Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Originally planned? Care to share where you got this info from?

It's more like tinkering with different ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Without being clairvoyant, probably for the best. BfA has been a dumpsterfire, not worth the resources to salvage.
    I'd agree of BfA didn't eat up multiple fan favorite expansion themes in the process.

WoD at the very least was an asspull and even re used its final boss.
    BfA's Final boss was a decade in the making and even his henchmen received their own expansion (Cataclysm).

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    a lot of content got cut in favor of shadowlands development according to this thread https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...8#post52029518
    Pointing to ambiguous, untrue threads does not make what you say true, no matter how hard you wish it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'd agree of BfA didn't eat up multiple fan favorite expansion themes in the process.

WoD at the very least was an asspull and even re used its final boss.
    BfA's Final boss was a decade in the making and even his henchmen received their own expansion (Cataclysm).
    Both agree and disagree. I'm over complaining about BfA though, just want it over and done with, SL is the last chance for my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yeah dude whenever someone from a company comes forward to report on the state of things they're obviously gonna give their name so they can get shitcanned and sued immediately because they violated their NDA.
    Sources withiut names aren't sources they are rumors. If you don't disclose your name you cannot be a credible source.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Sources withiut names aren't sources they are rumors. If you don't disclose your name you cannot be a credible source.
    If that were true quite a lot of people would be in prison right now. that rumour is clearly shit and has been disproven but its against the law to force people to reveal sources for a reason.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be weird for N'zoth to be at nazjatar(Near the maelstrom). Not to mention the scale of N'zoth might be a bit rough on the more potato machines. Sure it would be a pretty cool thing to look at but........... yeah I'm not too upset it was canceled. I just think N'zoth being relevant was just in the wrong expansion(As in one that has many concerns and such like classes and Warfronts).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    I am not sure what the implications of that are though. Why was N'Zoth there, does it mean he physically moved after his prison was broken? Because I have been to Nazjatar in 8.2, and I can assure you that I didn't see any Old God looming over it.

I suppose it would've been explained eventually, but that seems like a very odd location for N'Zoth. He physically wasn't in Nazjatar, his prison was located faraway from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It would be weird for N'zoth to be at nazjatar(Near the maelstrom). Not to mention the scale of N'zoth might be a bit rough on the more potato machines. Sure it would be a pretty cool thing to look at but........... yeah I'm not too upset it was canceled. I just think N'zoth being relevant was just in the wrong expansion(As in one that has many concerns and such like classes and Warfronts).
    You need to read more of the thread title and first post than the two proper nouns in it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

This is WoD all over again.

Remember the cut content in WoD, the shattrah zone/raid cutted out, the Y'rel story thrown to the trash, the Epic cities replaced by Ashran, and the facepalming finale ?

This is the same shit all over again. Last Time they had to pull all of the fan service and their A+ game to stop the bleeding, but Shadowlands looks nothing like Legion.

RIP WoW, this Time for good...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    You need to read more of the thread title and first post than the two proper nouns in it.
    I did read it, and I still stand by what I said, it would be weird for N'zoth to be by Nazjatar instead of...well where he's supposed to be. Nothing really changes that. Even if you imply that he moved, how the fuck can you even do that as something as big as a fleshy mountain.

Remember the cut content in WoD, the shattrah zone/raid cutted out, the Y'rel story thrown to the trash, the Epic cities replaced by Ashran, and the facepalming finale ?

This is the same shit all over again. Last Time they had to pull all of the fan service and their A+ game to stop the bleeding, but Shadowlands looks nothing like Legion.

BFA still has more stuff in it then WoD and Blizzard cut WoD short by the time of Hellfire citadel was being made as a raid. BFA was given much more time. But yes rah rah doom and gloom >_>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yeah dude whenever someone from a company comes forward to report on the state of things they're obviously gonna give their name so they can get shitcanned and sued immediately because they violated their NDA.
    So Blizzard fired 800 employees because of Activision? The fact that it uses lies mixed with some potential truth is all we need to know to not take it seriously.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Black Empire, N'zoth and the naga arc should've been one entire expansion for themselves, with BfA offering somewhat of a prelude. A lot of wasted potential in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarikla View Post
    WoD only had two raid tiers. This is not even close to WoD. We only have reference to a few things cut from 8.3 and 8.3.5 (which was only datamined). Ideas are always explored in the design process. WoD is nothing like BfA and I question if you've actually played it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Fuck imagine literally questing on Nzoth's body

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    If that were true quite a lot of people would be in prison right now. that rumour is clearly shit and has been disproven but its against the law to force people to reveal sources for a reason.
    What you quoted is true. Just because you don't understand a concept doesn't mean that it is wrong. For a source to be credible it has to be proven credible. The easiest way to do that is to provide your name and title. This can then be verified. No one is forcing anyone to provide these details. If you want to be referred to as more than a rumour then you have to provide verification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I did read it, and I still stand by what I said, it would be weird for N'zoth to be by Nazjatar instead of...well where he's supposed to be. Nothing really changes that. Even if you imply that he moved, how the fuck can you even do that as something as big as a fleshy mountain.
    Thread title: "Let's not forget that Nzoth was originally planned to be a zone as big as Nazjatar"

Read it again. Carefully.

Nothing in that sentence suggests any of the semantic meaning that you have taken from it. All you saw were "Nazjatar" and "N'zoth" and then you came in here raging.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarikla View Post

this is every expan ever, literally every single one has had content that didn't make it into game wrath even had content on the box that was never added.

I'm fine with it, old god shit is so ugly and uninteresting.

Just wish they'd rush out Shadowlands instead.

How many reeee's will this get......

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Implying that previous expansions didn't have similar things that ended up being changing during the development. I get it BFA is shit and 8.3 is not perfect, but let's not pretend like BFA and 8.3 were the first time things like this happened.
    Indeed. Legion, arguably the most content-rich expansion tied with Pandaria, had an entire island cut in favor of Argus. Wrath had Azjol-Nerub, initially a sprawling underground zone, cut down to two dungeons. So on and so forth.

I do think that 8.3 having a zone was the initial plan alongside the Old World assaults, and that zone ended up being cut in the effort to refocus development on Shadowlands. As we see in N'yalotha, N'zoth is plenty massive enough to make a zone out of his body.

So what? N'Zoth was supposed to be 4 expansions ago too.