Poll: Rate: World of Warcraft: BATTLE FOR AZEROTH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I chose "One of the worst WoW expansions ever", mostly because it's hard to judge. Cata was the first bad expansion I experienced, and honestly, my case is peculiar, as I quit because of the community within the first month. Running heroics the first week with people being used to WotLK heroics just broke me. Not because of the expansion itself. So I can't really judge that expansion if it's worse than BFA. WoD I played a bit more, a couple of months or so, but the whole loop around the garrison and everything felt terrible. Felt far too busy, wanting me to always keep things running in the garrison as well and the whole AU thing was stupid. So I ended up quitting that expansion as well. BFA I played about as much as WoD, though I played WoD in concurrent months, while BFA was played only the first month and a month after two of the patches where new reputations were released.

To me, BFA feels like the worst, but then again, I've not played through all of WoD or Cata in its time, so it's hard to judge if it's the worst. My classes for sure feel terrible, Azerite just sucks, IEs are a chore, warfronts hahaha, world quests are a plague, war mode is terrible imo as a PvP server player, professions still completely broken, story is awful coming from the promise it showed before release, leveling experience wasn't as good as previous expansions and the world doesn't really feel as interesting as previous expansions. Only good thing I can say is that art looks good and raids have been okay/good. Oh and more trolls is always good. So yeah, I personally feel it's the worst, but to account for the weaknesses of my own judgement, I feel it certainly belongs in "one of the worst expansions".

So much wasted potential here I don't even know where to start.

8.3 was the last nail to the coffin, with that rushed ending and subpar cinematic. I had hope BfA would redeem itself as 8.2 itself was not too bad, but it ended up being one of the worst expansion in my opinion. A lot of things feel rushed: storylines, in-game cutscenes (what the heck is happening with those, they look awful, just stop using them already Blizzard); allied races questlines. The only things nailed as usual, werethe art and music. The art team rarely disappoints, same goes for the music team.

As for the rest, I don't know what has happened between Legion and BfA, but boy has the quality of the game dropped...

Art and Music ON POINT as always. Still not as good as WoD, but it was close.

Class Gameplay BAD and doesn't show signs of improvement.

Game Systems GOOD and showing signs of improvement. I haven't had time to raid in about 6 years. Its been a hell of a ride these last few expansions without it but honestly this expansion (And Legion) both really improved on outdoor activity. I really like all the things they add to do that isn't just World Quests. Mythic+ has especially been a favorite.

PVP TERRIBLE and has been since 6.0. They need to revamp it or ditch it. I feel like its time.

I still played wod because my friends played, there was possibilty for passive gold income. Expansion for extremly alt friendly for me.

Bfa? Never played less. I played during s1 and s2 (a little), got all s3 rewards i wanted and i am not going back until next expansion. Or i will get back at the end to level highmountain druid so i can play in horde not dead alliance

good raid encounters with obsolete loot and nothing else good about the expansion

I went for mediocre. There's been worse ones and there's been better ones.

Highs of the expansion

1. Waycrest Manor
    2. Drustvar
    3. Uldir
    4. Underrot
    5. Nazmir
    6. Cinematics
    7. Tiragarde Sound
    8. Tol Dagor
    9. Zuldazar
    10. Vol'dun
    11. Stormsong Valley
    12. THE MOTHERLODE
    13. King's Rest
    14. Atal'Dazar
    15. Siege of Boralus
    16. Freehold
    17. Shrine of the Storm
    18. Temple of Sethraliss

Lows of the expansion:
    Everything else.

Overall I'd say it's probably a bit better than WoD which would make it as bad as Cataclysm and worse than everything else.

BfA was the unexpected death rattle of WoW after the surprisingly resurgence of vitality brought about by Legion. The insane focus on a stupid and boring faction war. Terrible content. No innovation. Class mechanics left to rot. Sylvanas and Nathanos manage to outdo the numerous annoying NPCs of prior expansions by orders of magnitude. The fanfiction level of storytelling is embarrasing. I could on about just how terribly the potential of the game, the franchise and world has been squandered.

WoW is no longer a game worth a subscription fee and even the expansion box price is too high for what is provided. Activision-Blizzard has killed their golden goose.

It was okay. The war campaign and Mechagon were great. I also loved the dungeons and Battle of Dazar'alor. I haven't tried Nyalotha yet.

Achievement hunting was fun in Nazjatar. War mode is always entertaining.

The highlight of the expansion for me was the Hivemind secret last year even though you could say it was actually Legion content.

I didn't like the class design though. Warlock and Monk were the only classes I found fun to play this time around.

