly reminds me of Aion and those terrible Godstones they used to have that could decide a match for you, depending on if it was a good one and you were lucky.

Imho, corruption should be little more than a nuisance, not another player in terms of the damage it can do and often does.

That said, hoping for titanforge and a socket got replaced with hoping for infinite of stars or any of the OP corruption and a slot.

It's hardly a solution to RNG since nothing changed.
    Last edited by conceptKitty; 2020-01-25 at 08:03 AM.

Meh... better than titanforging.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    What lies about collusion has the bag bad media told? From what I've seen, they report and discuss the fact that there are investigations into whether there was collusion. Which, ya know, is true.
    Remember, even the Nazis had followers, and this is why.

I just don't get it, if a blue 415 is better than a epic 445, then wear the blue. so simple.
    All you do is bitch instead of playing and all your crying is just looking for excuses, in case somebody does more dps.
    Random effects gives more depth to the play in my opinion. And a random proc can be fun.

You know: Everybody prays classic, but for exapmle my pala has to wear blue cloth, because it is better than T1 or T2 in some slots.
    And nobody complains about that, everybody cheers for classic. Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Something new? How dare they!
    It's literally just the Legion Legendary system, but worse in almost every way.

Yeah, really "new".
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, let´s stick to one system and never ever change anything.

Because that is how great ideas and systems were ever born!

Do you not get it yet? you can not please everyone, it is about taste, you OPINION is that it is bad. Someone else might like it... then things change around and so do opinions and tastes... eventually something great comes up from the feedback and experience of the previous and more people happen to like it. That can never happen if you stick to the same thing in a game played by millions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yeah, getting a great upgrade but then having to cleanse it because you can’t take that much corruption feels like shit.

Bring back titanforging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You can skip most of the stuff....

You can skip most of the stuff....
    And how does corruption screw over you doing world quests, or doing the intro questline?

Yeah not not how it works.
    You don't have people doing off getting gear as good as a mythic player, or better then a mythic player could ever get.
    Yeah, you can skip most if it, because it's oh so fun to not play the game and just skip stuff, right?

Corruption can potentially screw alts initially because you might not have enough corruption resistance or even any at all, or be at the spot to be able to cleanse. Imagine a newish alt, doing an emissary for an item that's potentially 100+ ilvl upgrade (the last item I replaced on my newest alt was the ~280 heirloom ring to a ~380, I don't remember the specifics but these aren't entirely random numbers) and it happens to roll a corruption passive with high corruption. And then imagine it happening multiple times. You can't really use these without a huge downside, you can't cleanse, and your gear is still shit now so you don't want to slog through content that you want to actually do instead of skipping. Pretty awesome, right?

And people always bring up the whole getting mythic level gear without doing mythic. Does that really matter? How many people actually have multiple mythic level pieces from titanforging that aren't from doing M+10? Very, very few I'd wager. People act like Titanforged 450s rained from the sky in 8.2 and previous patches but they simply didn't. My main didn't have a single one, and none of my alts did either. I got lucky and got a few nice pieces, but they certainly weren't 445+. And even if I did, how does that effect you? It doesn't, outside of people's whack egos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay I got t2 Infinite Stars, it's not so bad anymore, rofl.
    What it is is a joke, reminds me of Legion. But you'll prolly get these effects quicker than you did BiS oranges. The problem is the corruption on t3 stuff for casuals. They won't be able to ignore cape progression if they want the best corruptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Yeah, let´s stick to one system and never ever change anything.

Because that is how great ideas and systems were ever born!

Do you not get it yet? you can not please everyone, it is about taste, you OPINION is that it is bad. Someone else might like it... then things change around and so do opinions and tastes... eventually something great comes up from the feedback and experience of the previous and more people happen to like it. That can never happen if you stick to the same thing in a game played by millions.
    You aren't wrong in that they need to try new things and evolve the game over time, but as soon as this system was announced the issues were glaringly obvious. There are a lot more downsides to this system compared to Titanforging, it feels like a step backwards especially when you consider that they apparently wanted to reduce RNG and instead increased it by a large amount.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only issue that I have with corrupted gear is that it drops for all characters, regardless of whether you have the cloak or not.

My alts, who will never do the 8.3 content, now have more corrupted items than my main, which ofcourse they can't really use as they don't have the cloak.

