Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah I think that's a soft confirmation. I had some hope when I saw The Bolvar basically be 2H frost in the cinematic. Hoping it pans out.

We will see for sure. I'm 100% hopeful, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather not get all excited for it only to get bamboozled. Losing blood DPS was one thing; when we lost 2H frost that sunk me.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    We will see for sure. I'm 100% hopeful, don't get me wrong, but I'd rather not get all excited for it only to get bamboozled. Losing blood DPS was one thing; when we lost 2H frost that sunk me.
    As always with Blizzard: Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

5+ Year Old Account
    Give us the goddamn 2H option back man.. especially when they talk about class identity and bringing back old abilities and shit.. i dont care if it changes dps up or down or does nothing just GIVE ME THE OPTION!

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice! I hate dual wielding with a passion as anything else than a rogue, and dh D:

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Twohand frost would be awesome, but eh... why Deathcoil for every spec? If it doesn't heal i'd rather spam Froststrike :/

I hope there's some kind of glyph to give it a frost effect

Also I hope for Unholy Aura. I mean. Paladins got their Aura! So I hope we get ours! Movement Spec and Lifereg!

Also I hope they'd change death strike for 'The Runeblade Hungers' or something like this.

Adds the Deathstrike Heal/dmg to the next Auto attack.. but it feels much stronger and not just like an annoying buttom spam.
    Last edited by Inukashi; 2019-11-02 at 11:02 PM.

Well there is a FDK in the feature overview video, and he is using one handers so... :l

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Twohand frost would be awesome, but eh... why Deathcoil for every spec? If it doesn't heal i'd rather spam Froststrike :/

I hope there's some kind of glyph to give it a frost effect

Also I hope for Unholy Aura. I mean. Paladins got their Aura! So I hope we get ours! Movement Spec and Lifereg!

Also I hope they'd change death strike for 'The Runeblade Hungers' or something like this.

Adds the Deathstrike Heal/dmg to the next Auto attack.. but it feels much stronger and not just like an annoying buttom spam.
    Unholy Aura gave movement speed and versatility, I believe.

Also, about Death Coil, it wouldn't be about prioritizing one or the other, it'd be about having an additional ranged ability.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to get a lot of hate over this, but I honestly don't get the overwhelming desire for 2H Frost. Mechanically, it doesn't matter to me. As long as our damage is similar in the end, I'm happy. Personally, 1H Frost gives us something "out of the box" from the other two specs, which use 2H'rs exclusively. If it's solely a flavor thing, then that's fine. To each their own, and I 100% respect the desires to have 2H Frost. But there's just so much....SO MUCH wanting of 2H Frost that it just boggles the mind.

For the record, I've played Death Knight relatively consistently, and even main'ed it in several expansions since it's release. I've played DK since it was early Wrath Beta, I loved it, and I continue to love it. The change to 1H Frost in Legion didn't bother me too much because we were literally wielding the two parts of Frostmourne. That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Sith View Post
    I'm going to get a lot of hate over this, but I honestly don't get the overwhelming desire for 2H Frost. Mechanically, it doesn't matter to me. As long as our damage is similar in the end, I'm happy. Personally, 1H Frost gives us something "out of the box" from the other two specs, which use 2H'rs exclusively. If it's solely a flavor thing, then that's fine. To each their own, and I 100% respect the desires to have 2H Frost. But there's just so much....SO MUCH wanting of 2H Frost that it just boggles the mind.

For the record, I've played Death Knight relatively consistently, and even main'ed it in several expansions since it's release. I've played DK since it was early Wrath Beta, I loved it, and I continue to love it. The change to 1H Frost in Legion didn't bother me too much because we were literally wielding the two parts of Frostmourne. That is awesome!
    Yeah the fixation on bringing back 2h is at this point a bit tiresome. Look I am all for bringing it back If, IF blizz can balance all 3 dps specs or if it is brought back as a glyph. That being said there are so many other issues facing DKs that I would hate for all the Devs attention to be "well we gave them back 2h frost, now are we done with fixing/changing the Death Knight class for Shadowlands".

