Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    no session today
    they start back up on Monday
    k, thank you. How long was yesterdays? I caught them mid day and skimmed a little over an hour of it and they were just terrible with the lies.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    2 hours. It was about what you’d expect. No evidence, just lies and gaslighting.
    What I figured, so I pretty much did see it all anyways just skimming. Well, Monday will be interesting watching them pull shit out of their ass.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    You would need a vote to allow evidence for that to work...
    Here is a good take.

Pretty simple. If a Senator now votes no on calling Bolton to testify they're knowingly engaging in a cover-up.
    https://twitter.com/DavidJollyFL/sta...494381058?s=19

Possible shenanigans, but should be an effective campaign ad and attack.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this bears repeating: Fuck McConnell.

Of all the pieces of shit in Government, he's by far the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I think this bears repeating: Fuck McConnell.

Of all the pieces of shit in Government, he's by far the worst.
    I mean Roberts as the actual judge could call McConnell out. Instead he's crying incivility, when Adam Schiff points out Trump's interference (heads on a pike).

So co-worst maybe?
    Government Affiliated Snark

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    If that happens...dictatorship. The concentration camps will start gassing people shortly after they "win". (I mean we know they can't win an actual election, but if the Russians still have enough control over our voting systems it's possible.) And the US will be like 1939-1940 Germany. The only hope for the country if they "win" is a military coup.
    Agreed. And we'll start to see nepotism in spades for the 2024 election - either Ivanka or Donnie Dipshit Jr. I want to be joking, but I'm not.

Regarding new revelations, I'm sure this already broke in this thread, but Bolton claims Trump personally directed Ukraine aid delayed until Ukraine started investigation into Trump's Democratic rivals.

Excerpts are in his book.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be interested to know if there is any kind of backroom deal going on that would Impeach Trump and keep McConnell in office (in other words abandon McGrath's campaign on a national level). Doubtful, but if it was, I'm not sure how I'd feel about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    EXCLUSIVE: Bolton's book draft says Trump told him in August that he wanted to continue freezing aid to Ukraine until they helped with investigations into rivals.

Bolton is the worse. He wont' testify and rather sell books. BUT, this seems to confirm what Trump was attempting to do, withhold funds until he got dirt on a political rival.
    My understanding is Bolton wanted to testify, and Trump blocked him via executive privilege. I'd bet the leak has come from Bolton's camp to force the issue. Bolton can't cover up that he knew all this shit, he'd be an accessory after the fact (in legal terms, but no real consequences since impeachment isn't about a criminal citation in this case). He wants to save his rep, whatever is left of that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    My understanding is Bolton wanted to testify, and Trump blocked him via executive privilege. I'd bet the leak has come from Bolton's camp to force the issue. Bolton can't cover up that he knew all this shit, he'd be an accessory after the fact (in legal terms, but no real consequences since impeachment isn't about a criminal citation in this case). He wants to save his rep, whatever is left of that.
    That was my understanding as well - Bolton was amongst the dozens that were blocked from testifying when the House subpoenaed witnesses from SIX different Departments. Trump either claimed Executive Privilege or outright ordered them not to testify (which is why we saw people from State still testifying because Trump had no legitimate authority to block Congressional testimony.

Outside of book sales, I wonder what he's saving his reputation for?

Nah, Bolton never wanted to testify. He threatened to sue the house if they subpoenaed him.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-01-27 at 04:00 AM.

The thing with that is Bolton can defy the executive privilege and come out anyways. He just doesn't. We wants to pretend he was forced to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Nah, Bolton never wanted to testify. He threatened to sue the house if they subpoenaed him.
    But he said he would only ever testify, if the Senate called him, which is why they don't want to, because he won't unless Republicans call him.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That was my understanding as well - Bolton was amongst the dozens that were blocked from testifying when the House subpoenaed witnesses from SIX different Departments. Trump either claimed Executive Privilege or outright ordered them not to testify (which is why we saw people from State still testifying because Trump had no legitimate authority to block Congressional testimony.
    "Executive privilege, you can't tell the house anything! But it's ok to put it in your book."

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    "Executive privilege, you can't tell the house anything! But it's ok to put it in your book."

Can't claim executive privilege in commission of a crime, and if the book is released, which it seems it will be, it is waiving of executive privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Considering she isn't president and there still are investigations that continue to find nothing really shows just how much she lives inside their heads.
    I swear Trump has a secret thing/fetish for Hillary. He won she didn't..yet still fascinates about her. They need to screw and get it over with *granted it might take her getting smashed to do it* lol
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I swear Trump has a secret thing/fetish for Hillary. He won she didn't..yet still fascinates about her. They need to screw and get it over with *granted it might take her getting smashed to do it* lol
    She won the popular vote. And he has failed to "lock her up" as promised. He must be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    And even when she was exonerated by the Trump DoJ, they still chant lock her up. Even though his administration has the people going to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    She won the popular vote. And he has failed to "lock her up" as promised. He must be pissed.
    He claimed this and that, she didn't really do anything that would have landed her in jail etc at the time. Sure she had the emails, but that wasn't prison worthy. Trump on the other hand has done plenty of stuff that would land him prison time, but being president..he can't just be locked up. T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And even when she was exonerated by the Trump DoJ, they still chant lock her up. Even though his administration has the people going to jail.
    I'm guessing because the stuff his administration did, is quite illegal etc. I'm quite surprised that Giuliani hasn't been locked up yet, even though his associates have been.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I would be interested to know if there is any kind of backroom deal going on that would Impeach Trump and keep McConnell in office
    Effectively irrelevant. If McConnell stops acting as Trump's bodyguard goalie Boy Wonder bullet shield, the rabid fanbase won't re-elect him. If he continues, then his voters will choose to ignore the abject failure of their state under Trump's tenure.

- - - Updated - - -

Surprising nobody, Trump says the claim in Bolton's book is false from the safety of not being under oath.

For those who choose to put faith in Trump's veracity, I'll also cite the following:

The Democrat controlled House never even asked John Bolton to testify. It is up to them, not up to the Senate!
    This is, of course, an objective falsehood. Now, maybe Trump could/should have said "the House never subpoena'd Bolton" but that's not the same thing. It's also a questionable statement in general when Trump has been blocking witnesses to the point of that's on the impeachment list of charges.

Trump never exercised executive privilege. He just ordered the entirety of the executive branch not to comply with the investigation. However, they could have subpoenaed him and it would still be in the courts today.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I dunno, Clinton's a one-woman wrecking ball at the moment. If she's not careful she'll split the Democrats in two and they won't stand a chance against Trump. He's just going to keep stirring shit as much as he can now.

If she doesn't like Sanders she should show support for other candidates rather than attacking him. Her latest vindictive comments were bad, but to not even confirm that she'd be willing to support or vote for Sanders if he won the nomination? - That's a really dangerous line of attack. "Anyone but Trump" won't hold if they burn so many supporters and make themselves the enemy.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!