Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, Corrupted gear is a better system, because it also comes with heavy downsides. Sure, that 415 bracer you got from a WQ is better then the 445 that you ALSO got from a WQ - But with the previous system, that 415 woulda just titanforged to a 460 or whatever. Same result, you just had higher ilvl with the previous iteration.

With corruption, it has obvious downsides. Sure, at lower corruption lvls they aren't much of one - But I had an alt that had extreme corruption "luck", and trust me - At 250 corruption, you die as soon as you take damage. So instead of getting EVERY piece with Titanforging, you just want a few pieces with corruption. Sure, you got that 415 crit bracer now, but it's week 2 - You'll get a 460 ilvl crit corruption, idk, belt, and because you don't want your corruption high, you can get rid of that 415 piece with crit corruption and get 445 bracers with crit rating (Or, hopefully, 460-475 bracers with crit rating)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Meh. I made my end getting alts to 120 and then geared enough to do LFR for the current tier. Made the game much more fun and enjoyable. I no longer have to min/max and worry that if I'm hunter #4 in my raid group then I don't get to raid and wasted all the time trying to get an upgrade or get something that RNG bless hunter #3 with that I did not get.

I play with for me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I mean, I know this is sarcasm but you also bring up an argument I've seen before, which is losing raid spots to people getting lucky with gear. No mythic guild worth their salt brings a person based on gear instead of actual results, and the 1-2 lucky titanforged pieces someone gets isn't going to suddenly make an average player into a really solid player, if you lose to this player in terms of performance it very likely wasn't due to their slightly higher ilvl. And if you and this lucky player somehow play exactly alike to the point where their slightly higher performance was due on ilvl alone and not any of the other 1000 issues that could come up due to performance, remember that you're in a very tiny minority of a very tiny minority. It does suck but I'd once again wager that it happens to very, very, very, very few players. Titanforging was over all better for the majority of the players in this game, and they didn't just remove it, they added in a much worse system.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for proving one of my earlier points that Corruption can suck ass for alts. Such an awful system.
    I mean if the alts never do 8.3 content then why would you even need gear?

If it corrupts then toss it in that situation

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I got 60 corruption Echoing Void on my main yesterday. See you guys below on me on the damage meter.

(until they nerf it)
    You see I saw a guildie get a 65 corruption infinite stars and the first thing I thought was “I’m going to hack you and cleanse it” The second was “damn you are going to need to max your cloak and use an essence to not get fucked”

I think even at a base level while the corruption effects are insane they also punish bad players

Sure theoretically you do 19k more damage with that piece but you also have to do a lot more to compete

Corruption gear is like diabetes

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    Nothing HAS to have a socket. Benthic gear maybe, but TF/Corrupted doesn't. Sure it helps, and adds 10-15ilvl to it, but what are you trying to do, get BiS in Bfa? That's a silly goal, this isn't early WoW.
    Let me tell you a story.

I got a ring from my Tortollan Emissary today. It has the exact same stats, and exact same stat-distribution as my current ring. Except it is 25 item levels higher, while the lower ring has a socket.

The 445 ring has 22 more secondary stats on it, total.
    The 420 ring has a socket, with 50 more secondary stats in it.

The socket is worth TWICE AS MUCH as the 25 item level upgrade.

At least on rings, a socket adds like, two entire TIERS worth of... worth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    You should never underestimate how bad some people are at playing this game.
    yeah, im one of those bad people, im a clicker, like yeh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    There are two kinds of players:
    1) For whom gameplay is primary and rewards are secondary. I call them "PVPers".
    2) For whom rewards are primary and gameplay is secondary. I call them "PVEers".

#2 are at least half of playerbase. They log in to work towards some specific reward. It's their goal of game. But... Game is designed purely for #1 now. For players, who play this game this way: "Log in, do some random BGs, get fun from it, may be something will drop, may be not - who cares, they will get their rewards eventually, after doing this random BGs for hundreds and thousands of times". As RNG completely destroys working towards some goal. Because your just can't WORK towards getting something, if it's pure RNG over RNG over another RNG, that gives you 0.000000000000001% chance of getting it, i.e. it's unreachable. So, I guess, #2 players have their right to complain about it. No?
    yet when blizzard tries to make rewards in pvp more accessible like they are in PVE the PVP community FLIPS, to the point threads are constantly being deleted, and blizzard is forced to revert the change.
    gladiator mounts that is fine, they didnt plan to touch those, like how in pve you have the ahead of the curve mounts.
    (even thoguh mythic mounts become a very low drop rate)
    But they wanted to make it so when you got to 2200 you got a token, and that token could be exchanged for ANY seasons transmog set.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    Nothing HAS to have a socket. Benthic gear maybe, but TF/Corrupted doesn't. Sure it helps, and adds 10-15ilvl to it, but what are you trying to do, get BiS in Bfa? That's a silly goal, this isn't early WoW.

