Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It definitely lacks a new race or a new class to entice people in, so in that regard it's definitely less in terms of features - but we'll see when the alpha / beta comes along to show us what's really going on. Honestly, I don't think we should expect as much promise as Legion or BfA since it seems Blizzard finally learned their lesson about revealing things they can never promise in time. Towards that end we may actually get more features as the patches come along, which I'm fine with if they stick around.

Regardless though, it does seem to be more modest than other expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, the only thing that matters is class design.

If I personally experience another BFA in that regard, then it's awful.

Otherwise, i don't really care if at max level my content is dungeons, bgs or raids. I did it in BC and WOTLK I'll do it again

Will admit its the first expansion trailer that I just sort of shrugged at the end. Even BFA had me ready to play. Not saying its gonna be bad, but nothing they have teased really has me interested, which is honestly how I've felt since mid Bfa as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    To people who think I shouldnt preorder a wow xpac, I have gotten my monies worth in every expansion. Just the leveling and initial gearing alone is fun enough for me to pay full game price.

- - - Updated - - -

This feels a lot like MoP to me tbh. People were like lol what? It was all brand new. New lore. New never seen/barely heard about zones etc. Now thats not to say that Shadowlands is going to be good, but im getting MoP vibes, and MoP is my favorite expansion.
    And just like MoP there are a lot of people complaining about it, all be it about completely different things but complaining none the less. It wasn't till MoP was over till people really showed it love.

If you find it boring, then don't play it?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Gameplay wise everything they're talking about and the philosophies for 8.3 makes me excited. Lore wise, this has to be Sylvanas' last expansion in the spotlight, either she dies or she fucks off, having such a divisive character at the forefront for 3 expansions in a row is silly
    I mean technically she wasn't at the forefront of Legion; she literally appeared in one zone then was absent for the rest of it. also, while she was a villain in BfA a lot of other characters have had more game time than she did; Tyrande, Jaina, Talanji, Nathanos, Anduin, Lor'themar, Magni. we also don't know how long she will stay at the front of Shadowlands so it will probably be an expansion and a half all up

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 11 months away. I can wait a while before deciding I hate it. I don't know enough to say.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Looks interesting to me.
    As far as boring, features and whatnot, you need to play it first or see some gameplay and details on it (youtuber x complaining that he doesn't like the game doesn't count).

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    I vowed after BFA was never spending money on another expansion if it didnt look amazing
    took a while but managed to grind enough gold to buy tokens for the 49.99 version,
    Its the same with Gametime been converting the gold into tokens. If they get things sorted will go back
    using a sub right away
    You know Blizzard gets more money from that than you paying a sub, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's 11 months away. I can wait a while before deciding I hate it. I don't know enough to say.
    Any source for this? Blizzard's confirmed an 11+ month drought?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I feel shadowland will be a much better expansion than BFA by miles. Reason being is that they cut the devlopment of 8.3 by half and cancelled 8.3.5

The same thing happened back in WoD, they cut development time to focus on legion.
    Ah yes, cancelling 8.3.5 is proof that 9.3.5 won't be cancelled and therefore it'll be a much better expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    i know we have very little information, but having only one BFA cinematic the forums burned brighter than Teldrassil. SL has nothing to give the community, even hype.
    Said it yourself - we know very little. Most hype doesn’t really start until the Alpha/Beta datamining starts anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    classic wait for beta, wait for release, give him first patch, wait for the end expansion, let's see what will happen in the next expansion
    oh yes that meme.
    i mean come the fuck on
    atleast wait for the beta
    yes there is the "wait for beta, wait for release, wait for patch"
    but you need to atleast be able to play the thing ffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    11 months? where did you get this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You know Blizzard gets more money from that than you paying a sub, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Any source for this? Blizzard's confirmed an 11+ month drought?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, cancelling 8.3.5 is proof that 9.3.5 won't be cancelled and therefore it'll be a much better expansion.
    people alos keep flipping out about 8.3.5 and how it woulda saved it, and how it woulda had so much content..

only 2 prior expansions have had a final patch after the raid. legion and wotlk.
    its liekly 8.3.5 was planned like MONTHS ago and may have had just a few questlines. and some of those cut, some of those added into what we now call 8.3

and nah, its not releasing december (which is how we would have an 11 month drought.)
    and even then, an 11 month drought would mean it would need to release next year, cause of prepatch, and thats not happening.
    its likely releasing august, with the prepatch a month before hand.

blizz loves august.

legion was august
    bfa was august
    classic was august.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I feel sarcasm.

