Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's still vile.
    Seems like an overly designed mech stuff from the 80's to me.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, just got word that the "season 10" comics will be taking the season 9 ending into account. Which means I will not be reading them. Which means I am done with anything that comes out of Hasbro for good. Fan made stuff only from this point forward for me.

Welp, just got word that the "season 10" comics will be taking the season 9 ending into account. Which means I will not be reading them. Which means I am done with anything that comes out of Hasbro for good. Fan made stuff only from this point forward for me.
    I still don't understand what you hate about the last season. It's definitely not a strong season, which makes it even more disappointing since it's the last season, but if a comic just takes into account the ending of the show that could mean going on with the new character with Twilight being princess isn't a bad idea.

Hell, people would have preferred that to have happened with Scrubs, with the new interns taking over the show, rather than going with JD and Turk working elsewhere. Avatar the Last Airbender's comic explored things after the show too.

It honestly seems like you're letting your anger stop you from seeing if they fix anything, and also maybe overreacting to the ending still. There have been worse endings for shows. I can admit the final season wasn't strong, or even half good, but it's not the monstrosity you keep saying it is. Honestly, the only real change I would have made is Discord's reason for starting things. Had it been him trying to help those villains like the Mane 6 helped him, but it failed it would have at least made sense rather than him just trying to prepare Twilight for something she already prepared for.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if they "fix anything". If they are forced to adhere to "canon" (using that term loosely) by Hasbro, the best case scenario is them trying to contrive some explanations for a bad future that should have never been put in the show to begin with. But since the comics have to be approved by Hasbro, we know they will double down and force them to "continue" from the nonsense. Most of my issues with it stem from that last episode, which I see as bad fanfiction, with people both trying to "torch the franchise and run" on their way out, and try to "canonize" their nonsensical headcanons and crack ships. Celestia/Luna yeeting off into a retirement home is so dumb I don't think I can facehoof hard enough to convey it, that is even contradicted in season 9 itself, where they found how much they love ruling. There are the other things too like marginalizing friendship in favor of power (for Twi) and for romance (for others), and implying their friendship dissolved and they were only meeting out of nostalgia. People will shout until they are blue in the face: "But they didn't say any of that!" It doesn't matter what they said. Actions speak louder, and the actions shown implied that. If they meant to imply it, well that's obviously very bad because it upends the show on a fundamental level. If they didn't mean to imply that, it's bad/clueless writing. So malevolence or stupidity, pick your poison. I dislike it so much that I filed it under "that didn't happen" and removed anything even tangentially connected to it, the way you would cut out a tumor. Since the main season 9 arc didn't make any sense (the tree being destroyed, and Celestia/Luna retiring) anyway...I had no problem just going right click - delete on season 9. There is a lot of fan material that openly disregards the bad ending, and I'm going to stick with that. As far as I'm concerned their futures are open to what anyone wants to imagine, and I do not consider season 9 canon.

The absolute best case scenarios for these comics is "well maybe with some good writers they can contrive some things to make the bad ending not suck quite so much!" That's not a reason to write stories, or read them. As far as I'm concerned, Celestia/Luna are still there, the tree and elements are still there. No "official" writers will be able to ignore the trash, only the fans truly have the power to do that, and a large number of them have. That's as brief as I can be without a wall of text that's like 10x longer.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-01-26 at 10:19 PM.

the best case scenario is them trying to contrive some explanations for a bad future.
    What does "bad future" even mean?

Celestia/Luna yeeting off into a retirement home is so dumb I don't think I can facehoof hard enough to convey it, that is even contradicted in season 9 itself, where they found how much they love ruling.
    There was an episode where Celestia and Luna go on vacation and they end up having fun, plus that was the whole build up the entire season is that Twilight would take over eventually. Hell, they were grooming Twilight for that for multiple seasons by giving her more responsibilities.

There are the other things too like marginalizing friendship in favor of power (for Twi) and for romance (for others), and implying their friendship dissolved and they were only meeting out of nostalgia. People will shout until they are blue in the face: "But they didn't say any of that!" It doesn't matter what they said. Actions speak louder, and the actions shown implied that.
    No, they met once a month as they have their own lives (families, jobs, and other responsibilities) and they always made time to see each other so they never fully grew apart. It has nothing to do with nostalgia, not sure where you got that from.

Really the once a month meeting felt strange because the plan was for all six of them to be like a council, but that was oddly forgotten at the end. You'd think they would have met more often than that if they were planning things more. That's definitely a plot hole right there.

So malevolence or stupidity, pick your poison.
    I'm unsure if you know what malevolence means, because that's definitely not the reason. As for stupidity the two parter where Twilight became an alicorn is far worse than the ending of the show. Not because she became an alicorn, but it was the combination of alicorn and princess at the same time, and how it came about. Hell, even the writers had no idea what the spell she worked on was supposed to do. Those two episodes are written terribly, and there's actual proof of how bad it is, rather than the finale of the show is just average.

There are worse season finales than the series finale.

I dislike it so much that I filed it under "that didn't happen" and removed anything even tangentially connected to it, the way you would cut out a tumor. Since the main season 9 arc didn't make any sense (the tree being destroyed, and Celestia/Luna retiring) anyway...I had no problem just going right click - delete on season 9. There is a lot of fan material that openly disregards the bad ending, and I'm going to stick with that. As far as I'm concerned their futures are open to what anyone wants to imagine, and I do not consider season 9 canon.
    So again you are choosing to ignore it based on you not liking it. I guess that's your choice, but it still seems like you're overreacting to it. Honestly, the series finale was rather tame and nothing truly surprising. All the relationships at the end (minus Rarity and Spike) were obvious from years away, Twilight being the main princess was obvious, and her having a student that also didn't see the benefit of friendship, like she once did, is just a way to sort of make come full circle.

It seems like you were expecting a lot from the series finale, but for me we pretty much got a rather nice send off.

The absolute best case scenarios for these comics is "well maybe with some good writers they can contrive some things to make the bad ending not suck quite so much!" That's not a reason to write stories, or read them. As far as I'm concerned, Celestia/Luna are still there, the tree and elements are still there. No "official" writers will be able to ignore the trash, only the fans truly have the power to do that, and a large number of them have. That's as brief as I can be without a wall of text that's like 10x longer.
    Okay, but why do you need Celestia and Luna to be there? They did near nothing most of the show, and only had two episodes dedicated to them. Hell, we barely had much of a grasp of their personalities for how little screen time they had and just how little they did. Rainbow Dash even mentions how little they help the Mane 6 in the last season, because it's true. They don't do anything. Of course it's a shame they only got two episodes dedicated to them as we always wanted to know more about them and see them do a bit more, but they didn't. Even Rainbow Dash makes a joke about why Twilight thinks they need Celestia's and Luna's help even though they never help them, and it's funny because its true.

The tree is a big question, 'cause it wasn't there for most of the show anyways and the powers it gave the Mane 6 lasted for all of one bad guy encounter and then it was used as a plot device for various episodes just to make some things happen.

As for the elements they are still mostly around. We have the Mane 6 that embody them and until they either lose connection with the elements, like Celestia and Luna did through their fighting and becoming evil, or pass away they're always still there. They even sort of showed the the new student group were connected to the elements through their friendship.

Really it just seems like you're hating change because it doesn't conform to how you thought it should end, and unfortunately for you the writers are not beholden unto your, mine, or anyone elses idea(s) or headcanon. I mean my headcanon had Twilight and Rainbow Dash getting together, just so there wouldn't be an obvious couple at the end, but I'm not going to get all upset over it, although the RarityxSpike thing seemed a bit strange at the end, what with her giving him a longing look during the song.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2020-01-28 at 01:59 PM.

Almost got electrocuted today, yay for me.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/...riting-my.html

It'll definitely be interesting to see what being "off the leash" means as far as the comics writing without worrying about contradicting upcoming show writing. They've always played fast and loose to the point trying to rectify the two sources into one canon is fruitless, but I've always loved the individual stories. If they're bringing in Andy Price and the level of awesomeness they brought to the table with Nightmare Knights, I'm down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Almost got electrocuted today, yay for me.
    You've got to have the rubber lining on your Batsuit before punching the Electrocutioner, easy mistake to make, everyone gets stuck on that boss.

- - - Updated - - -

the best case scenario is them trying to contrive some explanations for a bad future
    I mean I'm not writing out a parallel world excuse plot that has us delve back into the "Sombra wins, rainbow dash looks like a scarred war vet" world, that would be rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You've got to have the rubber lining on your Batsuit before punching the Electrocutioner, easy mistake to make, everyone gets stuck on that boss.

[video=youtube;rYH7K_IRTfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYH7K_IRTfw[/vieo]
    Nothing like that, just plugged a vacuum in at work and a flash and a loud pop later and that vacuum handle was fried.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.equestriadaily.com/2020/...riting-my.html

It'll definitely be interesting to see what being "off the leash" means as far as the comics writing without worrying about contradicting upcoming show writing. They've always played fast and loose to the point trying to rectify the two sources into one canon is fruitless, but I've always loved the individual stories. If they're bringing in Andy Price and the level of awesomeness they brought to the table with Nightmare Knights, I'm down for it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I'm not writing out a parallel world excuse plot that has us delve back into the "Sombra wins, rainbow dash looks like a scarred war vet" world, that would be rad.
    I remember that...expecting a great boss fight (because Origins had the best boss fights in the series), only to have him go down with one kick in the face in a cutscene. The gloves were handy for the rest of the game though.

Anyway, the "epilogue" is the bad future, not the Sombra crystal war timeline.

Anyway, the "epilogue" is the bad future, not the Sombra crystal war timeline.
    Or it's just a future, and I'm not saying "a potential future" just one that is. Not good or bad, it just is; which explains the ending perfectly. Not good or bad, just an ending.

If death took me right now I'd complain how long it took him and for me to see his manager ('cause I'm sore and I'm tired.)

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know this was a thing until it appeared on my Youtube feed. I'm rather impressed by the animation and CG for something only 5 minutes long. The VA for Pinkie both matches and doesn't match.

- - - Updated - - -

Now these are some pretty good looking figures, cost a ton though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think they took the shy part of her name a bit too literally with the pose, but otherwise they all look great. I'd be all for a figure bundle of just the pony versions on the same stand or something.

I think they took the shy part of her name a bit too literally with the pose, but otherwise they all look great. I'd be all for a figure bundle of just the pony versions on the same stand or something.
    Idk i kinda like the pose.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Idk i kinda like the pose.
    The pose isn't terrible, but the human being super shy and the pony looking really friendly doesn't seem to match while RD's and Rarities both seem to have some similarities with their attitudes.

7+ Year Old Account
    The pony figures are incredible, but the fact that they also come with human ones is a dealbreaker for me, I have less than zero interest in human figures. If you could get them separately I'd definitely pick up the pony ones...don't need cosplayer figures, not what I want.

If death took me right now I'd complain how long it took him and for me to see his manager ('cause I'm sore and I'm tired.)

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't know this was a thing until it appeared on my Youtube feed. I'm rather impressed by the animation and CG for something only 5 minutes long. The VA for Pinkie both matches and doesn't match.
    The voice doesn't match but the enthusiasm does. I loved her just smashing the bottle on the ground. Reminded me of Epic Cupcake Time.

Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The voice doesn't match but the enthusiasm does. I loved her just smashing the bottle on the ground. Reminded me of Epic Cupcake Time.

[video=youtube;tJLL-DNu3P4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJLL-DNu3P4[/vieo]
    I meant matching/not matching for the character itself, not exactly if it was the same VA. I do wonder why put out something like that after the show ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Well this was a nice little stop motion video.

Me as a huge MLP fan lining up for Doom Eternal:

Well this was a nice little stop motion video.
    [video=youtube;cAe2LGnRBYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAe2LGnRBYg&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR21pT6LEsx-iUu2ww9g-LjnlcjYXD9DeOhfljeHFAqXSqTWYy1cWuAOX5E[video]
    Now that's just adorable.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-02-22 at 06:08 PM.

Now that's just adorable.
    Here's another