Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    The difficulty of the dungeon is not what made people dislike it. Trial of the Champion's joust event also was easy. But it was disliked because it was simply not funny. And before the LFG changes, your dragon's stats wasn't based on the gear of you character. That made the dungeon runs way harder than others you could faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    It's not about the difficulty so much as, in WotLK vehicle combat was still a very new system and had a lot of rough edges to smooth out. People dropped the Oculus because the drake combat segment just wasn't very fun for many players and inexperience with the drakes often meant it took longer to clear than most other dungeons.
    I personally don't find many dungeons "fun", especially after running them 10 times.Back then you ran for your daily badges, so you just did them whether they were fun or not. From my experience (and I'm not a awesome player) way too many people made Oculus harder than it was. From Randos to guildmates, it was clear most just didn't understand what to do and refused to learn. I get that it was a little confusing to know which Drake to pick at first and all that, but really after the first 2 months it seemed pretty easy. I didn't really enjoy the place, but it wasn't "Worst dungeon ever"

Quote Originally Posted by SirDjord View Post
    Tell me, how many classes/speccs you would be able to beat as an Arms Warrior today as compared to wotlk, please. I have not even half the abilties i had back then its horrid today. Even the Pve rotation was more intresting back then than it is today. Wotlk was the best expansion and thats just a fact.
    I played this game from vanila until today about 80% of the time,i quit in bfa the most by far,and i almost always completed the hardest challenges,and i can with no issue say wrath was one of the worst xpacs ever,i had fun playing it yeah,but objectivly the game was just bad,dungeons were a joke,even on day 1,raids were the easiest they have ever been since classic,nothing to do outside pvp and raiding,rotation wise yeah,some classes were fun,but thats the case with every expansion,i loved stuff in cata and mop and legion,other times i didnt like the same ones,like how paladins got changed so damn much

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansions don't have 'rights'. People just have differing opinions about them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    MoP wasn't very good, made me quit and I had played since Vanilla.

WotLK was by far the best, and the numbers support thiss.
    No.. Wrath was the most POPULAR, but that does not automatically make it the BEST. The best expansion or period in WoW will differ from person to person based on their experiences with the game. Sure some might claim they had the most fun during Wrath, and they conflate that with it being the best.. but that isn't how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    No.. Wrath was the most POPULAR, but that does not automatically make it the BEST. The best expansion or period in WoW will differ from person to person based on their experiences with the game. Sure some might claim they had the most fun during Wrath, and they conflate that with it being the best.. but that isn't how it works.
    Well comparing wrath to later xpacs doesn't work either. Gaming evolves (well, used to ). It's like saying the newest smart LED TV is smarter, thinner, has better screen than a 10 year old model. Color me shocked. But AT THE TIME you were totally okay and very happy with that older model. People should judge expansions in time capsules.
    If someone joins the game today, of course they are flabbergasted as to why people loved Wrath. Back in the time, it was great fun, a LOT of patchnotes were lifting up some resctrictions (Wrath was the "YES, YOU CAN!" expansion), we got achievements so going back to BC and vanilla made sense. We got dks. Everyone and their mother had DKs. The starter experience was really good. We had multiple factions with daily activities. We got new flying mount models, which was a thing back then. Crafting was in it's golden age.

I had about 500 days played in Wotlk it was great.

-- Brother of Asmongold --

15+ Year Old Account
    I bet OP started in either cata or later on.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I bet OP started in either cata or later on.
    I started 18 years ago in Beta and I miss enjoying the game man. I enjoyed it in Cata and stuff though.

15+ Year Old Account
    u sound pretty mad at wotlk....what did wotlk ever to to u? Leave wotlk alone.....leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    u sound pretty mad at wotlk....what did wotlk ever to to u? Leave wotlk alone.....leave it alone.
    Yeah dude it was a frickin great one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmonbronze View Post
    I started 18 years ago in Beta and I miss enjoying the game man. I enjoyed it in Cata and stuff though.

In what universe did u think i was talking about you?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Ya, PVE in general in Wrath was the worst of any expansion if you ask me.
    Two of the worst raids ever without question, terrible daily system for very little rewards, and of course, the easiest 5 mans to date.

I think a lot of people forget how much bad stuff was added in Wrath too.

Heirlooms
    LFG
    Threat finally given up on for a tanking model
    10/25 man split difficult raiding

Some of the worst decisions ever made, and much of it still haunts this game to date.
    HoR was pretty tough but by the time it came out we were all pretty geared.

Heirlooms and LFG marked the beginning of Blizzard trying to make this game more appealing to new players. Honestly LFG was not a bad addition it helped players on dead servers big time. What killed it was adding LFR, Raid finder, and open world farming groups. Being able to queue up for current content raids is so incredibly lazy.