I was talking about speculation. I did not claim facts here just to be clear. It's just a gut feeling that Shadowland will be legion quality.
    WoD was scaled back by release, BfA was scaled back by 8.3. I don't know if we're going to get Legion levels of content, honestly. I'm sure we'll get something similar to BfA (at least 9.0 - 9.2), but reel those expectations in a little bit. Legion had all that extra manpower behind it and time, while I'm certain Shadowlands has similar manpower, they probably didn't pull everyone (mostly) off until somewhere within 8.3's development.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    August is way too soon.
    I'm going to go with November or next year
    Next year not happening
    why is august too soon?

Good observation, but wasn't WoD a very ambitious expansion to begin with? like they discovered that it was unbearable so they decided to scale it back? the amopunt of work looked like 2 expansions at once when they announced it.

But either ways, I like to be optimistic and at the end of the day, it's a game. if it's not fun, I just unsub & give Blizzard another chance next year.
    WoD wasn't exactly ambitious so much as they fucked up. The team had doubled in size and they had trouble getting everyone up to par with the tools they use and make everything work in a timely fashion. So clearly they reduced WoD's content flow so that they could focus on their teams and Legion. Because of this, yeah, we got Legion which was arguably great in content (But awful in other ways, which were fixed later on by 7.2 / 7.3).

And true, play what you enjoy and stop when you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because 5 months isn't a long enough drought by history standards.
    August 8 months away my dude.

but yeah it would be a short drought putting it at 8 months
    (Not gunna count prepatch for this, just final major patch, to launch of expansion)

tbc to wotlk was 8 months

WOTLK to cata was 12 months TO THE DAY

cata to mop was 10 months

mop to wod was 13 months

wod to legion was 15 months

legion to BFA was 7 months.

so if BFA was 8 months that would put it higher then legion, same as tbc, etc. but that would still be low, so who knows.
    maybe september, MAYBE november, but i dont see the december date people are saying. they said after cata they never wanna do another december expansion release.

From what we have seen so far, it looks rather dull and uninspired.
    Let's see what news comes next.
    But no matter what, the forums will be filled with :

How can you judge it when you know nothing.

Then a bit later:

It's still early days more will come.

Then a bit later:

It's only alpha things will change.

Then a bit later:

It's only beta things will change.

Then even later:

Another half assed pile of trash gets released.
    Maybe start calling out "too early" criers when it's not too early anymore. Just because other people abuse that argument when its WAY too late to use it (somwhere between alpha and beta), doesn't mean that it's not valid now. We don't know anything about Shadowlands that helps us determine how good it is. We have a theme, not an actual story/location to judge, we have vague design goals instead of actual gameplay and both of those could suck or be great. Nobody here knows.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    They've been unusually quiet about the expansion this time around. Alpha has to be soon if they're sticking to that 2020 release date, so we're bound to learn a lot more in the coming weeks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Maybe start calling out "too early" criers when it's not too early anymore. Just because other people abuse that argument when its WAY too late to use it (somwhere between alpha and beta), doesn't mean that it's not valid now. We don't know anything about Shadowlands that helps us determine how good it is. We have a theme, not an actual story/location to judge, we have vague design goals instead of actual gameplay and both of those could suck or be great. Nobody here knows.
    Usually people use the "Lol its just alpha, its just beta, its just patch"

Without realizing depending on what that it, it is a legit argument.

right now its "we dont even have alpha"
    yeah... that is a legit argument, we cant even play the game.

"Its just alpha" is usually ok for major systems not working, aswell as classes not being good, as that stuff gets fixed in alpha.
    "its just beta" is usually good for class balance, and bugged content. as that stuff gets fixed in beta

its usually that people cry about things like "its alpha, why is my class so shit! where is the balance, this one spell does way too little!"
    yeah its just alpha... you gotta wait to near launch before they balance that, class balance is liek the last thing they do, cause of constant changing.

but seriously no one says "its just the first patch" what people do say is "the patch just launched" cause there will always be bugs, usually at patch launch there is bugs and they are ironed out, this happened every patch.
    although 8.3 seemed to have more then normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Calling something boring when we literally know nothing about it.

Seems good.
    You might want to google "shadowlands".
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    They've been unusually quiet about the expansion this time around. Alpha has to be soon if they're sticking to that 2020 release date, so we're bound to learn a lot more in the coming weeks.
    not really, BFA alpha for example started in feb, game launched in august.
    legions was november.
    we dont know how long internal alpha has been going on at blizz, or even friends/family.
    i know word from some peopel close to blizz its already being tested by some "Influencers"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    You might want to google "shadowlands".
    I googled "shadowlands gameplay" and didnt really find much, other then a few quests at blizzcon.
    odd, where do you have actual end game gameplay videos?