Also #5 on corrupted is 100% wrong. While it was still on the PTR they removed random corruption amounts, there is no RNG there. There is a fixed amount, that varies between item slots (legs have more than wrists for example), but there is not random levels of corruption on the same slot.

I agree that these RNG systems stink, but I wouldn't say corruption is any worse than TF. I still think it is slightly better than TF overall (if they could ever somewhat balance the positive proc damage). Happy to not have 5-40 ilvls of variance. There is still huge gear variance (based on what positive bonus trait you get and socket), but it is fixed to a certain ilvl at least.

You clearly dont know wtf you are talking about, just reading " Happy to not have 5-40 ilvls of variance." The ilvl is just a fucking number, you can pretty much apply a bis corrupt mod to add +40 ilvl to the gear, because they are that powerful.

Lets say Infinite Stars rank 3 is equivalent to +40 ilvl. You kill wrathion and get a 460 ilvl gear, it comes with infinite stars rank 3, boom +40ilvs, now you have a 460 ilvl piece that have the power of a baseline 500ilvl piece. Tell me this isnt similar to titanforging, they just changed the semantics and you are living prove that it works.

I just accidentally cleansed a 50 corruption Echoing Void by not paying attention since I had two items with the same icon. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You don't like the way I'm complaining so you tell me how terrible I am for not liking the way other people are complaining.

Hypocrite.
    Lol you call someone a Hypocrite, yet your banner on posts certainly points to same conclusion!

So thank you for a solid laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I just accidentally cleansed a 50 corruption Echoing Void by not paying attention since I had two items with the same icon. Cool.
    Oof, man. Oof.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's a situation that seems at least unintended, losing a Vision to something out of your control is just ridiculous.
    Yes and no. Its bad that something you cant control makes you lose out. But it also cant be the other way where if you D/C you get refunded the item because that would be abused to hell and back. Oh I accidentally pulled before cleansing, ill quick D/C my internet and get refunded to try again etc. No way for the game to know the reasoning for your D/C.

As for corruption, I think it needs to be tuned well but I think the negative sides work well alongside it. Using the 415 ring for example, sure it might increase your dps decently, but thats alot of HP lost plus other stats with the corruption effects able to slow you down, damage you etc.
    Might not be as great for mythic raiding/high M+ etc just because the damage might not outdo the potential to die, or lack of movement speed might make many classes lose some dps during movement parts of fights to avoid stuff. Yeah sims are all good, but when was the last time there was a patchwerk fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Lets look at the systems.

TF/WF:
    1. The right item had to drop
    2. It had to have a socket
    3. It had to WF/TF

Thats 3 seperate RNG elements to every potential drop.

Corrupted Gear:
    1. The right item has to drop
    2. It has to be Corrupted
    3. It has to have a gem socket
    4. It has to have the right affix of corrupted to be "useful"
    5. It has to have the correct tier of corruption to be useful to you

Thats 5 separate RNG elements to deal with for each potential drop.

Thats not even mentioning the downsides of corrupted gear, please add 1-6 mechanics (depending on your cloak, Heart traits and gear) to every boss in order to gain the "benefits" of the corrupted gear
    It doesn't HAVE to be. You just have to get a random item with a good corruption, and you are set. You don't need a socket for it to be useful. A socket can be rolled on a different piece of gear and you will be set. Tier/right affix you are spot on, but rest is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    One of those isn't a bug (losing vision if you d/c).
    It's such an easy problem to solve, too.

Step 1: have Mementos you gain from small chests simply added to the pool for the end of the Vision, like everything else.
    Step 2: since (after step 1) the ONLY loot you get from Visions now comes from completing it, just have the Vessel consumed when you either win or lose the Vision, rather than when you start it.

There's literally nothing to gain by 'exploiting' it, it keeps people from losing their way-too-slow-to-obtain Vessels... win-win.

The Visions (aside from the small chests, but like I said, that's an easy fix) are already structured in a way that there's really no reason for the key to be consumed at the start, rather than at the end. It's a problem that never needed to exist in the first place.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2020-01-26 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy View Post
    It's such an easy problem to solve, too.

Step 1: have Mementos you gain from small chests simply added to the pool for the end of the Vision, like everything else.
    Step 2: since (after step 1) the ONLY loot you get from Visions now comes from completing it, just have the Vessel consumed when you either win or lose the Vision, rather than when you start it.

There's literally nothing to gain by 'exploiting' it, it keeps people from losing their way-too-slow-to-obtain Vessels... win-win.

The Visions (aside from the small chests, but like I said, that's an easy fix) are already structured in a way that there's really no reason for the key to be consumed at the start, rather than at the end. It's a problem that never needed to exist in the first place.
    It removes the gamble of going for more in the vision though. If im not going to succeed and I dont want to lose my vision, simply umplug my ethernet cable and now I can restart it fresh. It removes the punishment of making a mistake.

