Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd take WoD over BFA any day of the week.

My classes were actual fun back in WoD.
    In WoD I could have like 10 chars raid ready without having to invest 3 months per char.
    If raiding was all I wanted to do, I could do only that in WoD.
    I wasn't forced to grind the same AP daily for 24 months if I wanted to raid on a top level in WoD.

I wasn't forced to do a bunch of shit I didn't enjoy so I could play the stuff I like in WoD. The couple hours I spent on WoW every week were actually fun in WoD. And when I was done having fun with raiding in WoD I could jump to another game and have fun there - and then I could eventually come back without my char being 500k AP behind.

I didn't want to play WoW 24/7 in WoD and the game was fine with that. I don't want to play 24/7 in BFA and Blizzard makes it seem like they don't want me as a customer in that case. Maybe if they produced content that's actually enjoyable 24/7 I'd be inclined to consume that.

If your personal opinion is that you wanna bandwagon on this whole Bfa is bad wave and that WoD - which was barely an expansion - is anyway comparable to this one, some form of bath salts must be present in your daily routine mate.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Imagine two restaurants. One is called WoD. One is called BFA.

You order a steak at WoD and it's a bit small. They cook it quite well but it's quite small and it costs more than you'd like to spend for a steak of that quality so you consider it a sunk cost and you don't come back. The restaurant actually shapes up maybe 8 months later and you come back and it's pretty okay; the dishes they do really well keep on coming and they've rounded out their menu a bit.

You order a steak at BFA. They come out with your plate and it's a nice, juicy steak, cooked how you like it and you can tell it's marbled with content. The only problem is that they've slathered it in diarrhoea. They insist that it's special AP brand gravy, but you're pretty sure it's just a healthy dose of projectile-shat diarrhoea, and you worry that they've chained someone lactose intolerant in the back and are just force-feeding them cheese. You can even see solid chunks of shit in this special gravy; you ask the waiter and they say "oh no no no, those are azerite traits".
    I lol'd thank you.

8.3 is the 6.1 of raid patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...have you already forgotten WoD? I think it's ridiculous people are saying BFA is the worst expansion ever. It is bad. No doubt about that. Maybe the 2nd worst. But just to refresh your memory here:

Top 3 points to remember about Warlords of Draenor vs Battle for Azeroth

1. Only had a .1 and .2 patch, 6.1's primary features being the Twitter integration and Selfie Camera. Compare that 8.1, 8.2, 8.3. Not even close.

2. WoD's primary feature was the Garrison. No new races, no new classes, just updated player models. BFA at least introduced Allied Races each with their own Heritage armor. It also did have a simplified mission table.

3. If you didn't raid in WoD, you had nothing to do. BFA benefited from the systems added in Legion: WQs so the outdoor world was still relevant much longer. Mythic+ Dungeons vs in WoD after you did heroic dungeons and capped that ilevel, there was 0 reason to go back and do them unless you were doing Challenge Modes.

4. (Bonus) Ashran LOL

I'll gladly accept any challengers arguing the contrary.
    I mean, technically Legion introduced allied races and heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

BFA is Equally as bad as WOD, but for different reasons.

WoD is the worst expansion of all time, and will likely (hopefully) always hold that title, as it introduced mission tables and stupid shit like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW still felt like WoW during WoD, right now it barely does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    At least classes were fun to play in WOD.

Give me shit content, I don't care.

Exactly this, content doesn't mean anything to me if my character is dull and boring.
    To be fair, as a longtime Arms main, being asked to pick between WoD and BFA is like being asked if I want to be shot in the left or right knee. Both are pretty bad. Though that's not entirely accurate as an analogy--WoD remains the spec's unparalleled nadir, while the spec is merely clunky and awkward in BFA. The only thing I legitimately miss about WoD is Gladiator spec; credit where due, the absolute evisceration Arms suffered in WoD convinced me to try out Gladiator and that was a lot of fun, even just as a gimmick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    WoD is bad because there was nothing to do, BFA is bad because nothing feels worth doing.
    This about sums it up. Though to be fair, there were things to do in WoD, it's just that none of it genuinely was worth doing unless you were a collector who needed to have every single recolor of the same few mount models. Doing reputations in WoD after coming off MoP felt like a punchline, only the punchline is I get kicked in the taint while Brack screams 'YOU THINK YOU DO BUT YOU DON'T' with the unbridled fury of ten thousand accountants.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    To be fair, as a longtime Arms main, being asked to pick between WoD and BFA is like being asked if I want to be shot in the left or right knee. Both are pretty bad. Though that's not entirely accurate as an analogy--WoD remains the spec's unparalleled nadir, while the spec is merely clunky and awkward in BFA. The only thing I legitimately miss about WoD is Gladiator spec; credit where due, the absolute evisceration Arms suffered in WoD convinced me to try out Gladiator and that was a lot of fun, even just as a gimmick.
    I actually loved gladiator as well, i just wished blizzard took the spec more seriously, but that's fine.

