Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    WoD killed my interest in raiding, had the most asinine plot where every warlord except Blackhand was a joke. It had one single proper content patch that was current content for 15 months straight. Sure BFA has its issues, but it is nowhere near close to how much of a mishandled piece of garbage WoD was. WoD made me farm every old legendary, made me go crazy with pet battling and fishing, because there quite literally was nothing else to spend your time on.

But its the same old, hating whats current is in and romanticizing the past is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    bruh, getting 40 seconds insanity buffs on multi dot fights, and having a completely different specialization with dot weaving. Warlords shadow priest was probably its best iteration

The 60 second legion rotation was fun as well but that got gutted in bfa
    Shadow was fucking dogshit in WoD because it was the worst-scaling spell caster with the ring due to the lack of a legitimate DPS cooldown. You had to farm trash outside HFC every fucking pull which was a complete drag during progression.

Now, if all you did was the LFR... maybe it was okay? It didn't play terribly but it didn't play very well either.

Selfie camera and Apexis grind > azerite armor, ap grind, and benthic armor any day of the week, BFA is the worst expansion to me and is only carried by Legions m+

Corruption is the worst thing they’ve added to the game

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WoD was better because at least it had endearing PvP. BFA doesnt even have that.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Shadow was fucking dogshit in WoD because it was the worst-scaling spell caster with the ring due to the lack of a legitimate DPS cooldown. You had to farm trash outside HFC every fucking pull which was a complete drag during progression.

Now, if all you did was the LFR... maybe it was okay? It didn't play terribly but it didn't play very well either.
    I didn't do that and still had several 90th percentile parses. I stopped playing after mythic tyrant to go back to school though

Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    Ugh. Ok. Here we go.

X = WoD = Bad
    Y = BFA = Bad
    X > Y =/= X = Good

X is still bad. Just better than Y in comparison. Why is this concept so hard to grasp for like 50% of people on here. I thought common sense was still around, was I wrong?
    Yeah, I was wondering the same. I keep seeing this same thing in these threads.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

At least they hadnt ruined PvP in WoD. WoD was way more fun.

wod zones, classes, tier sets, raids, dungeons was so good that it shits on what bfa has to offer. no retarded neck farm

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    No WOD was HATED from the fucked up start till its broken and rushed end.
    Oh you already forgot the many people stuck flyin into their garrison? the archaeology screw up? Nostalgia must be great...
    WoD was regularly praised for the leveling experience at the beginning
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

As much as WoD was terrible... this one is basically as bad for me. They both suffer from the same problem: Cut storylines/content, bad writing, rehashed bosses/boss ideas... A ton of stuff that just has problems. The only difference between WoD and BfA is that they've forced raiders to do more than log on to raid.

Honestly the last three expansions have just been Blizzard's attempts to pander to nostalgia. At least Legion was interesting enough with it's Star Trek feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...have you already forgotten WoD? I think it's ridiculous people are saying BFA is the worst expansion ever. It is bad. No doubt about that. Maybe the 2nd worst. But just to refresh your memory here:

Top 3 points to remember about Warlords of Draenor vs Battle for Azeroth

1. Only had a .1 and .2 patch, 6.1's primary features being the Twitter integration and Selfie Camera. Compare that 8.1, 8.2, 8.3. Not even close.

2. WoD's primary feature was the Garrison. No new races, no new classes, just updated player models. BFA at least introduced Allied Races each with their own Heritage armor. It also did have a simplified mission table.

3. If you didn't raid in WoD, you had nothing to do. BFA benefited from the systems added in Legion: WQs so the outdoor world was still relevant much longer. Mythic+ Dungeons vs in WoD after you did heroic dungeons and capped that ilevel, there was 0 reason to go back and do them unless you were doing Challenge Modes.

4. (Bonus) Ashran LOL

I'll gladly accept any challengers arguing the contrary.
    I take it you weren't around for the patch that was nothing more than voice chat or whatever? That was long before 6.1. And world quests don't make the world any more relevant if you don't need to do them. Exalted with all factions? Got all the good gear? What are world quests going to give you that you really need? Oh, good, I get to go fill up a progress bar clearing out some mobs that dare to stand next to this puddle of this element we never needed before today but now we can't live without. Good times.

