Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Has it not bothered how World of warcraft is coming closer and closer to a facebook game everyday? There are just way too many features that are designed to keep you subscribed.
    Subscription-based game wants you to be subscribed. What a discovery. The horror.

What are you doing about it now that you have uncovered their dastardly ways?

Yes it is a mobile game but played on PC, even classes could be played on a touchscreen with some combos since 90% of the damage is tied to gear / essences and such, instead of being in the players hands

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Dang Facebook games must have gotten really intricate since the days of Farmville spam from all my friends.

Either that or the game is still a country mile away from a Facebook game and the term you're looking for is "real close to Diablo 3."
    I would say this is spot on accurate. In D3 a new season comes out its popular for about a week or 2 and then it quickly dries up, similar to how this patch is already going..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. "removed vendors" they removed some, not all, you know that azerite residium exists right? and also there is a pvp "vendor" in the weekly choice of what piece you want, and the "upgrade any item you want!"

2. thats not face book games, thats just mmo's, was classic more of a facebook game cause it had no flying, and traveling was liek 30% of your gameplay time (it was, oh my god was traveling so slow)

3. time gates are mmo things, not just facebook games, timegates have been a major thing since day 1 of vanilla, weekly raid lockouts, super lsow leveling, super slow travel, then dailies, daily heroics, etc.

4. what...? having to unlock stuff by doing content is somehow facebook stuff now?

5. yeah, you are the only one seeing this. its funny how the only part of the game that is like facebook which is the mission table, you didnt even mention, the rest of it though yeah nothing close.

- - - Updated - - -

classic- weekly lockouts, cooldown crafting, legendaries crafting
    TBC-daily heroics, daily quests, legendary drop chance
    wotlk- daily heroics EVEN MORE because of badges, legendary crafting back, daily quests EVEN MORE as some of your best enchants could only be earned from gettign specific reps to exalted.
    cata- actually nothing new really got added.
    mop- same nothing new got added.
    wod- mission table
    legion- artifact level
    BFA- azerite level.

every expansion has had "if you dont log on this week/day, you will permantly fall behind everyone else"
    Yes and no

Some years ago it was about being an active or casual player, now you can not cater to either if you don´t log in. You can always have the latest gear, but you will not have the neck level, cloak rank and essences, which means, you can´t even pvp around, you are plain under powered without those 3. In fact, you can not even select the equipment you want to upgrade, there is a settled list for it..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Has it not bothered how World of warcraft is coming closer and closer to a facebook game everyday? There are just way too many features that are designed to keep you subscribed.

Lets start with loot. Removed PvE and PvP vendors so you have no reliable way of earning loot. That combined with titan forging forces you to rerun the same shit over and over again.

Not having flying at launch is there to make it so everything takes so much longer, and the path finder on top of that is a TIME GATED achievement.

Time gates in general. Done your weekly caps? Might aswell log off. Done your emmisaries? Literallt impossible to earn additional reputation. We had tabards and justice points before so even after doing everything and getting locked out you could STILL do something productive

Allied races too. The entire system is there to make you use even more time because you have to do last expansions stuff thats timegated aswell

I cant be the only one seeing this. They arent making a fun game anymore, they are making a game thats designed go earn as much money as possible by making everything take forever to do so you stay subscribed
    a game that wants to keep you subscribed. imagine that! let's go over your concerns.

loot: yes, the pvp vendors were removed. they should come back, I agree. but you included PvE vendors in there as well - which are now obsolete given that world quests give gear and there is gear everywhere. you say you want to "earn" loot yet you want PvE vendors where you can just buy loot with gold or some other currency which doesn't really solve anything. even the best loot from the emissary vendors is trash now and required revered or exalted to get. you complain that you have to constantly farm/stay subscribed yet you want people to go and farm gold/currency to buy from a PvE vendor which requires staying subscribed so you can do said farming.

flying at launch: yeah I kinda agree with you on this one. should be 1 part and available from launch. you explore, do the questlines, get to revered with the factions and boom! you get flying

time gates: you know that time gates have existed since Vanilla right? remember new dailies opening up once you hit a certain rep level - time gating. and lots of people complain that the grind is endless. even right now if you wanted to get your neck level to 80 you could by spamming Islands and M+. this patch is trying to change that by introducing a cap on how much you NEED to do as opposed to what you WANT to do. before they buffed the daily rewards you could've ignored them completely - they gave shit rewards and shit rep. the only daily you absolutely NEEDED to do in 8.3 was the one in the lesser vision. Blizzard have said that next expansion you will have a cap on how much you HAVE to farm but you will have a variety of ways to get to said cap. I imagine it will be like Valor points back in MoP which had a cap on how much you could earn each week but was only available via dailies and raids. now imagine that same system but instead of 2 sources of Valor points you had a lot more ways to get it - emissaries, dailies, first random dungeon of the day, M+, raiding. means you can choose how you get to the cap giving back player agency.

