View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The bigliest by circulation and most popular newspaper in Germany has an editor very jealous of Brexit? My my, the EU is in trouble. German exit next? The power of msm should not be underestimated...
    Yep, bigliest, that's a rather fitting term. It's just short of toilet paper both in popularity and shit on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

At that Champagne reception in Berlin, she boasted of her achievements, then went on to do something most unusual for a Western politician: she quoted the Russian revolutionary Lenin, who referred to the political principle of 'one step forward, two steps back'.

No one seemed surprised that Merkel uttered the name of this mass-murdering communist in front of an august group of U.S. academics.
    Fucking hell that is some real spin right there

That entire article reads like some kind of fan fiction.
    Last edited by Howel; 2020-01-25 at 07:30 PM.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    Fucking hell that is some real spin right there

That entire article reads like some kind of fan fiction.

Oh man, that's hilarious. I never knew Paula Abdul was such a raging Lenin fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiravi View Post
    Oh man, that's hilarious. I never knew Paula Abdul was such a raging Lenin fan.
    Fun fact, if you play "Opposites Attract" in reverse the lyrics actually form part of the Communist Manifesto. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-irish-traders

Brexit: hooray for bureaucracy
    seems UK is already in trouble, because frictionless trade will not happen. not between rUK and NI and between UK and EU. trade with Switzerland (non EU) for example is excempt, because they follow every EU rule to the letter; the very alignment Sajid Javid ruled out for UK.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-irish-traders

Brexit: hooray for bureaucracy
    seems UK is already in trouble, because frictionless trade will not happen. not between rUK and NI and between UK and EU. trade with Switzerland (non EU) for example is excempt, because they follow every EU rule to the letter; the very alignment Sajid Javid ruled out for UK.
    Gee that reads as if there is a pretty hard border in the Irish Sea that cuts NI from the rest of the UK. Almost as if this has been said repeatedly since Boris's deal was first announced.

Fortunately for the government NI can be safely lied to and ignored in parliament.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Now brexit is paying out its dividend to me, meeting later today to discuss a potential 50% paycut or redundancy. Just collateral damage I guess amongst the working class so dribbles gets his brexit dream!

More like the EU is pooping itself as the UK/US deal soon reaches a swift conclusion.

One side of the brexit debacle faces the world weak, scared and fearful of the future, that's not the open for business, confident and now strong and stable UK. Reality dawns even for the most vocal of the project fear remainers.
    Man, the delusion is super strong here. I guess you enjoy this fantasy, it's much more flattering to you than the reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51260282
    Varadkar: EU will have stronger team in trade talks with UK
    Well, no shit. But the people in comments are delusional. Maths, MATHS, common, you are not that stupid, are you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51260282

Well, no shit. But the people in comments are delusional. Maths, MATHS, common, you are not that stupid, are you?
    We brexiteers can do the maths tyvm. 4 days from now the UK is re-joining a family of 170-ish free nations in a global alliance outside the 27 left inside the EU prison walls.

170 > 27 as all good Europeans like me should be able to see.

Tick tock.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

We brexiteers can do the maths tyvm. 4 days from now the UK is re-joining a family of 170-ish free nations in a global alliance outside the 27 left inside the EU prison walls.

Tick tock.
    of those 170 you have.

3 That will look at the UK with licking their lips over how plunder it harder than the UK plundered Africa.
    A Continent whose purchasing power doesn't reach 50% of France
    Also a world that has almost unanimously has stated how they'd rather make deals with the 27 instead of the 1. That includes said continent that has a purchasing power less than 50% of France.

Tick tock.
    Ah, yes, you are one of those people, it seems. It is almost like you believe that those 170 will act as a one with a single trade agreement with UK or that they do not trade with the 27, oh, wait, they absolutely do.
    It is truly about as sad as reading someone from the USA defending lack of paid vacations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Quaint suggestion. Maybe the UK election results should be counted like that too. :thinking:
    Perhaps we should go by Amazon song sales, I'm betting Dominic Frisby wins over Beethoven for UK No 1 Song on Friday. I've done my bit and bought it, if only to hear the BBC have to play it all week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2zJ8vaB5jo

13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Perhaps we should go by Amazon song sales, I'm betting Dominic Frisby wins over Beethoven for UK No 1 Song on Friday. I've done my bit and bought it, if only to hear the BBC have to play it all week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2zJ8vaB5jo

That can't real - can it?

People are actually buying Ode to Joy and Dominic Frisby's all so amusing ditty all because of Brexit?

Wow! I guess that's proof - if needed - that the Brexit debate is dominated by complete morons.

-------

Having checked Amazon it would appear that this is real and from the comments left by buyers is seems that people are indeed buying songs - that presumably they would not buy under normal circumstances - all to send their little Brexit message.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-01-27 at 06:56 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post

Having checked Amazon it would appear that this is real and from the comments left by buyers is seems that people are indeed buying songs - that presumably they would not buy under normal circumstances - all to send their little Brexit message.
    remember "Ding-Dong ! the Witch is Dead" was a thing in 2013, to "celebrate" the passing of former PM Margaret Thatcher. it rose to #2 in the charts and BBC refused to play the song in its entirety.
    never underestimate songs and their influence in politics.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2020-01-27 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That can't real - can it?

People are actually buying Ode to Joy and Dominic Frisby's all so amusing ditty all because of Brexit?

Wow! I guess that's proof - if needed - that the Brexit debate is dominated by complete morons.

-------

Yes, this and the Big Ben Bong or whatever it is really shows the off the thoughtful and considerate choice that was Brexit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Wait, so they supported it in the EU but won't apply similar laws for their own country?
    That has been their modus operandi for a long long time regarding the EU.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    That has been their modus operandi for a long long time regarding the EU.
    More precisely their modus operandi has been to suggest, demand and support rules in the EU and turn around and blame the EU for agreeing to the demands

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah Dribbles, the times you make me laugh.

Buying Beethoven to celebrate the brexit, even better that it is an Rieu album. Crying about Germany 24/7 while celebrating with German music, simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Ah Dribbles, the times you make me laugh.

Buying Beethoven to celebrate the brexit, even better that it is an Rieu album. Crying about Germany 24/7 while celebrating with German music, simply amazing.
    You think people are buying Ode to Joy to celebrate Brexit??? Really???