The corrupted gear should only drop for characters with the cloak, or at least only drop in the 8.3 zones and raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    According to this forum everyone and especially very, very bad players have them. Had them right off the start, during the first raid tier. And all the very, very awesome players (you know...the ones all posting here) lost their raid spot forever to this lucky, but incompetent guy.
    I mean, I know this is sarcasm but you also bring up an argument I've seen before, which is losing raid spots to people getting lucky with gear. No mythic guild worth their salt brings a person based on gear instead of actual results, and the 1-2 lucky titanforged pieces someone gets isn't going to suddenly make an average player into a really solid player, if you lose to this player in terms of performance it very likely wasn't due to their slightly higher ilvl. And if you and this lucky player somehow play exactly alike to the point where their slightly higher performance was due on ilvl alone and not any of the other 1000 issues that could come up due to performance, remember that you're in a very tiny minority of a very tiny minority. It does suck but I'd once again wager that it happens to very, very, very, very few players. Titanforging was over all better for the majority of the players in this game, and they didn't just remove it, they added in a much worse system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    The only issue that I have with corrupted gear is that it drops for all characters, regardless of whether you have the cloak or not.

My alts, who will never do the 8.3 content, now have more corrupted items than my main, which ofcourse they can't really use as they don't have the cloak.

The corrupted gear should only drop for characters with the cloak, or at least only drop in the 8.3 zones and raid.
    Thank you for proving one of my earlier points that Corruption can suck ass for alts. Such an awful system.

I just want to be able to cleanse corrupted gear on my alts without having to do the quest chain or do visions

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been doing the same WQs all xpac for the same drops but now there's an extra risk element added that I can't negate without doing additional content that I'm not interested in (on my alts).
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-01-25 at 09:47 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you remember the "boring times" when you checked a dungeon's loot table, ran it until it dropped and that was it?

Oh yeah, and you could add a gem to it maybe, or.... even an enchant

Such awful.times those...

10+ Year Old Account
    corrupted gear is fine. learn how to play the game and utilize it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except they arnt, that was a bug.
    Not sure which part of my post you think was a bug, but you're wrong either way. The tuning of traits being a fucking joke is not a "bug", it's the devs being lazy and/or bad at math. Quantity > quantity also isn't a bug, and is still the case even after the hotfix to make some corruptions scale with ilevel. Guess which 2 don't? Twilight Devastation(the only true AoE, which does a very good job at that) and Echoing Void(the one that was already basically equal to Infinite Stars in terms of DPC after the first IS nerf)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    corrupted gear is fine. learn how to play the game and utilize it properly.
    It's fine if you have it. It's the same shit as legendaries and azerite. It's a system that relies on you having a bunch of items to swap around depending on the situation for the system to be interesting and have depth, but they ruin that by making the way you acquire them garbage so most people don't have any relevant corruption pieces.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    What don't you like about corrupted gear?
    I think the OP mean it as an rhetorical statement, Assuming everyone thinks the same, and that the implications of the statement should be obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    If you don't understand how telling me I don't like the way someone does it, by telling me you don't like how I do it, is hypocritical, than fuck man, i dunno what left I can say to you, that you'll understand.
    Ah see, your reading comprehension is off, mate. I didnt tell you I didnt like it. You can do w.e you want. I just called you out for doing it.

I think being able to get the corruption back after cleansing would make the system a lot better. My alt tank lucked out with a nice ilvl increase belt and 75 corruption on it. So yeah in the bank it goes, not helping me now, probably never unless I go out and upgrade my cloak a couple times which I have no desire on an alt.

Blizzard removed reforging, reduced enchantments and sockets, had azerite pieces 15 ilvl apart, all with the intention of us being able to immediately use an upgrade when it drops.

Corruption system is interesting for me (I loved reforging) but it has some serious flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I think being able to get the corruption back after cleansing would make the system a lot better. My alt tank lucked out with a nice ilvl increase belt and 75 corruption on it. So yeah in the bank it goes, not helping me now, probably never unless I go out and upgrade my cloak a couple times which I have no desire on an alt.

Blizzard removed reforging, reduced enchantments and sockets, had azerite pieces 15 ilvl apart, all with the intention of us being able to immediately use an upgrade when it drops.

Corruption system is interesting for me (I loved reforging) but it has some serious flaws.
    Yes, it'd be nice if you contained the corruption(with the ability to let it out again later) rather than cleansing it. Would even be fitting from a lore standpoint.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU