Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Woltk has no right to the claim of being the best expansion while

Woltk has no right to the claim of being the best expansion while we have people complain about every little thing in newer expensions:

1. woltk leveling was repetetive

2. flying was locked at the beginning

3. dunegeons/ raids were mostly faceroll, if you did not artificaly increased the difficulty

4. most mounts were reskins

5. no world content

6. extrem time gating

7. more and more

great bait 10/10

Argent dawn tournament made me quit. Grind was awful.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says, WotLK is the best expansion? I liked MoP and Legion a lot more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Woltk has no right to the claim of being the best expansion while we have people complain about every little thing in newer expensions:

3. dunegeons/ raids were mostly faceroll, if you did not artificaly increased the difficulty

5. no world content

6. extrem time gating

7. more and more
    Dont forget
    making the game easier for people
    unbalanced classes.
    store mounts
    bad raids
    rehashing content like entire raids
    removing old content from the game
    Long drought.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

WotLK is my favorite expansion but its not perfect, every expansion has its flaws. Its just that WotLK did more things right compared to the others. The only flaws that bugs me is the undertuned Naxx (though it made it fun and easier to run on alts) and ToC as a raid rather than Azjol-Nerub. Also they should’ve done way more with Kel’Thuzad and Anub’arak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Argent dawn tournament made me quit. Grind was awful.
    The Argent Gruntling + Pony Reins is just awesome...

How can you say no to a "pet" with a Bank/Mailbox function?

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    agreed, Legion is still my favorite.

Wotlk > Vanilla > MoP > Legion > TBC > Cata > > > > > WOD/BFA are the expansion/version were I had the most fun and that is how I judge the expansion.
    1. Leveling was fun imo.
    2. You got flying at what lvl 77? Wasn't hard.
    3. I remember that the heroics dungeons were tough before everyone out geared them.
    4. Never cared about mounts.
    5. World content? are you talking about world bosses? World quests?
    6. Was the time gating any worse than any other expansions?

Quote Originally Posted by Aigilas View Post
    great bait 10/10
    This feels like what the thread is more than anything. Everyone knows WotLK had issues and a lot of them were fixed by 3.3.5 - but the expansion itself was amazing. People who quit during it probably had already played viable classes in Classic / TBC and burnt themselves out from playing way too much - as did many people during those early MMORPG days.

Are you living under rock?

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Classic/TBC/Wotlk/MoP 4 GOOD expansions.
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Wrath's theme will forever be it's most important benefit - any expansion featured around the most popular warcraft character is bound to be popular. It's the same reason BC and Legion did so well
    I have a feeling this is a huge part of it. Arthas the Lich King was objectively awesome and gave the expansion a lot of credit basically for free.

The northern setting in general probably contributed to a similar way, much like how regardless of it being a very sound expansion in terms of systems, people complained on MoP because omgkungfupanda.

WotLK's story wasn't that good. The Yogg-Saron and Malygos storylines were fine, but Arthas acted like a retard. Great boss fight, overrated villain.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5. no world content

6. extrem time gating

7. more and more
    Well it doesnt... because wotlk isn't a person?

7+ Year Old Account

5. no world content

6. extrem time gating

7. more and more

Oh dont forget this.
    Literally the only expansion to have a right out fucking lie on the box.
    vanilla is not an expansion, but it had a DH on the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The next time Wotlk starts bragging to me I'll admonish him sternly.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

5. no world content

6. extrem time gating

7. more and more
    In what way was leveling repetitive any different than any other expansion?
    No shit, but as soon as you got to level 80 you could unlock it.
    Dungeons were face roll if you were decked out in 213 gear, but really, what expansion's dungeons aren't other than Cataclysm at launch, which they then nerfed due to player complaints? I heard Burning Crusade was difficult too but was later nerfed/out geared as well. It's the nature of dungeons. Raids face roll? Maybe Naxx due to familiarity from Vanilla, but Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel face rolls were not.
    Most mounts in-game remain re-skins. "Here are more horses."
    Excuse me? Wintergrasp was probably the most engaging realm-wide world content ever. Everyone rushes to one zone to defend or claim it so they can do a raid exclusive to that faction if they've won. Beats the hell out of world quests and shitty world bosses.
    Every expansion has time gating. Wrath's in particular doesn't even jump out at me, what was gated? Raid wing opening times?
    More and more what? Be specific, if you're going to shit on an expansion regarded as top 3 by the player base in general, you have to do better than generic and cliche criticisms that apply to every expansion that is vastly inferior in design.

WotLK was a downer for me. Sure the nostalgia is real because I had a GREAT time in WotLK but from someone who loved TBC and how that was WotLK was just less good. It went a tad away from the mmorpg part and raiding in TBC was so fun that WotLK didn't really have a chance to be as good for me.

I rank TBC and Legion above WotLK, but it's top 3 for me just because I still had a great time. I do have a good time in every expansion just to make that clear, but some expansions are just better content and gameplay wise than others.

MoP wasn't very good, made me quit and I had played since Vanilla.

WotLK was by far the best, and the numbers support thiss.