Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Covenant Ability Wishlist

While Shadowlands is almost fully a mystery to us and we know very little on what abilities we are going to offered, what is everyone's speculative ability from the Covenants?

We already know Bastion is going to give us Vesper Totem, which increases our, or our closest ally, mastery by 20%.

Maldraxxus: Summon Graveyard Elemental - summons an elemental with tombstones and grave moss on it that does some damage and buffs one of our abilities depending on our spec. For example, a stacking buff to our next healing ability whenever the elemental does damage or give us a stacking debuff on the target that causing our Maelstrom spenders to do extra nature damage.

Ardenweald: Withering Totem - summon a totem at the location that drains the targets while reduces the cooldown of our abilities for each target damaged.

Revendreth: Blood Siphon Totem - summon a totem at the target which causes the target to take fire damage every time they attack and gives us Maelstrom and mana.

I wouldnt get your Hope's up. Shadowlands will be exactly like bfa except for the essences, let alone any (useful) spell changes

Quote Originally Posted by Omybad View Post
    I wouldnt get your Hope's up. Shadowlands will be exactly like bfa except for the essences, let alone any (useful) spell changes
    Hopes up about what? They've already mentioned and showed off some of the abilities we are getting from the Covenants. I want to speculate on what some of those spells would be for shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Omybad View Post
    "I wouldnt get my hopes up that there will be covenent spells"
    there.. there is already covenent spells...

Why are you so incredibly cynical?

OT: i feel the ardenweld one willl be more connected to nature.
    possibly
    "Shoots bolts of life energy that bounce from a nearby enemy to a nearby ally healing enemies and healing allies. Fires 1 bolt every second, lasts 10 seconds, each bolt will bounce up to 10 times."

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    OT: i feel the ardenweld one willl be more connected to nature.
    possibly
    "Shoots bolts of life energy that bounce from a nearby enemy to a nearby ally healing enemies and healing allies. Fires 1 bolt every second, lasts 10 seconds, each bolt will bounce up to 10 times."
    I was having hard time thinking of an Ardenweald spell, so I went with the death part of the life cycle. Maybe Decomposing Totem or something would've been a better name.

One that removes EQ and gives CL its damage back, its ridiculous that 3 mobs with 80k hp takes forever to kill as a 450 ele shaman because you have no way of instantly dealing damage, u gotta build upto 60 maelstrom for EQ or just single target them 1 by 1, give me back the days i just spammed a couple of CL and melted mobs please.

Even if you use stormkeeper that won't kill 3 80k health mobs, what is that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    One that removes EQ and gives CL its damage back, its ridiculous that 3 mobs with 80k hp takes forever to kill as a 450 ele shaman because you have no way of instantly dealing damage, u gotta build upto 60 maelstrom for EQ or just single target them 1 by 1, give me back the days i just spammed a couple of CL and melted mobs please.

Even if you use stormkeeper that won't kill 3 80k health mobs, what is that shit.
    I don't see how this relates to Covenant spells, but okay. I doubt removing EQ and putting all of the power into CL would be very interactive. One spell rotations are a thing of the past or Classic.

If you want instant damage, Enhancement might be a better idea for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about abilities that are directly given to the shaman as opposed to ones granted by other entities?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    How about abilities that are directly given to the shaman as opposed to ones granted by other entities?
    It would be nice, but they've already announced that this is the way of things in Shadowlands. It would have been nice if they added the golden traits from Legion artifacts to BfA class designs, but that didn't happen. This is thread on speculation about how they will implement the already announced spells.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "I wouldnt get my hopes up that there will be covenent spells"
    there.. there is already covenent spells...

Why are you so incredibly cynical?
    They're more cooldowns instead of class abilities imo. And it's because I was let down by bfa and blizzard's decision making

These abilities need to be super balanced, I don't want to be stuck with a faction I don't like because its covenant ability is BiS. In my opinion they all need to be passive balanced abilities that have awesome animations

I always thought a Shock ability that explodes nearby totems would be cool. Could definitely fit into the Necrolords or Venthyr. Death Shock or Blood Shock maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    These abilities need to be super balanced, I don't want to be stuck with a faction I don't like because its covenant ability is BiS. In my opinion they all need to be passive balanced abilities that have awesome animations
    Passive abilities would make for really boring choices. We already seen the DK and Mage abilities as well as all of the Bastion abilities; none of which were passives. Give us passives from the Artifact Weapons/Azerite gear would be better than picking a single passive. However, with that said, I think the passive abilities are coming from Soulbindings.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I always thought a Shock ability that explodes nearby totems would be cool. Could definitely fit into the Necrolords or Venthyr. Death Shock or Blood Shock maybe.
    So similar to the old Fire Nova? I'm all for that. I feel like most of the abilities we will get are totem related even though I suggested ones that aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahrees View Post
    So similar to the old Fire Nova? I'm all for that. I feel like most of the abilities we will get are totem related even though I suggested ones that aren't.
    Given that the Kyrian ability is a totem, I'd say you're right and it's reasonable to assume they will all be. I'm not a HUGE fan of the longish cooldown totems personally but I suppose there could be some interesting ones in there.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Given that the Kyrian ability is a totem, I'd say you're right and it's reasonable to assume they will all be. I'm not a HUGE fan of the longish cooldown totems personally but I suppose there could be some interesting ones in there.
    I like the impact some of the resto totems have, but I'm also not a fan of the totem mastery talent. I like whenever I drop a totem to see a noticeable effect, not just drop and forget.

All I want is to be able to cast lightning bolt while moving

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    All I want is to be able to cast lightning bolt while moving
    It wouldn't even be imbalanced. LB hits like a wet noodle...I don't think it's even in my top 5 damage sources nowadays.

I guess that would be too convenient, though? :|

Quote Originally Posted by Nahrees View Post
    Passive abilities would make for really boring choices. We already seen the DK and Mage abilities as well as all of the Bastion abilities; none of which were passives. Give us passives from the Artifact Weapons/Azerite gear would be better than picking a single passive. However, with that said, I think the passive abilities are coming from Soulbindings.
    Passive abilities don't have to be boring if they come with a cool enough animation. Although it's blizzard so there will undoubtedly be a BiS for each spec. Lets just hope that for those that play multiple specs don't have to switch covenants every time.

Quote Originally Posted by music49 View Post
    Passive abilities don't have to be boring if they come with a cool enough animation. Although it's blizzard so there will undoubtedly be a BiS for each spec. Lets just hope that for those that play multiple specs don't have to switch covenants every time.
    animation will not make them not boring lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Passives don't have to be boring, although they often are. There have been some passive set bonuses that completely change a rotation.