Allied Races: yeah some allied races require you to do Legion stuff, because they were introduced at the end of Legion. Blizzard have made it a lot easier to get though by doubling the rep gains from some of the world quests and if you do them on world quest week then that, combined with mission table missions that give rep and emissaries and quest lines hell you can be exalted within a week. or pretty damn close anyway. but yeah, they are time gated because again like every single rep in the game reps are time gated. you need to do the content to get the rewards.

your thread is saying that WoW is like a facebook game. but it's clearly not, and all your arguments about time gating are negated by the fact that time gating has been a part of WoW since forever. the only thing that shouldn't be time gated is flying which as I said should be available from day 1 to obtain via the achievement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't remember an expansion in the last 10 years where 'falling behind' wasn't a concern on someone's part.
    Exactly...people will obsess over it no matter what, just look at the people who pretended like farming the Garrison was mandatory on a daily basis months after you farmed every chunk of ore you'll ever need that expansion....every damn weed.

BfA is by no means perfect or close to the best expansion, but players these days have such outrageous expectations sometimes or act as if Blizzard somehow "forces" them to do something. Then you have the people who bull rush through content then complain there is nothing to do...well the devs made sure there is something for them to do, maybe some of the blame should go onto people like them.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Dang Facebook games must have gotten really intricate since the days of Farmville spam from all my friends.

Either that or the game is still a country mile away from a Facebook game and the term you're looking for is "real close to Diablo 3."
    I remember playing Mob Wars on Facebook. that and Vampires vs Werewolves.

What ? a online game made to keep you subscribed, what kinda crazy idea is that.

Lets start with loot. Removed PvE and PvP vendors so you have no reliable way of earning loot. That combined with titan forging forces you to rerun the same shit over and over again.

Not having flying at launch is there to make it so everything takes so much longer, and the path finder on top of that is a TIME GATED achievement.

Time gates in general. Done your weekly caps? Might aswell log off. Done your emmisaries? Literallt impossible to earn additional reputation. We had tabards and justice points before so even after doing everything and getting locked out you could STILL do something productive

Allied races too. The entire system is there to make you use even more time because you have to do last expansions stuff thats timegated aswell

I cant be the only one seeing this. They arent making a fun game anymore, they are making a game thats designed go earn as much money as possible by making everything take forever to do so you stay subscribed
    It's an MMO. Like all MMOs it is designed to keep you subscribed long term. Were you complaining that you had to be on foot until 40 in Vanilla, that Blizzard was purposely slowing you down to keep you subbed longer? Because that's exactly why? Or that rep gains took for ever to keep you subbed longer, or that epic mounts cost so much you had to stay subbed longer just to earn the gold to buy the training and mount.

Acting as if now they are doing something shitty to keep you subbed is disingenuous, since MMOs are designed to keep you playing long term.

Getting closer and closer? THese have all been around for so long except for allied races, and even then, there was things in last expansion stuff that was time gated.

Loot has always been from drops. Even back in wrath, while you had badges that could help, you had to actually take down bosses. In a lot of cases, you would get better drops from the bosses before you got enough badges anyway. Its why so many people ran around in PvP gear for a long time, It was the only thing they Could farm. Then they added stats that made it weaker to try to off set people in PvE using it and that failed. Now what we have is everything is from drops. Back to square 1 from PvE perspective.

Flying used be gated behind thousands of gold that was hard to acquire.

Time gates have been around since vanilla. Reps for gear. Attunements and lengthy quests. This isn't new pal.

Same thing for going back and getting stuff. Nether drakes. Ever hear of em? Time gated behind an old rep.