10/25 was only bad because of split loot tables with 10 man having lower ilvls. 10 man was easier but if you just tune it properly it could have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    1. woltk leveling was repetetive
    The Wrath of the Lich King expansion had one of, if not THE most diverse leveling experiences in the game. Two starting points, and all sorts of paths you could take.

2. flying was locked at the beginning
    Flying was locked out at the beginning of every expansion except for Cataclysm. Not only that, but the Wrath of the Lich King expansion was the only expansion that you didn't need to be at max level to unlock flying. That's right: you would unlock flying at level 76. On top of that, you could buy a book to mail to your alts so they could learn flying 'Northrend flying' right from the get-go at level 68.

3. dunegeons/ raids were mostly faceroll, if you did not artificaly increased the difficulty
    The dungeons only became "faceroll" once you got gear. And what do you mean with 'artificially increase' the difficulty?

4. most mounts were reskins
    So what? BfA has a crap-load of unique mount designs. Does that make it a "good" expansion in your eyes?

5. no world content
    PvP dailies in Grizzly Hills. Dailies in Coldarra. Argent Tournament construction dailies. Argent Tournament dailies. Icecrown dailies. Wintergrasp.

6. extrem time gating
    The only real instance of "time gating" was Icecrown. Everything else was released as normal.

7. more and more
    In other words: I can't think of anything else to pad this list.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-01-27 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Lmfao, nice bait but ill bite:

1. WOTLK leveling was the smoothest, more relaxed content and less grind 10 wolves quests.

2. Flying was locked until 78 and it also added mounts at level 20 later in a patch.

3. Ulduar is regarded as one of the hardest ever raids made in wow to the point that even ICC heroic couldnt compete with Algalon.

4. True, but then again so were previous expansions and current ones.

5. Daily quest hubs, wintergrasp, argent tournament grounds, world pvp areas, excuse me 'what'?

6. No where 'near' as painful as current time gating, considering you could still rep grind tabard content to exalted.
    This. WoTLK was THE BEST Expansion and you cannot change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I've always wondered... what would have been the purpose of dance studio had it been implemented as a feature?
    I assume that it would be a studio where you can dance. If it was around today it would be once every two weeks and you would get a heroic raid level item for doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Argent dawn tournament made me quit. Grind was awful.
    I kindly disagree. I loved it because I could use the seals for BoA gear for leveling alts. I know PvP Arenas took a shit post-TBC and weren't fun.

I mean, subscriber count was at its peak during wotlk.

So technically it was the best expansion to date, but not everyone likes or liked it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woltk has no right to the claim of being the best expansion while we have people complain about every little thing in newer expensions:

3. dunegeons/ raids were mostly faceroll, if you did not artificaly increased the difficulty

5. no world content

6. extrem time gating

7. more and more
    1. you almost always had 2 leveling zones to pick from, and only had to do about half to hit max. they also some grate story archs, and added some of the then new vehicle combat to spice things up, this was also when they stared moveing away form the 10 bear bum style quests, the ones they still did have usualy had drop rates over 50%

2. Only until level 77, later they added a tome BoA tome for alts, and it had some zones built around flying to make up for it

3. At the start they where of good difficulty, they added some challenges for more advanced players to do with achievements.

4. Finally got normal dragons, got mammoths, proto drakes, a motercycle, Death chargers, frostwyrms, Invincible, mimron's head, bear mounts, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

5. Wintergrasp, rares, a boatload of achievements for WotLK and old world content, probably the second best set of dailies for an expansion, Heirlooms, World PvP stuff in grizzly hills, fishing finally given more use/reward.

6. some

7. less and less it seems....

Woltk has no right to the claim of being the best expansion while we have people complain about every little thing in newer expensions:

5. no world content

6. extrem time gating

7. more and more
    1. No one really cares about leveling when it's < 1% of your time in an expansion on a main.
    2. Locked until Level 76. What the heck are you on about? Nice bait.
    3. I don't disagree; I'll give you this one (half of it at least): Dungeons were in an awful spot. This led to early Cata doing hard dungeons again before being nerfed and finally being given Challenge Mode in MoP, Mythic in WoD, and M+ in Legion. Raids, no. They were pretty nice and we also got Heroic in T9.
    4. No, also who cares.
    5. No worse than dailies/WQs.
    6. Ah yes, those reps being "timegated" behind tabards when you can spam dungeons.
    7. This isn't a point on a list.

Try again, OP.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    The next time Wotlk starts bragging to me I'll admonish him sternly.
    Thank you, judge, carry on.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water