Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Is Blizzard customer service always this bad?

I just saw this on YouTube and if this is the standard of Blizzard's customer service or lack thereof, then I hope I'll never need them. How is it possible not to get any information on the reason you were banned?
    https://youtu.be/cxjhTVR_dJw?t=3376
    Last edited by Bugs; 2020-01-25 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    I just saw this on YouTube and if this is the standard of Blizzard's customer service or lack thereof, then I hope I'll never need them. How is it possible not to get any information on the reason you were banned?
    What specifically are you wanting for us to learn from this video?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant seriously think anyone will watch your one hour vid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just edited the link. It should start at 56:15 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    He got the information as to why he was banned in the email, he was looking for more info which the support can't give.

He did something wrong that affects mine and your gameplay why would you give him any sympathy whatsoever.

If they don't tell you what you were banned for, it's because you did something bad enough that detailing it in an email would aid in reverse engineering their detection techniques.

AKA, don't be a douche and you'll never get those emails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    He got the information as to why he was banned in the email, he was looking for more info which the support can't give.

He did something wrong that affects mine and your gameplay why would you give him any sympathy whatsoever.
    I'm willing to give Luke the benefit of the doubt, because he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would cheat. I'm willing to bet this is a false positive situation.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Six months...external program. He was probably botting.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds a lot like Blizzard fanboyism to automatically assume that they did the right thing, without feeling the need to find out what and why.
    If it's false-positive, then it means that Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want and just write a standard email to cover their ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just edited the link. It should start at 56:15 now.
    Editing the video still doesn't tell us what YOU specifically you want us to get from the video. Care to share?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

He was given an email as to why he was banned, any time i've ever been suspended i've always been given a reason as to why, in this situation it could be because they knew it was being watched and who it was so if the CS representative screwed up he could lose his/her job, and would reflect badly on the company. In my experience over the years since vanilla beta I've only ever had good interactions with customer support, if i screwed up i knew why i was getting banned/suspended.

Remember its no bad service if you don't get your way, understand that they're doing their jobs, they don't just ban you because they don't like you, if the guy doesn't know what he got banned for then obviously he does a lot of things worth getting banned for.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds a lot like Blizzard fanboyism to automatically assume that they did the right thing, without feeling the need to find out what and why.
    If it's false-positive, then it means that Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want and just write a standard email to cover their ass.
    Sounds like you have never bothered to and really should read the terms of use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    If the guy doesn't know what he got banned for then obviously he does a lot of things worth getting banned for.
    Yes, because automated anti-cheat software is completely without flaws, right? Couldn't have possibly been Warden false positive flagging a completely benign program.

Luke doesn't seem like the kind of person who would cheat or use a bot, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

False bans are a thing, but customer service is generally going to treat you like you did commit the offense, because most of the time that is the case.

6 months though, eh, at least he gets it back. My wife got perma'd from paladins right after spending 30 bucks... we've never cheated on anything....

Whether he is guilty or not, I do think there's something to be said about Blizzard's refusal to discuss the reasoning behind bans, the whole "You know what you did" thing doesn't really leave room for false positives. However, you can totally understand why the policy is in place -to prevent people from "using those details becoming more undetectable"

But is it 100% infallible? As usual, people that need to believe on our social constructs need to believe so "Oh he got banned, he probably deserved" and leave it at that, and as much as I understand the reasoning to wanting to take measures to prevent further game abuse, it ultimately creates a system where there is not a fair appeal process because, as a private company, its interests will always take priority over the potentially unfair punitive measures over the individuals.

By preventing recourse from the player, it just clearly states that the company's side has the advantage, and it's so by design, cause ultimately it's more important to prevent further loss of revenue than the possibility of an unfair punishment for one individual.

Whether this is acceptable as customers, it's entirely up to personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Whether he is guilty or not, I do think there's something to be said about Blizzard's refusal to discuss the reasoning behind bans, the whole "You know what you did" thing doesn't really leave room for false positives. However, you can totally understand why the policy is in place -to prevent people from "using those details becoming more undetectable"

But is it 100% infallible? As usual, people that need to believe on our social constructs need to believe so "Oh he got banned, he probably deserved" and leave it at that, and as much as I understand the reasoning to wanting to take measures to prevent further game abuse, it ultimately creates a system where there is not a fair appeal process because, as a private company, its interests will always take priority over the potentially unfair punitive measures over the individuals.

By preventing recourse from the player, it just clearly states that the company's side has the advantage, and it's so by design, cause ultimately it's more important to prevent further loss of revenue than the possibility of an unfair punishment for one individual.

Whether this is acceptable as customers, it's entirely up to personal opinion.
    I mean, by most ToS's and EULAs, companies can ban you from their services because your name is Fred and they don't like people named Fred, so trying to argue with them is like arguing with a brick wall most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I challenge OP to find one person who has been banned for 6 months + for no actual reason
    It's anecdotal, but I've had a friend get a false positive overturned.

I don't think it was a Warden trip, but the guy did nothing but farm from like 11 pm til 7 am. He worked at a ski lodge and most of the time nothing was happening so he would just farm, internet wasn't good enough to do anything else and he could get called away at any time.

Would look suspicious specially since when you get into farming grooves you often just follow the same path.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Editing the video still doesn't tell us what YOU specifically you want us to get from the video. Care to share?
    Probably just want to start some outrage.

My experience with Blizzards customer service and most others I've been dealing with except for a few has been good experiences.

Watching that vid I see nothing special or weird.. He has information, third party software was detected / used. They even gave an explanation as of why they wouldn't give more information.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-01-25 at 08:09 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

You know this is true for literally any other game and game company? They can ban you for whatever reason they want... It's not a blizzard specific thing, any game can do this.
    Error 404 - Signature not found