Arms was absolute trash until HFC came out when the tier sets and class trinkets "fixed" arms warriors, which made them fine.

I think arms was nicknamed, "ballerina" because we had to use whirlwind in our filter.

I enjoyed wod more than bfa. You had PVP VENDORS, YOU HAD HONOR GEAR, you had those cool titles you got from that arena building forgot name.
    NO ILVL SCALING, no PVP ILVL SCALING, you had garrisons making you obscene amounts of gold ( paying for literally years worth of wow subscription for me and future wow expansions) you had character models which continued to make the game playable many years into the future. I also really liked blackhands raid.

Gear Progression: PvP gear and Vendors, Raid class tier sets. No annoying repeatable mythic+ progression(missin that one is actually a plus), no RiO in that regard(its a plus), Raiding and PvP meant something, thanks for no mythic+ focus(again).

Story: You thought the story was bad in WoD, but then came BfA, culminating in a stupid cinematic with sylvanas in the war campaign and N'zoth pulling a Sauron.

Systems: rng over rng + GCD change, grinding essences for every alt.

class design - non existent in BfA, did not remember much of changes in WoD as well, other than some pruning, but i feel BfA did hit classes
    worser in that area, litteraly everything was removed from classes that made them what they were and it started back in legion, covered up by artifact weapons and legendaries, which both BfA had not.

BfA plenty of development time - WoD just a yearly expansion, a lot of conent was actually cut.

And to pull out BfA after the successful legion - is something to consider, too. I wonder how this is even possible?
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-01-26 at 12:19 AM.

I'd gladly go back to WoD just so I can make effortless millions with the Garrison and not be forced into doing dailies. 8.3 I'm forced to do dailies for Horrific Visions.

(that said, I do acknowledge WoD is the worse of the two overall, but BfA is not-at-all far behind)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    WOD simply lacked content, it was not shit overall by a long shot, in fact it was wildly hailed as the best expansion ever on release.
    No WOD was HATED from the fucked up start till its broken and rushed end.
    Oh you already forgot the many people stuck flyin into their garrison? the archaeology screw up? Nostalgia must be great...

Quote Originally Posted by oldrin187 View Post
    I enjoyed wod more than bfa. You had PVP VENDORS, YOU HAD HONOR GEAR, you had those cool titles you got from that arena building forgot name.
    NO ILVL SCALING, no PVP ILVL SCALING, you had garrisons making you obscene amounts of gold ( paying for literally years worth of wow subscription for me and future wow expansions) you had character models which continued to make the game playable many years into the future. I also really liked blackhands raid.
    ah right i forgot the stupid scaling mechanics, who needed that one?

but BfA gave us AB with bots.

Lets be honest here, this game needs a new director, obviously. Ion definately lacks management skills and is still designing raid boss fights. BfA feels like nobody is in charge of all the mess!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    BFA has Voidform so WoD wins hands down for me !
    Well, i can make the same argument as i played a shadowpriest in wod, too.

WoD had shadow orbs, which allowed fluently gameplay over the voidform clunky mechanic, spriest design in WoD felt much faster. we could have keep void shift of Mop, though. But the gameplay still was good, and i prefere fast gameplay over slow and clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalistez View Post
    BFA has Voidform so WoD wins hands down for me !
    Voidform was fun in Legion, but they screwed up by not leaving the Mindspike/Shadow Orb+Devouring Plague build.

I'd much rather do WoD challenge modes than current m+, the classes I played were more fun and interesting(mostly), gladiator stance was kinda awesome. Tanking was way more fun than it currently is. We had pvp vendors even if the pvp itself was bad... On the flip side I'll never forget how they completely shit on survival hunter so they could revamp it in the next expansion and turn it into a shit tier melee build that only 5 people still play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Voidform was fun in Legion, but they screwed up by not leaving the Mindspike/Shadow Orb+Devouring Plague build.
    This is the problem with blizzard. They get so fucking offended when people play a spec the way they did not intend to, and get butt fucking hurt about it that they ruin the entire spec. So what if people wanted to play the class with a dot weave playstyle in wod. Let it stay. But no they had to fuck it up.

Just like a recent change where they buffed ice lance in an effort to stop people playing the no ice lance build for frost mage.

WoD did more to make the Legion feel intimidating than Legion ever did, so it's got that going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    ah right i forgot the stupid scaling mechanics, who needed that one?

but BfA gave us AB with bots.

Lets be honest here, this game needs a new director, obviously. Ion definately lacks management skills and is still designing raid boss fights. BfA feels like nobody is in charge of all the mess!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i can make the same argument as i played a shadowpriest in wod, too.

WoD had shadow orbs, which allowed fluently gameplay over the voidform clunky mechanic, spriest design in WoD felt much faster. we could have keep void shift of Mop, though. But the gameplay still was good, and i prefere fast gameplay over slow and clunky.
    bruh, getting 40 seconds insanity buffs on multi dot fights, and having a completely different specialization with dot weaving. Warlords shadow priest was probably its best iteration

The 60 second legion rotation was fun as well but that got gutted in bfa