It is mind boggling when there are so many other things plaguing Death Knights, but hey screw all that, we just want 2h Frost back...

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Yeah the fixation on bringing back 2h is at this point a bit tiresome. Look I am all for bringing it back If, IF blizz can balance all 3 dps specs or if it is brought back as a glyph. That being said there are so many other issues facing DKs that I would hate for all the Devs attention to be "well we gave them back 2h frost, now are we done with fixing/changing the Death Knight class for Shadowlands".

It is mind boggling when there are so many other things plaguing Death Knights, but hey screw all that, we just want 2h Frost back...
    Its more the desire for a hard hitting damage spec. Unholy is pretty much a warlock in plate and weapon strikes are a small portion of its damage, and it definitely doesn't have the feel of an "unstoppable juggernaut" of death. The old blood DPS felt like a heavily armored undead knight beating the enemy down with magic-augmented melee strikes, and the old Obliterate-focused 2h frost felt like this too. When they sequentially removed both of those options is left DKs feeling like weak, Nancy-boy casters.

15+ Year Old Account
    I rly hope so, i don't even play a DK because of this DW nonsense.
    Yes i can play uh/blood but i like Frost beter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Probably just replacing the 2 hander you get immediately when you make a DK.
    I imagine they are remaking the starting zones, hopefully assuming that will come alongside Allied Races allowed to be DKs etc.

I don't know why there would be 4, but if we are assuming they are adding a fourth spec to DKs, I can't imagine that happening unless every class in the game got one as well, right?
    There is no precedent for it at all.
    Except for feral/guardian...

edit: I would imagine them wanting to return pruned skills/abilities would include 2H frost and such requested features.

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic02 View Post
    Except for feral/guardian...

edit: I would imagine them wanting to return pruned skills/abilities would include 2H frost and such requested features.
    Even better if they went back to each spec being viable for dps or tanking, that's what got me into the DK in the first place. Blood DPS but being able to tank a raid bosses for a few seconds effectively so the tanks could be BR'd, rebuffed and topped up before taking over again
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Will these be available with allied race DKs in 8.3?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Even better if they went back to each spec being viable for dps or tanking, that's what got me into the DK in the first place. Blood DPS but being able to tank a raid bosses for a few seconds effectively so the tanks could be BR'd, rebuffed and topped up before taking over again
    Frost Tanking for me, was so awesome during WotLK!

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't the first time 2H icy weapons came out and and 2H Frost didn't come back, so I'd say don't get hopes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    It was my 2nd favorite tank spec, I still haven't forgiven Blizz for removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I tried it, but was more interested in Duel wield tanking as frost. But I was in one of the lower teams so I couldn't get the gear needed to pull it off.

But I had so, so much fun on some fights as a blood dps. Like I mentioned, tank dies and hop into BP. They'd get ressed, rebuffed and take over. But some bosses I knew I could tank just fine, so I'd stay in BP and try to keep aggro as long as I could. Downed some bosses doing it too

I also laughed in Cata as a blood tank. I was noted down as the emergency, back up tank (legit, I think I was the number 5 tank on the team out of 6 if the other 4 were out). We were doing DS and fighting the blob dude. Our OT kept dying to his magic attack because his defensive's weren't enough. Now this guy had vastly superior tank gear to me ( was in dungeon / old raid gear) double my hp etc. But I said fuck it. "Guys, let me tank this, DK tanks have great magic absorption I can take the hit". The OT proceeded to say no and bitch about it and caused us to wipe for 45 minutes. Only time I've ever gone against an RL, I switched specs without telling anyone (lock summoned me back) saw the magic hit coming and taunted it. Survived it. Survived the entire fight, it went down on the first attempt. After that week I got made #3 tank and the MT insisted of stepping out of all non progress fights for me to tank for exp + gear as the MT. The OT was pissed for the rest of the expansion.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    It's back! It's back!
    Do you have a source??????????