I didn't even bother to finish leveling my alts to max because I was so bored with the questing content. Vol'dun and Stormsong Valley are the only good leveling zones, and even they are a chore to get through in some places. Meanwhile I still have tons of love and nostalgia for Highmountain and Stormheim despite going through them over 15 times each.

the worst, by far.

compare it to the two other modern wow expansions. it didn't have the pace or the amount of content of legion, and it and didn't have the class design and gameplay of wod. it was just pure shit.

above all else, they have got to move away from this temporary power bullshit. the adhd kids that demanded post-max level progression opened the door for this, and now they're going to keep fucking doing it every expansion and it's going to make the start of every expansion feel awful. they've got to just throw this system away and let max level character progression be in raiding. nothing else if they can't do it right(like ESO does it, that is the right way to do it).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've hardly touched it / 10.

Heck I couldn't even be bothered to login for the 15y stuff.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

From a mythic raider's perspective: BFA is worse than WoD.
    At least some classes in WoD had fun class design, BFA classes suck.
    Also the BFA raids are not that good. 2 Endboses with line of sight mechanics? No thank you.

Pros: Beginning of expansion was fun, leveling process even though we only had 3 zones I really enjoyed them especially Drustvar. 8.2 was pretty fun, especially with the Essence grind on my main.

Cons: Have literally been spamming my main, not able to really play my alts without having that massive setback especially with Essence grinding. To farm Essences again, its too daunting. M+ is the same as Legion so I'm mixed on how I feel about them. Raids are lackluster, only good raid would probably be Eternal Palace. PvP having no honor grind, can't pick selected gear it really sucks. It took me about 2-3 months to get the helmet PvP piece to complete the mog!

Let's just hope that Shadowlands brings a lot to it cause I think if it's as bad as BFA, WoW will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Worst fucking expansion ever put out. Everything about it was shit except for art and music
    Yeah, the cinematics were so much better it wasn't funny. I mean everything else (particularly for me) was an epic fail but the cinematics were A+. Except for the last one which they phoned in.

Ahh BfA.
    Overall I would say my opinion is that the expansion had alot of potential, a decent amount of good content, and some letdowns.
    What I liked:
    The zones. All of them look amazing and visiting these places was great.

The raids. I’ve enjoyed all the raids, both visually and mechanically.

The story/worldbuilding. I do have some issues with the overarching horde vs. alliance story, but I honestly feel the stories with don’t deal with that was some of the best ever. Janias story, the Drust, the Dragonlights and basically all of 8.3.

Really, I love 8.3 and so far it is one of my favorite patches ever.

What I disliked:
    Azerite gear. Not the concept itself, but more that you have to re-earn it ahain and again.

Class design - I only play shadow priest, and for the most part it just feels worse that the Legion counterpart, which i liked. Though getting Leap of Faith back has basically saved the spec for me.

The conflict between Horde and Alliance. This is mostly because it storywise still, STILL, feels unfinished. I really miss some sort of resolution for all the mindless killing.

So in conclusion: i kinda liked it overall, but I do hope Shadowlands focus more on making the core mechanic og the classes and gear more “fun”.

As soon as classic launched. My raid guild in the top 500 died overnight.

Something I've never witnessed before. A solid team too. I've been out twice, first time ever in WoD because "ugh, the fuc#in green again!", 2nd time in Legion, "same thing, but some personal reasons too". And now, well, another break since there's no solid team to do things with and I didn't bother looking for a decent new guild after our disband.

So yeah, other than my own temper tantrums earlier, this one saw a collective temper tantrum. Hence, this expansion is one of the worst.

And for me personally, I think of it the same way. Mentioning that I was already pissed when thunderforging came out, something that was absolutely unnecessary (the incentive was to make people transition to 25 more easily as it dropped there way more often, apart from the fact that 25 mans already got much more loot by default over 10s but w/e). Now they've gone and made that mess even worse from what I've read so far, yet to experience though. Only a level 100 right now.

Mediocre.I like the raids, m+ a lot but that GCD changes makes every class feel like playing in slwomotion i can't get used to it. For the rest, its really the same as legion.

I stopped my subscription. So it didnt keep me interested.

Came back to get flying 8.2 primarily to making leveling through it later easier. Turns out i didnt need to at the end!

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    As a pvper - worst expansion to date.

At least WOD had decent PVP (pvp gear, pvp vendors, etc.)
    I'll say this. The gear and weapon models that came out of WoD endgame, were pretty cool looking. The design team did a great job. Bfa models look like they were done half-assed. *but that's my opinion*
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I voted worst.

WoD. Mostly fun specs/classes. Bad central expansion feature - but otherwise good content(although there was very little of it).

BfA. Mostly cumbersome specs/classes that don't feel good. Bad central expansion features(Islands/Warfronts). Overly complicated gearing/reward systems that detract from the game(Azerite gear, Heart of Azeroth, Essences, TF/WF, Benthic gear, Corrupted gear, Legendary cloak upgrade system etc.) replacing what was the best part of raiding to me(tier sets and spec trinkets). Also I found most of the raids meh(except battle of dazar'alor)