And let's really talk about allied races. What are they really? What makes the new dwarves different from the old ones besides cosmetics? Or the new elves, or any other allied race. Do they get a different questing experience? Different reactions from NPCs? Different anything? Nope, playing through stuff with a Void Elf is the same as playing through stuff with the corresponding elf of the faction (because I can't even remember which side void elves are on - that's how boring they are). And I'm pretty sure that my Lightforged Draenei won't feel any different than the normal Draenei shaman I've been leveling since level 1.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    I didn't do that and still had several 90th percentile parses. I stopped playing after mythic tyrant to go back to school though
    Ah yeah, looks like you quit pretty early into HFC. It was a pain in the dick towards the end.

3. If you didn't raid in WoD, you had nothing to do. BFA benefited from the systems added in Legion: WQs so the outdoor world was still relevant much longer. Mythic+ Dungeons vs in WoD after you did heroic dungeons and capped that ilevel, there was 0 reason to go back and do them unless you were doing Challenge Modes.

My bold, because that heavily dictates how one might of preferred WOD over BFA.

Raiding is what's kept me playing WOW since Vanilla. I did take some time out from raiding due IRL commitments, and constantly found myself un-subscribing because pugging and World Content doesn't do it for me.

As someone who's capped reps to exalted every expansions since Vanilla, I don't mind all the world content but I absolutely loathe it being tied to the power curve. Every single facet of modern WOW, even the pet battles, have been tied into the power progression curve be it via rep, currencies or daily quests... and that is why I loathe BFA.

As bad as people bash WoD, I enjoyed it. I did more then than I ever did in BfA.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Ah yeah, looks like you quit pretty early into HFC. It was a pain in the dick towards the end.
    had a rank 1 parse for 24 hours for normal imperitor on my mage lel

Pamini-sargeras

another class i find worse in legion/bfa, combustion clipping done well was so satisfying

I think all expansions are bad op

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    To be fair they didn't introduce it. They just used what was already there. The Caverns of Time is all time-travelling "alternate realities". That if we don't fix will change our own. They just didn't do a good job of communicating most of it in-game. Since the Timeless isle was the entire basis for how it was possible.
    Afaik, the cavern of time stuff is only altered timelines, not alternate universes, ie timelines that are able to co-exist without impacting each other.

On one hand you are correct, technically it was more them doubling down on it than introducing it like i said, but on the other hand the alternative universe stuff is what really constitutes a big can of worm. The Caverns of time is similar to the self-contained time-travel stories of terminator and back to the future, and the alternate universe is similar to the multiverses of Marvel/DC, which is fine if you embrace it and explore it in detail like those companies do, but not fine when you just throw it in for a single expansion and then tell everyone to just forget they ever did it and stop asking questions.

As a side note, thank you for correcting my language, I've always called them alternative over alternate since that's the Swedish version.

...have you already forgotten WoD? I think it's ridiculous people are saying BFA is the worst expansion ever. It is bad. No doubt about that. Maybe the 2nd worst. But just to refresh your memory here:

Top 3 points to remember about Warlords of Draenor vs Battle for Azeroth

1. Only had a .1 and .2 patch, 6.1's primary features being the Twitter integration and Selfie Camera. Compare that 8.1, 8.2, 8.3. Not even close.

2. WoD's primary feature was the Garrison. No new races, no new classes, just updated player models. BFA at least introduced Allied Races each with their own Heritage armor. It also did have a simplified mission table.

4. (Bonus) Ashran LOL

You are correct. BFA is far from the worst expansion. It’s just whiny entitled kids that needs to complain about everything at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    WoD was regularly praised for the leveling experience at the beginning
    I think you are both right. The actual experience of the questing was pretty good, but it's also true that the premise was largly panned as complete nonsense from the very beginning, time traveling mecha nazi orcs were quite the laughing stock back then.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    He literally explained what content there was to do in his post. Is your desire to hate WoD so completely overwhelming that you reject the mere possibility that there may exist human beings who enjoyed it?
    Could say his desire to hate BfA is so overwhelming that he is rejecting the possibility of anything being worse even when there is proof otherwise...