This isn't becoming a facebook game. Its the same things that has always been there, just packaged with a new look. The only thing facebook about it is the mobile app that you can 100% ignore with zero consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Time gates have been around since vanilla. Reps for gear. Attunements and lengthy quests. This isn't new pal.
    Back in the day you could farm almost as much rep as you wished for a lot of them instead of being hard locked because getting exalted with a rep need to take 3 weeks of daily activities so you keep your sub on. Back in the day I could blast some hours just to be a bit ahead knowing I won't play for a couple of days. Nowadays a day lost is a net loss of reputation as I can't make up for the 250 rep missed. That's the difference.

Also them throwing a raid patch a month and a week before the actual raid opening, if this ain't sub money bait idk what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    It's an MMO. Like all MMOs it is designed to keep you subscribed long term. Were you complaining that you had to be on foot until 40 in Vanilla, that Blizzard was purposely slowing you down to keep you subbed longer? Because that's exactly why? Or that rep gains took for ever to keep you subbed longer, or that epic mounts cost so much you had to stay subbed longer just to earn the gold to buy the training and mount.

Acting as if now they are doing something shitty to keep you subbed is disingenuous, since MMOs are designed to keep you playing long term.
    People just don't think about that the game was slow, filled with slow things that required you to be online longer than they have to now. Or they simply do not know how it was, which is quite evident reading mmo-champion forums. Lots of WotLK/Cata/MoP babies. So in their defense they might not have anything to compare with. Weekly caps, lockouts, running/ground mounts, questlines with awful drop rates etc was totally fine, dailies too in TBC. Because that was the MMO we knew.

I still remember people complaining that flying was so expensive in the start of TBC. Most of those I knew could not afford a mount so they had to wait till later in the expansion. For them it was the same as pathfinder now

I loved Legion. It was more like a mmo again. BfA also got parts of that, the difference is how they designed it. I can read people complain about the grind? What grind? It's a fucking mmo! BfA got issues for sure, but like I said in another thread, the issue is not the grind, nor time gating. Blizzard could fix some stuff to make it more like an mmo again, totally. Professions is one of them. But to make it more like the older days will require people to play more. Oh noes. So I understand it's hard to make WoW these days. Who do we want to please must be a daily concern for Blizzard.

I don't know what's worse: Legion and those no-brain world quests or the WoD garrison mission table?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    Back in the day you could farm almost as much rep as you wished for a lot of them instead of being hard locked because getting exalted with a rep need to take 3 weeks of daily activities so you keep your sub on. Back in the day I could blast some hours just to be a bit ahead knowing I won't play for a couple of days. Nowadays a day lost is a net loss of reputation as I can't make up for the 250 rep missed. That's the difference.
    which rep are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    When was wow ever full? Just look at classic,it died in the most horrid way,cuz it was never full of content.Atleast if they tried to gate content there but its still corpse.
    Classic died? Lol you rly dont play classic .....cuz you sugar daddy asmon stop play classic ?...90% of classic server's still high population, check It for yourself, idk but i feel you tryed play classic as pally and see you can only heal to start this mimimi.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    People just don't think about that the game was slow, filled with slow things that required you to be online longer than they have to now. Or they simply do not know how it was, which is quite evident reading mmo-champion forums. Lots of WotLK/Cata/MoP babies. So in their defense they might not have anything to compare with. Weekly caps, lockouts, running/ground mounts, questlines with awful drop rates etc was totally fine, dailies too in TBC. Because that was the MMO we knew.

I still remember people complaining that flying was so expensive in the start of TBC. Most of those I knew could not afford a mount so they had to wait till later in the expansion. For them it was the same as pathfinder now

I loved Legion. It was more like a mmo again. BfA also got parts of that, the difference is how they designed it. I can read people complain about the grind? What grind? It's a fucking mmo! BfA got issues for sure, but like I said in another thread, the issue is not the grind, nor time gating. Blizzard could fix some stuff to make it more like an mmo again, totally. Professions is one of them. But to make it more like the older days will require people to play more. Oh noes. So I understand it's hard to make WoW these days. Who do we want to please must be a daily concern for Blizzard.
    Hell even those that started in Wrath or later have been subject to the same time gsting and slowdowns all MMOs have. So it is once again, bitching just to bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Hell even those that started in Wrath or later have been subject to the same time gsting and slowdowns all MMOs have. So it is once again, bitching just to bitch.
    Yeah, remember ICC? Now that was time gating ^^