Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    heart of azeroth - dazal'alor - org - uldum via the old Cata portal circle. It arguably is quicker to portal there than a flight master would be from the heart to uldum.
    Yea but you need to manually fly to the Uldum portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    To bad its not much of a threat, should have made it alot more aggressive.
    If you fly TOO close to it, it'll go after you. And with that thing on your tail, you cannot outrun it since it constantly slows you down. And when it gets you, it straights up one-shots you. I know because I was flying alt-tabbed, and found my character dead. I looked at the logs, and saw what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    To be fair to that poster you quoted, for some dumbass reason Uldum was the only Cata zone to NOT receive a portal back to SW/Org. Twilands, Deepholme, vashj’ir, and Hyjal all have a portal back to the capital. Uldum neeeever did, and there was never a reason given as to why.
    Vashj'ir has a portal back to Stormwind? Where? I don't recall having a port BACK to SW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I've been hit by the worm on the ground on my flying mount.
    I don't think you were ON the ground. Flying real close to the ground, maybe, but not ON the ground.

I know this because I camp The Grand Executor in Uldum for the toy, and the rare mob is on a platform high in the sky. I sit there, on my flying mouth, on the floor, and all the worms do is target me, nothing else. No debuff. And I know I'm on their range because of the telltale purple fog around my character AND my character auto-targeting the worm (which is something that happens when a hostile mob enters combat with you)

There is a portal directly to the sword, AND there IS a flight point next to the sword (just the opposite side of the magni).

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't think you were ON the ground.
    Pressed Alt-3 (flight form) and got hit before I took another move.

This only happens throughout uldum ... not had it happen in the vale.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I like that we have threats in the sky.
    That worm is like the Fel Reaver in Hellfire. It haunts my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Vashj'ir has a portal back to Stormwind? Where? I don't recall having a port BACK to SW.
    Like Twilands, Vashj'ir does not have a portal back immediately; you don't get the SW one until the second third of the zone IIRC.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

For what though? I wouldn't be opposed to a flight master, but I just don't get the need.
    There is a portal directly there and directly to Uldum.

This game is really getting out of control with fast travel over the years, and its funny how so many people freaked out about the portal changes, only now to realize why they did them.

Take your time and enjoy the scenery for once.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I would love too this.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    You know the portal to Silithus, and all BFA portals except the one back to Stormwind/Org are going to be removed as soon as Shadowlands releases, don't you?

Don't get too attached to any conveniences of BfA because they're going away soon enough.
    I expect the Silithus portal will probably stay, given that Silithus is technically BfA content now. The other city portals are definitely going, though.

The way I liked the best was in BC when the guards could fly and shoot you down and there were cannons and stuff that could dismount you. The killer robot in Mechagon was... okayish, the worm is just tedious. Considering you can be on thee ground in some parts of the zone and still get nailed by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Except it’s faster to hearth to Boralus/Zuldazar and take the portal than fly anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair to that poster you quoted, for some dumbass reason Uldum was the only Cata zone to NOT receive a portal back to SW/Org. Twilands, Deepholme, vashj’ir, and Hyjal all have a portal back to the capital. Uldum neeeever did, and there was never a reason given as to why.
    Well, Highlands is on a different continent from every Horde capital but Undercity, so it would be a major, MAJOR setback for Horde to get out of there. Same for Vashj'ir. Deepholm can literally only be reached by portals so of course it needs a two way.

Or if you want a Watsonian reason it might be that out of all of the areas, Uldum is the only one that isn't controlled by either of the two factions and they didn't give the Horde and Alliance permission to set up a portal.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Pressed Alt-3 (flight form) and got hit before I took another move.

This only happens throughout uldum ... not had it happen in the vale.
    Maybe getting into flight form already puts you in the air, even if it's just an inch above it? I mean, I mount up several times and that nothing happened to me, in Uldum OR the Vale.

- - - Updated - - -

You know the portal to Silithus, and all BFA portals except the one back to Stormwind/Org are going to be removed as soon as Shadowlands releases, don't you?

Don't get too attached to any conveniences of BfA because they're going away soon enough.
    Irrelevant, since the portals to Orgrimmar and Stormwind are the only portals that matter in the 'portal jump', and Blizzard is not going to remove the portal to Silithus since it's part of the leveling experience of BfA. That'd be like removing the portals to Uldum zones.

- - - Updated - - -

Like Twilands, Vashj'ir does not have a portal back immediately; you don't get the SW one until the second third of the zone IIRC.
    Are you sure? I honestly don't remember ever seeing a portal back to the main cities in Vashj'ir.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I want a portal from Uldum to SW....
    I know, right? Why does every other zone from Cata a Portal back... except for Uldum?
    Or am i to stupid to see it?

The game needs more portals overall or every class should have a no CD blink that cant be used in combat

10+ Year Old Account
    we have a portal next to the sword. we dont need a flight path.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

The portals in Dalaran were part of the Legion leveling experience, but they removed them. The one from Dalaran to Karazhan is only active for a leveling character when it's relevant to the quest they're on. NONE of the portals in Chamber of the Guardian (Dalaran basement) are still there for you when you go back. Only the Stormwind/Org portals and the class-specific hall portals remain.
    No, they weren't. They were simple convenience to get to places you'd go once in a blue moon, only after you reached max level.

Case in point: all the portals for the Cataclysm zones are still up.

The portals are going away when they are no longer relevant to the content your character is doing.
    They'll still keep the portals that are vital for the leveling experience, which means the portal to Silithus will remain, since that is a place you have to regularly return, and is crucial for the acquisition of the Heart of Azeroth.

The Cataclysm portals are a special case that, thankfully, meet whatever criteria Blizzard has decided makes them worthy of remaining.
    The Cataclysm portals meet the criteria I already told you: they're part of the leveling experience, which is why the portal to Silithus will remain.

I actually had this exact thought yesterday. Sure, it's not a huge pain. But they could have added one for convenience, for sure. The portal route is a bit silly to go between Uldum and Silithus.

What they could also seriously add is some sort of marker for the camp. I've found myself flying around the Azerite wasteland aimlessly, trying to find it. It can be hard to spot.

There already is a flightmaster in place, they just need to activate it.

its not a THREAT....it just annoys you by making you slow as long as you fly UNDER it.... fly over it and it ignores you.....what a joke....

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I'll get right on it.
    Me, the totally legit and real Blizzard Developer you're talking to on this fan forum.
    Anything else I can do while we're here?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.