In the first few not much really to lose, but as you get higher and need to extra zones etc, the scope for exploiting increases as the difficulty to succeeding increases.

Also how do you handle group ones? Do all get reset if one person D/Cs? Do you remove the HP scaling of mobs? If you dont reset everyone and you do them as a group then the person who D/Cs now has 1 more vessel and their group has already done it etc. Lots of variables.
    Last edited by Dazu; 2020-01-26 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    It removes the gamble of going for more in the vision though. If im not going to succeed and I dont want to lose my vision, simply umplug my ethernet cable and now I can restart it fresh. It removes the punishment of making a mistake.
    Yeah but that doesn't provide an advantage though. There's nothing to be gained by doing it, only losses to be avoided.

And if someone's gonna fail, then they pull the plug and this time settle for less... that's literally no different from if they had just started safe. Pulling the plug and trying again isn't going to make them somehow capable of finishing a wing they couldn't finish before pulling the plug.

Yes and no. Its bad that something you cant control makes you lose out. But it also cant be the other way where if you D/C you get refunded the item because that would be abused to hell and back. Oh I accidentally pulled before cleansing, ill quick D/C my internet and get refunded to try again etc. No way for the game to know the reasoning for your D/C.
    At some point though you have to give, like seriously, the people dcing because they messed up isn't really that big of a deal. What is a big deal is losing something because a bird farted on your wifi router.

Yeah but that doesn't provide an advantage though. There's nothing to be gained by doing it, only losses to be avoided.

And if someone's gonna fail, then they pull the plug and this time settle for less... that's literally no different from if they had just started safe. Pulling the plug and trying again isn't going to make them somehow capable of finishing a wing they couldn't finish before pulling the plug.
    Yes it is. I failed 1 because I missed an interrupt on a fear and ran out of time to use my orb by about 1 second (clicked it and ran out of sanity before it started refilling me). If I D/C myself, then I could have restarted that run and got my upgrade item. If its purely a dps issue, then no, but if its a pull/strategy issue then you can keep restarting to practice a perfect pull strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    At some point though you have to give, like seriously, the people dcing because they messed up isn't really that big of a deal. What is a big deal is losing something because a bird farted on your wifi router.
    I guess at the end of the day, people have gotta ask themselves what's more important to them:
    Players not losing their hard-earned key because someone/thing else fucked up, or
    Players not having the ability to simply try again if they fail.

Honestly, I don't understand people who pick the latter. What's wrong with other players being able to try again, as long as they don't get to keep anything they got from the first attempt.

(Plus I think some people are really overestimating how many people have their system set up in a way that they can get to and unplug the ethernet cable in the one and a half seconds it takes to lose.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Lets look at the systems.

TF/WF:
    1. The right item had to drop
    2. It had to have a socket
    3. It had to WF/TF

Thats 3 seperate RNG elements to every potential drop.

Corrupted Gear:
    1. The right item has to drop
    2. It has to be Corrupted
    3. It has to have a gem socket
    4. It has to have the right affix of corrupted to be "useful"
    5. It has to have the correct tier of corruption to be useful to you

Thats 5 separate RNG elements to deal with for each potential drop.

Thats not even mentioning the downsides of corrupted gear, please add 1-6 mechanics (depending on your cloak, Heart traits and gear) to every boss in order to gain the "benefits" of the corrupted gear
    doesnt have to have a socket, you can put sockets on them
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Yes it is. I failed 1 because I missed an interrupt on a fear and ran out of time to use my orb by about 1 second (clicked it and ran out of sanity before it started refilling me). If I D/C myself, then I could have restarted that run and got my upgrade item. If its purely a dps issue, then no, but if its a pull/strategy issue then you can keep restarting to practice a perfect pull strategy.
    Yeah, but again, you don't gain anything from that.

You would literally never be able to look at someone and go "Wow they totally D/C'd to get more stuff than I did". Because doing that wouldn't give someone more stuff than you.

And don't act like practice is gonna make that much of a deal in the Visions. Enemies in there have, like, two abilities at most. And almost all of them amount to "Move a little".
    If you're the kind of player that needs a bunch of practice to master those pulls, you shouldn't be the kind of player to be bothered about a hypothetical difference in Mementos that is so minor it could only possibly matter to the absolute most cutting-edge of players - and won't matter to them until after the end of the Mythic race.

And once more, because I can't stress it enough: if a player isn't capable of clearing all three wings, restarting isn't going to change that. If they ARE capable of doing it, what possible difference does it make to you personally whether they did it in one or two attempts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    doesnt have to have a socket, you can put sockets on them
    It'd take hundreds of Horrific Visions just to socket a single item. That's not really a viable solution.
    Last edited by Mixxy; 2020-01-26 at 07:45 AM.

It'd take hundreds of Horrific Visions just to socket a single item. That's not really a viable solution.
    Yes, as of right now it would take hundreds, but not on full clears where a week or two max later down the road. Using right now as an argument doesn't make sense.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE