Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I just read that some 30 something people have been cured, with some even feeling better after a few days. It's funny that CNN or other media outside of China hasn't reported this yet. Has anyone living in the states seen news of this?
    The younger people don't die or even feel sick, but they carry the virus around.
    The older people feel sick after 10+ days.
    This makes the virus dangerous.
    If anyone got the virus die instantly, it actually makes the virus no chance to spread.

The question is that "Do these "cured" people still carry the virus?"

I see that a few posters are making fun the death rate is only 5%.
    The current death rate is not important.
    After everyone gets infected, the virus can evolve and kill more people.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-01-26 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post

https://new.qq.com/cmsn/20200124/POK...&name=LenovoPC Here is the doctor that was infected but after several days of rest at his home, he got cured. There could be several variables at work, who knows.
    What? How is he cured if there is no cure?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The younger people don't die or even feel sick, but they carry the virus around.
    The older people feel sick after 10+ days.
    This makes the virus dangerous.
    If anyone got the virus die instantly, it actually makes the virus no chance to spread.

The question is that "Do these "cured" people still carry the virus?"
    That is a very good point, i would imagine the virus is still there in their body. Much like having a cold for awhile, even when the symptoms are gone and you feel great, the cold virus is still in your system. But this is purely speculation as i'm not a doctor nor do i know about this new virus. I do find it funny that now CNN says that the virus could have come from snakes. Virologists even stated that they found SARS building blocks in cavebats, whom then give it to civets, whom are eaten for their meat *as well as the bats themselves*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    According to my gf *she sent me the Chinese..I couldnt read, so she sent the translated page*, the doctor went home for 4 days and recovered from the symptoms. Information like this needs to be shared with doctors around the world. There could be other factors at work that are curing the symptoms.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

The other explanation is that this doctor wore a mask.
    The virus got into his eye, but not his lung.

If the virus got into his lung, it would be more serious.

The other explanation is that this doctor wore a mask.
    The virus got into his eye, but not his lung.

If the virus got into his lung, it would be more serious.
    It could be related to the patient's immune system. I wonder if patients with good to strong immune systems have a better chance to recover, the problem is time.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    It's always delicious to see people fall for sarcasm.

No wonder...
    Ah yes because sarcasm is easy to tell online. In a forum that has people seriously saying the most bogus shit. There was literally just a closed topic undermining the seriousness of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Ah yes because sarcasm is easy to tell online. In a forum that has people seriously saying the most bogus shit. There was literally just a closed topic undermining the seriousness of this.
    Few people actually mean what they write in here. I'm not Kangodo or Tennisace.

If they sound outlandish, take it with a grain of salt instead of letting your inner righteous knight out

Few people actually mean what they write in here. I'm not Kangodo or Tennisace.

If they sound outlandish, take it with a grain of salt instead of letting your inner righteous knight out
    But you are one of those people who says outlandish shit

10+ Year Old Account
    But you are one of those people who says outlandish shit
    Me? Not at all. Are you still taking serious what i satirized above?

Me? Not at all. Are you still taking serious what i satirized above?
    Outlandish shit you have defended. So you cannot go around saying other outlandish shit and being like “but no it’s different this time”

10+ Year Old Account
    Outlandish shit you have defended. So you cannot go around saying other outlandish shit and being like “but no it’s different this time”
    Is this your respectives biases framing what I've written in an accusatory way?

A glancing and broad reminder of what you stand for informs me: you dislike Trump, believe racism is very much alive and black people in the states are still victims of systemic racism.

Let's see, I'm not a Trump supporter, i don't deny the existence of racism. At best, I find there's room to debate the systemic quality of racism over there.

Edit: if you're familiar with my posting history, you'd remember that I've engaged in fruitless back and forths with our resident commie shill.
    So, what gives?

Is this your respectives biases framing what I've written in an accusatory way?

A glancing and broad reminder of what you stand for informs me: you dislike Trump, believe racism is very much alive and black people in the states are still victims of systemic racism.

Let's see, I'm not a Trump supporter, i don't deny the existence of racism. At best, I find there's room to debate the systemic quality of racism over there.

Edit: if you're familiar with my posting history, you'd remember that I've engaged in fruitless back and forths with our resident commie shill.
    So, what gives?
    Trump and racism are two topics and only two topics.... there are more topics than just those two.

And the crux of your argument let’s remind you again is I should see through sarcasm because... magical reasons. There is a reason why most people put /s. Choosing not to conform to that and then essentially adopting the position of “how dare you not see the sarcasm” is silly. Especially since like I said there was just a thread with minimisation.

You mean just like you have done? I smell some hypocrisy here.

You mean just like you have done? I smell some hypocrisy here.
    Except I typically have a /s tag when being sarcastic. So where is this hypocrisy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump and racism are two topics and only two topics.... there are more topics than just those two.

And the crux of your argument let’s remind you again is I should see through sarcasm because... magical reasons. There is a reason why most people put /s. Choosing not to conform to that and then essentially adopting the position of “how dare you not see the sarcasm” is silly. Especially since like I said there was just a thread with minimisation.
    You can't keep dodging and contradicting yourself.

Either that or you're very selective in what you choose to recall of my posting history.

It is not the first time that I go into a topic of a serious nature and sarcastically impersonate one of our resident western privileged individuals shilling for an authoritarian regime.

Anyway. Does this really matter? You thought, i was serious, i wasn't and threw at your face. Let's move on from it

You can't keep dodging and contradicting yourself.

Either that or you're very selective in what you choose to recall of my posting history.

It is not the first time that I go into a topic of a serious nature and sarcastically impersonate one of our resident western privileged individuals shilling for an authoritarian regime.

Anyway. Does this really matter? You thought, i was serious, i wasn't and threw at your face. Let's move on from it
    The throwing it at my face is the idiotic bit. Are you new to the internet or something? Have you never used a forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    The throwing it at my face is the idiotic bit. Are you new to the internet or something? Have you never used a forum?
    Sigh... it doesn't really matter. Let it go

Sigh... it doesn't really matter. Let it go
    Why? I will continue to contend it is stupid to say shit on a forum and then be like “well it’s sarcastic why didn’t you know” when you say something entirely within reason of this forum and don’t put a sarcasm tag like most posters do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Real world doesn't operate on plague Inc. system. Lol.

The virus doesn't suddenly evolve to more deadly form in all of its hosts simultaneously.
    Yes, they come to US and evolve into another one.
    They go to Japan and evolve to a 3rd type.
    They spread back to China, and Chinese carry 3 different type of virus now.

The key is that people carry and spread them.
    In the past, they disappear due to climate change, not because of medicine.

Yes, they come to US and evolve into another one.
    They go to Japan and evolve to a 3rd type.
    They spread back to China, and Chinese carry 3 different type of virus now.

The key is that people carry and spread them.
    In the past, they disappear due to climate change, not because of medicine.
    So we know how fast they evolve?

I’ll contend that the entire reason humans are being affected is due to it mutating would sure it could keep mutating.