Thread: US Space Force

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    All of those things were already being handled by the Air Force. There was no reason to create a new branch of the military.
    All of those things were being handled by the Army Air Corp or Navy Air Corp why create another branch?

Space Force is not separate its a part of the Air Force like the Marines is part of the Navy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    I don't think it will be governments doing this but companies. Think SpaceX and Foxxconn on mars with their own mercenary force. Even then at some future date once the peeps on mars become self sufficient and don't "need no mans" from earth will break from any relation with earth and form their own government. Then we can have things like the first 3 seasons of The Expanse.
    Possibly but the issues with colonies during the age of Independence are moot due to communication not taking 3 months to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    When you said the “foliage up there” you meant space, so are you just not aware that people that go in space wear space suits? Or are you thinking the Americans have some hidden base on Mars and that they should be wearing more appropriate uniforms to match the terrain?

Our military wear camo, Air Force included.
    I see you still aren't getting that wearing camo is meaningless for the space force.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Is people's some objection to the space force because of the fact that trump did it? If Obama did it would the liberals in this thread be ok with it?
    Unlike the cult of Trump, Obama got flack when he did something bad though most of the time it was a policy not stupid publicity or ego stunts. I mean thinking about it now I stopped supporting Obama because he didn't impose tough regulations or break up the big banks after the financial crisis compared to shit Trump pulls everyday kind of pales. Trump goes after armed forces, FBI, CIA, Police even goes after dead veterans and war heroes and you guys still cheer.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2020-01-26 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I see you still aren't getting that wearing camo is meaningless for the space force.
    Camo is meaningless for 95% of the military for their whole career. For the remaining 5%, it is still useless 99.9% of the time, and probably only comes into play for a few seconds at a time, a half dozen times in a 20 year career.

The Space Force is wearing multi-cam pattern uniforms because it is cheap, it was the personnel already had (I am honestly not sure what we are calling them, they aren't Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, or Sailors), and the US government has tens of millions of them.

Since as you mentioned, the type of clothing they are wearing doesn't matter, they are wearing the cheapest option that still looks professional. It also helps them have a standardized appearance with the other 2 branches that wear it, which is helpful, since Space Force personnel are going to spend a lot of time attached to Army or Air Force units as the liaison for Space Operations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Unlike the cult of Trump, Obama got flack when he did something bad though most of the time it was a policy not stupid publicity or ego stunts. I mean thinking about it now I stopped supporting Obama because he didn't impose tough regulations or break up the big banks after the financial crisis compared to shit Trump pulls everyday kind of pales. Trump goes after armed forces, FBI, CIA, Police even goes after dead veterans and war heroes and you guys still cheer.
    I mean sure, but he isn't entirely wrong though. Just because Trumpsters are worse at it doesn't mean liberals don't do it. I think most of the flak that Space Force gets is due to Trump's involvement in it.

Most of the things that are getting mocked were decisions made by serious, professional adults, and they reflect practicality and tradition. Like the Seal that this thread was mocking (Because apparently people missed the fact that a Space Sci-Fi show that started in the 1960s was ripping off the US Space Program for its iconography), and the uniform selection. Trump didn't have anything to do with either of those, and both are totally reasonable things.

Space Force itself is... probably unnecessary right now. It isn't a horrible idea, we would need one eventually, but it probably wasn't mature enough to be its own thing. But now we have it, and that is fine. No reason to keep mocking it, the next Democratic president isn't going to disband it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Camo is meaningless for 95% of the military for their whole career. For the remaining 5%, it is still useless 99.9% of the time, and probably only comes into play for a few seconds at a time, a half dozen times in a 20 year career.

The Space Force is wearing multi-cam pattern uniforms because it is cheap, it was the personnel already had (I am honestly not sure what we are calling them, they aren't Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, or Sailors), and the US government has tens of millions of them.

Since as you mentioned, the type of clothing they are wearing doesn't matter, they are wearing the cheapest option that still looks professional. It also helps them have a standardized appearance with the other 2 branches that wear it, which is helpful, since Space Force personnel are going to spend a lot of time attached to Army or Air Force units as the liaison for Space Operations.
    Yeah, it seems the only reason they went with it was the price. And camo does NOT look professional.